[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

24 minutes ago, nzan said:

Remember when everyone was tripping over themselves trying to come up with a name for the Third Line?

Like for months writers kept repeating the lame thing they came up with in hopes it would catch on.

This one just sorta rolls off the tongue! Very nice.

I really don't get the need to come up with stupid names for lines. Just call it by whoever the centre is.

I'm also on the boat of Debrusk playing with Petey. 

Our 3rd line was the best in the league last year and most of us thought it would be gone at the end, but now everyone is locked in for 2 more seasons. So give them a chance to start together and see if the chemistry is still there. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

I really don't get the need to come up with stupid names for lines. Just call it by whoever the centre is.

Line names and members here making up nicknames for players and using them in conversation is a peeve of mine. There’s one particular poster that insists on it haha

Edited by GrammaInTheTub

12 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

Same reason why you came up with a stupid name for the forum. 

Posted (edited)

With Debrusk here I could imagine trying these 3 forwards lines at training camp, and preseason.

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petterson - Garland

Heinen- Blueger - Hoglander

That top 6 could be really good. Joshua and Garland could use a good look with Petterson, they’ve earned it!

Blueger has proven to be a good 3rd line centre, let’s have a look there too.

4th line can skate and hit!

Podkolzin - Suter - Sherwood 

Edited by Bretzky
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bretzky said:

With Debrusk here I could imagine trying these 3 forwards lines at training camp, and preseason.

Debrusk - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petterson - Garland

Heinen- Blueger - Hoglander

That top 6 could be really good. Joshua and Garland could use a good look with Petterson, they’ve earned it!

Blueger has proven to be a good 3rd line centre, let’s have a look there too.

4th line can skate and hit!

How about Joshua and Garland with Miller.stop shitting on EP

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wasn't that the complaint about Miller?

To be fair, Tampa Bay was a stacked team when Miller was on there. He wasn't playing in a top six role. Wasn't Debrusk playing in a top six role in Boston? I'm honestly asking because I don't follow Boston (iykyk). 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, spook007 said:

Tocchet earned the respect...

We were all fans of him growing up.  Games changed.   Was nice to see De-Brusk talk about Tochett and how he was great with all the teammates, can see that.   What a player.   Personally feel him and Hunter should both be in the HHOF.  Same with Rod the Bod.    Sure glad these guys are coaching now.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

Not sure if it has been mentioned but Debrusk is actually a really good skater as well. He is one of the fastest in the league going from zero to full blast. 

Obviously once he quickly gets to full speed he cannot carry the puck like the Bure's or McDavid's did/do, but still a big time strong skater. 

Great pick and another huge step for the end goal. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Garland and DJ are really good third liners. They can play up the lineup in a pinch. But they struggle against higher end players. 

Yeah if anything I wouldn't take both off the third maybe just Joshua 

Joshua Miller Boeser

Debrusk Petey Hoglander 

Heinen blueger Garland 

Garland still there to drive and forcheck the 3rd line with the newly skilled Heinen. Big top line, Hoglander hopefully takes another step but is also a great forchecker and puck retrieval guy. Might work? 

Just looking at that and man the top six is all capable and almost a lock to score around 20+ goals 

Edited by Rick_theRyper
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, IBatch said:

A frequent opponent of Gino.   Seemed like every second or third game these guys dropped them.    Like a lot of these guys, well spoken and shows a ton of respect for the game, sure likes Tochett but who doesn't really. 

I'd be down with Tocchet in the HOF and Hunter too.  Tocchet only guy if I remember right with 30 goals and 300 PIMs in one season (well 299 I think).  100 point season, Cup, 900 career points that just got Datsyuk in.

Honestly I'd be down with Tiger Williams in the HOF as a one of a kind induction that wouldn't open any floodgates as he has the same penalty minute lead for a career that Gretzky does with points...and he scored more career goals than Henrik Sedin, was an All Star etc.  He's kind of like a Paul Henderson type of case.

And Tocchet's old teammate Hextall, the only goalie in history to be the team's enforcer.  Had over 100 PIM in a season I think, never mind the Vezina and Conn Smythe.

Tocchet and Dale Hunter are two guys that often slip my mind when I start ranting about the HOF, Bernie Nicholls, Randy Carlyle and Brian Propp.  Dale's hit on Pierre Turgeon really Bertuzzied him.

Edited by Kevin Biestra

30 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Tocchet only guy if I remember right with 30 goals and 300 PIMs in one season (well 299 I think).  100 point season, Cup, 900 career points that just got Datsyuk in.

Honestly I'd be down with Tiger Williams in the HOF as a one of a kind induction that wouldn't open any floodgates as he has the same penalty minute lead for a career that Gretzky does with points...

Funny you mention Tiger, as here are his stats for

1980-81 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 35 27 62 343 4 3 0 0 0 2

35 goals and 343 pims

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Gurn said:

Funny you mention Tiger, as here are his stats for

1980-81 Vancouver Canucks NHL 77 35 27 62 343 4 3 0 0 0 2

35 goals and 343 pims

Heh you got me, that's what happens when you go by memory some 35 years after the fact.  Well, maybe they're the only two.  Yeah Tiger was a beast...and a smaller guy than Tocchet.  I remember a picture of Tiger squaring off against Willi Plett, the chaos giraffe of his day, and it was like Rocky vs. Drago.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Yeah if anything I wouldn't take both off the third maybe just Joshua 

Joshua Miller Boeser

Debrusk Petey Hoglander 

Heinen blueger Garland 

Garland still there to drive and forcheck the 3rd line with the newly skilled Heinen. Big top line, Hoglander hopefully takes another step but is also a great forchecker and puck retrieval guy. Might work? 

Just looking at that and man the top six is all capable and almost a lock to score around 20+ goals 

That's a solid top 9.  I'm not certain all of the players will be in those slots but having 4 real top 4 players is a big improvement over last year.

Don't forget Suter.  If he's anchoring the 4th line, they'll be good for their share of points and if any of the above don't work out, Suter can slot in comfortably

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Bobby James said:

I'm also on the boat of Debrusk playing with Petey. 

Our 3rd line was the best in the league last year and most of us thought it would be gone at the end, but now everyone is locked in for 2 more seasons. So give them a chance to start together and see if the chemistry is still there. 

Could Debrusk score 40 goals?? 

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Could Debrusk score 40 goals?? 

27-35 is my guess. Might hit 40 if everything goes really right. Maybe 15 if things go really wrong 😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

That's a solid top 9.  I'm not certain all of the players will be in those slots but having 4 real top 4 players is a big improvement over last year.

Don't forget Suter.  If he's anchoring the 4th line, they'll be good for their share of points and if any of the above don't work out, Suter can slot in comfortably

Hell yah 

Podz Suter Sherwood 

Step up on all forward lines. Obviously having Lindholm on the 3rd is a stack C group but the wingers look a lot better from what I've read/know about the new guys