[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Sounds like Carolina accepted it but Columbus couldn’t work out a contract.

I don’t think there’s any chance he accepts his qualifying offer. The damage to the relationship is already done. They need to move him they’ll have to come down in price though.

Could be a good deal to be had I just think other teams can offer more is all. 4oa is quite a price 

Debrusk Petey Necas would be great 

Edited by Rick_theRyper

6 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Could be a good deal to be had I just think other teams can offer more is all. 4oa is quite a price 

Debrusk Petey Necas would be great 

Well that price will need to change now unless they wait till next draft.

I think a good prospect, a first, and a young roster player likely gets it done.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

$7M+ is my guess if it's a long term deal.  A short term 3 or 4 year deal could be $6Mish.

$6M x 3yr would be a good bridge contract.  Canucks would be past the most difficult part of the OEL buyout.

$7.5M x 7yrs would be better overall but kinda hard to fit in.  Would need to trade Garland out and probably run a smaller roster (21-22 instead of 23).

Just now, BPA said:

$6M x 3yr would be a good bridge contract.  Canucks would be past the most difficult part of the OEL buyout.

$7.5M x 7yrs would be better overall but kinda hard to fit in.  Would need to trade Garland out and probably run a smaller roster (21-22 instead of 23).

$7.5M would be really tight cap wise.  I don't see us adding anybody of that magnitude anymore.  

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

actually DeBrusk is, his goals per game is actually higher for his career. 

https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/frozenpool_compare.php?players[]=4241&players[]=3622&period=2023-2024%3AR%3A99

Perhaps "better offensive player" would have been a more accurate statement. Teravainen's point totals are much higher. Both players have played on good teams.

• Vintage 1

I like this signing, the term might be a season or two too long, but it is what it is.

When Debrusk is good, he’s very good, hopefully Tocchet and a line mate like Pettersson can ensure that Debrusk’s game remains consistent.

Edited by J-23
  • Wiener 1

Maybe a year or two too long, but I could see him being a 20-30 goal guy most of his tenure. He'll get more ice time in Vancouver, perhaps more powerplay time too. He's also got a legit second line spot, maybe a first line spot at times. 

We need young guys in Podz and Hoglander to step up, maybe Lekkerimaki sooner than later, which means we have 1-3 slots in the top six for Debrusk. 

1 hour ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Perhaps "better offensive player" would have been a more accurate statement. Teravainen's point totals are much higher. Both players have played on good teams.

I was actually a little surprised at the goal totals, which gives me some hope that the time he gets with Petey will pay off.

JGs assist numbers could go up with Petey as well.

2 hours ago, BPA said:

What is Necas salary expectations?  Probably $6-7M??

We can afford it and even more.

We have $2.75 million with 23 players signed.  Drop to 22 players and that is between $3.5 million, take out Garland for $5 million more (use Heinen in his spot) and that is $8.5 million.  Assume Necas gets $7.5-8.0, depending on where in that range he falls we can run with a 22 or full 23 man roster.

Debrusk-Petterson-Necas

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Sherwood-Blueger-Karlsson

PDG

The alternative is shoring up our D… we don’t have a real 3rd pairing right now who can take 18 minutes a game… that means we will lean too much on Soucy-Myers who may not be able to handle a workload of more than 20 minutes a game.

Edited by Provost

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

We can afford it and even more.

We have $2.75 million with 23 players signed.  Drop to 22 players and that is between $3.5 million, take out Garland for $5 million more (use Heinen in his spot) and that is $8.5 million.  Assume Necas gets $7.5-8.0, depending on where in that range he falls we can run with a 22 or full 23 man roster.

Debrusk-Petterson-Necas

Podkolzin-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Sherwood-Blueger-Karlsson

PDG

The alternative is shoring up our D… we don’t have a real 3rd pairing right now who can take 18 minutes a game… that means we will lean too much on Soucy-Myers who may not be able to handle a workload of more than 20 minutes a game.

This is something I wanna see.

They’ve already shown they’re all in by making the trades they did. They need to go all in on a talented goal scorer that Petey can grow with through his prime. Be aggressive to get that final piece.

Look at teams that are top contenders. They have 4 guys in their top 6 they can count on for goals every night. Right now we have Miller, Boeser, and Pettersson. We need that 4th guy to make our offense impossible to shut down.

I also think I might like Debrusk with Miller better. I think their games would compliment each other really well.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is something I wanna see.

They’ve already shown they’re all in by making the trades they did. They need to go all in on a talented goal scorer that Petey can grow with through his prime. Be aggressive to get that final piece.

Look at teams that are top contenders. They have 4 guys in their top 6 they can count on for goals every night. Right now we have Miller, Boeser, and Pettersson. We need that 4th guy to make our offense impossible to shut down.

I also think I might like Debrusk with Miller better. I think their games would compliment each other really well.

I also think Debrusk fits better with Miller, unless we got another top line player I can’t see not putting him on the Petey line as an upgraded winger