[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

On 7/2/2024 at 4:02 PM, Bob Long said:

hmm... but that good for the leafs. So I'm torn. 

they'll make the playoffs, only to take out the leafs, and then be taken out by Florida. 

Guentzel will then have regrets signing with a declining and soon to be rebuilding franchise. 

He's eventually traded to Vancouver, but not without Tampa Bay taking on 50 percent of his contract. 

Robert Redford Nod GIF

• Haha 3

On 7/2/2024 at 2:07 PM, Petey O said:

I have a feeling this dude gets a 60+ point season next year. If he can be a perennial 60-70 point guy, I think this signing is justified.

i think 70-75 point is probably the highest for Debrusk. Not trying to put a ceiling on him or anything, I just don't see him scoring 35 goals, and 55 assists per season. One of his challenges has been consistency right? 

57 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

they'll make the playoffs, only to take out the leafs, and then be taken out by Florida. 

Guentzel will then have regrets signing with a declining and soon to be rebuilding franchise. 

He's eventually traded to Vancouver, but not without Tampa Bay taking on 50 percent of his contract. 

Robert Redford Nod GIF

Amaze GIF

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

i think 70-75 point is probably the highest for Debrusk. Not trying to put a ceiling on him or anything, I just don't see him scoring 35 goals, and 55 assists per season. One of his challenges has been consistency right? 

5.5 AAV is slightly more than Garland. It’s a great contract for us. If debrusk was 35 + 55 he’d be a 10 AAV cost.

Tampa way overpaid for Geuntzel. He’s going to have less goals this year than debrusk. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

He’s going to have less goals this year than debrusk. 

I dunno about that, @Alflives. I think Guentzel's going to have a good year, and he'll score lots of goals with Kucherov still there. I can see another 40 goal season this upcoming year for Jake. But that doesn't mean that our Jake won't have a good year either. It may not be at Guentzel's pace for scoring goals, but if he gets 30 goals this year, I think that's huge for Petey. 

• Like 1

I think the biggest thing for Petey will be that DeBrusk represents a real scoring threat.

Previously all the other team had to do was cover EP40 as there was no real worry that any of his linemates would score reliably 🙂

So Jake will score more because of Petey but that will also allow Petey to have more time and space and thus score more.

Even if he only scores 20-25 goals the easing of pressure from Petey will give him more chances and confidence.

I'd actually prefer Sherwood, Heinen or Joshua with them so Hoglander can do what he does best in scoring on oppositions 3rd/4th lines with impunity
It's quite a domino effect of positives just from having another scoring threat on EP40's line...

Next year can't come fast enough.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I dunno about that, @Alflives. I think Guentzel's going to have a good year, and he'll score lots of goals with Kucherov still there. I can see another 40 goal season this upcoming year for Jake. But that doesn't mean that our Jake won't have a good year either. It may not be at Guentzel's pace for scoring goals, but if he gets 30 goals this year, I think that's huge for Petey. 

Not just huge for Petey, but huge for the Canucks overall. There are very very VERY few teams that have 3+ 30 goal scorers each year. Vancouver has been one of them the last few seasons.

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I see 4 lines flying and rotating every 45secs to a min..

and with good leads letting the bottom 2 lines getting “development time” .

even the mix and matching in situational assignments will be great.

A60FD08E-00B7-4A1B-9BF7-9CEA98457F2D.thumb.jpeg.f150d633b3258f6aae791ecd064a455e.jpeg

Podz could learn a lot from Sherwood I think.

He had to adapt his game to be a regular NHLer which is what Podkolzin is gonna have to do.

He’s not gonna be a scorer at this level, so he’s gonna have to add different elements to his game.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I think DeBrusk is really going to shine here under Tocchet. It's a huge opportunity to elevate his game with the right support and system that seems like the perfect fit. 

Really good interview and insight from big daddy DeBrusk on D&D yesterday about Jake coming to Van ...

Over/under on him scoring on his own net game 1?

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I think DeBrusk is really going to shine here under Tocchet. It's a huge opportunity to elevate his game with the right support and system that seems like the perfect fit. 

Really good interview and insight from big daddy DeBrusk on D&D yesterday about Jake coming to Van ...

agree fully ,  I see him like others here,  a potential JT clone 

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

A60FD08E-00B7-4A1B-9BF7-9CEA98457F2D.thumb.jpeg.f150d633b3258f6aae791ecd064a455e.jpeg

Jake Debrusk's most common centre partner last year was Charlie Coyle, can't wait to see how he clicks with Petey. And Heinen temporarily held a spot on the perfection line with Bergeron. This is deeper than the group we started last year with. Exciting times.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I always thought Louie was a canuck-hater. Either I was wrong or he's jumping ship now since Jake's on this team

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I'd switch Heinen with Podz or Sherwood. I think Heinen with Suter would make an awesome 4th line that will score lots

Nothing better than having 4 lines constantly coming at you that are a scoring threat

Winning recipe for the regular season.

Playoff time different story I'd load up

• Cheers 1