[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

12 hours ago, IBatch said:

We were all fans of him growing up.  Games changed.   Was nice to see De-Brusk talk about Tochett and how he was great with all the teammates, can see that.   What a player.   Personally feel him and Hunter should both be in the HHOF.  Same with Rod the Bod.    Sure glad these guys are coaching now.   

No wonder amigo...

The old timers friends or foes most share a common respect towards one another... They know, how tough they were ...

I'm so freaking happy to see Tocchet behind our bench... no whining and moaning about decisions... take it on the chin and do better next shift..

Don't feel hard done to, but get even instead... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

If we made lines by rank in respective positions, we'd see:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petey - Gnarly

Hogs - Blueger - Heinen

Podz - Suter - Sherwood

I like it.

There you go...

Suggested this, as soon as the FA happened... 

There are several possibilities.... 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

We should still give it a try with them again. Petey wasn't truly himself last season.

If Garland was a better shooter I could see it working....

Dunno. I just feel like Petey needs a better scoring threat. Even with a defensive black hole like Kuzy, Petey was more dangerous.

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

If Garland was a better shooter I could see it working....

Dunno. I just feel like Petey needs a better scoring threat. Even with a defensive black hole like Kuzy, Petey was more dangerous.

11.6 he should be able to mesh with high 5v5 analytics guys, I’ve been a major petey supporter from day 1 or maybe day 2 lol, but it’s time for him to give us a consistent 82 games anything short of 100 points and selke convo he didn’t earn his money, linemates are important but the line is usually only as good as the driver, last year I will give him a pass as he lost a lot of points due to incompetent wingers failing to put tap ins home (laff/mikheyev) and prob got frustrated as the season went on and he faced the blame, he is now guaranteed to play with competence balls in his court 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

11.6 he should be able to mesh with high 5v5 analytics guys, I’ve been a major petey supporter from day 1 or maybe day 2 lol, but it’s time for him to give us a consistent 82 games anything short of 100 points and selke convo he didn’t earn his money, linemates are important but the line is usually only as good as the driver, last year I will give him a pass as he lost a lot of points due to incompetent wingers failing to put tap ins home (laff/mikheyev) and prob got frustrated as the season went on and he faced the blame, he is now guaranteed to play with competence balls in his court 

It's not about 11.6, it's about Garland shooting muffins.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

When you're paid 11.6 though, you should be able to set players up for prime scoring opportunities. There's a lot of responsibilities being a centre.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

He’s consistently putting up around 20 with 3rd line mins and and minimal pp time, he’s doing something right maybe petey needs to learn how to muck up the ugly goals to get him to the next level 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, PureQuickness said:

When you're paid 11.6 though, you should be able to set players up for prime scoring opportunities. There's a lot of responsibilities being a centre.

Even McD needs a good partner.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Even McD needs a good partner.

Not really a good comparison on many levels. The fact that mcD can play drive is one of the biggest reasons, so no, MCD doesn't need a good partner.

Petey has stuff to work on this summer and he doesn't have the luxury of making excuses (or have people doing that for him)

1 minute ago, PureQuickness said:

Not really a good comparison on many levels. The fact that mcD can play drive is one of the biggest reasons, so no, MCD doesn't need a good partner.

Petey has stuff to work on this summer and he doesn't have the luxury of making excuses (or have people doing that for him)

I’m not sure this holds true… Mcd would have about 30 less assists playing with Mikheyev for a season 😅

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Take Hyman or drai away from his line and he can absolutely be handled .

No one is making excuses, one guy rarely makes a line by himself 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Who else was on that line 

Was lucic mcdavid maroon for better part of that season 

Edit:

looks like Eberle actually played more than lucic 

Edited by Captain insano
  • ThereItIs 1