[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Take Hyman or drai away from his line and he can absolutely be handled .

No one is making excuses, one guy rarely makes a line by himself 

McDavid is one of those exceptions. The problem these playoffs wasn't that he or his linemates weren't producing. Towards the latter half, the rest of their roster was starting to produce.

Edited by PureQuickness

6 minutes ago, PureQuickness said:

Petey has stuff to work on this summer and he doesn't have the luxury of making excuses (or have people doing that for him)

Petey needs some Weight Gain 4000 and ACME strength ankle tape.

• Haha 2

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but DeBrusk played for months with broken hand last season. Once that injury healed by playoff time, DeBrusk elevated his game by leading the Boston Bruins in goals (5) and points (11) in their 13 playoff games (taken from Canucks Army article).

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just happy we have some more options on the wings. Additions of Debrusk, Heinen & Sherwood will do wonders with our center depth. Hope Suter is playing in the bottom 6 and is not used as a top 6 option. He will excel in the bottom 6.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

If Garland was a better shooter I could see it working....

Dunno. I just feel like Petey needs a better scoring threat. Even with a defensive black hole like Kuzy, Petey was more dangerous.

I'd say Petey becomes the scoring threat on that line, as Dak and Gnarly can forecheck and dog the puck out with the best of them, with Petey as F3 waiting in high-danger areas.

• ThereItIs 1

9 hours ago, spook007 said:

No wonder amigo...

The old timers friends or foes most share a common respect towards one another... They know, how tough they were ...

I'm so freaking happy to see Tocchet behind our bench... no whining and moaning about decisions... take it on the chin and do better next shift..

Don't feel hard done to, but get even instead... 

Biggest change with the team imo is we no longer turn the other cheek. It's awesome to see. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I'd say Petey becomes the scoring threat on that line, as Dak and Gnarly can forecheck and dog the puck out with the best of them, with Petey as F3 waiting in high-danger areas.

If they can get Petey to shoot more, this could work.

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Demko is a core piece too and  is our most important player. 

Demko is the one x factor this team has against every other team in the west sans Winnipeg.

An incredibly important player indeed.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

If they can get Petey to shoot more, this could work.

He'll have much less distraction this year, and Tocc has challenged him to be a beast, so we might see Petey with a career year. At least I sure effing hope so lol

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

I’m so stoked for the upcoming season…

That being said I don’t wanna get too excited because whenever I tend to get up for anything related to the Canucks my expectations are never met… So I better chill the fuck out

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

4 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

I’m so stoked for the upcoming season…

That being said I don’t wanna get too excited because whenever I tend to get up for anything related to the Canucks my expectations are never met… So I better chill the fuck out

Will Ferrell Chill GIF

I Am Yes GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

He'll have much less distraction this year, and Tocc has challenged him to be a beast, so we might see Petey with a career year. At least I sure effing hope so lol

I don't understand why Petey doesn't shoot more. He's got such an excellent shot, that he needs to use it more. Is this something with Swedish players where they just don't shoot the puck as much as they can? 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't understand why Petey doesn't shoot more. He's got such an excellent shot, that he needs to use it more. Is this something with Swedish players where they just don't shoot the puck as much as they can? 

He seems to always be looking for the perfect shot and doesn’t always have the quickest release. 

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

He seems to always be looking for the perfect shot and doesn’t always have the quickest release. 

but he scored 34 goals last season. his shot looked lethal in his first few years. why is he so hesitant to use it now? 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Peteys shooting percentage is pretty remarkable in its consistency, within 1% year over year.

So can he really change? 

I think it's easier to just get him a legitimate shooter as a partner.

Edited by Bob Long

9 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but DeBrusk played for months with broken hand last season. Once that injury healed by playoff time, DeBrusk elevated his game by leading the Boston Bruins in goals (5) and points (11) in their 13 playoff games (taken from Canucks Army article).

When you take his 22/23 season and 23/24 playoffs it looks like we might be getting a 7+ mil guy. 

Not for sure at all.. but I remember liking his profile before knowing about the broken hand.  Adds a lot of upside IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

He's been squeezing the stick, which is why I'm hoping no distractions will help him shoot more and less stick squeezing. 

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Peteys shooting percentage is pretty remarkable in its consistency, within 1% year over year.

So can he really change? 

I think it's easier to just get him a legitimate shooter as a partner.

We know he can blow a puck by any goaltender in any league. Petey just needs to be physically strong enough to get to the scoring areas consistently. The question is - can he?

16 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Yeah, his postseason play has been encouraging and the most exciting for me. If he can continue to elevate his play, that's going to bode well for the Canucks moving forward. 

• Like 1