[Signing] Debrusk to Vancouver

2 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

EXCEPT…. Just because Big Z and Lindholm didn’t sign here, doesn’t make them our shit. Bitter much?🙄

Haha, I wasn't meaning "shit" in a derogatory sense. Just as "stuff".

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

Not really sure why people are already saying he isn’t a fit with EP without ever seeing him play with EP. 

I agree. I think he's very much a Boeser-ish player but with different traits. He can finish which is what Petey needs and he isn't a turnover machine.

Ideally we get a high skill forechecker and he can do that but is inconsistent a bit.

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

EXCEPT…. Just because Big Z and Lindholm didn’t sign here, doesn’t make them our shit. Bitter much?🙄

Says a lot about someone's character when they voluntarily join a team full of dirtbags like the Bruins.

• ThereItIs 1

Biggest question for me with this signing is if he isn’t more of a fit with JT and Brock? Not that that’s a real big problem but still leaves Petey with someone like Heinen (a better version of Mik?) rather than a really good winger. Wonder if there is more in the mix??? 

still wouldn’t mind taking a flyer in Skinner. 

Very divided opinions here

I like this signing, he’s still fairly young, only 27 and has had a lot of distractions in Boston. Wanting to leave, trade requests etc

i think this one will age very well. Is likely a great fit with Miller and Boeser. Need a playmaker for Pettersson and Hogz though

Risk-reward signing, but the reward is more likely to transpire than the risk. Speed, forechecks, scores, pks... Tocchet will do wonders for Debrusk. Looking at what other players got, and at the age that Debrusk will be when his contract is up in seven years, this could be a steal signing. 

• Upvote 1
  • chaos 1

Just now, JayDangles said:

Debrusk with Miller is going to pay off big time

Maybe,  or JT returns to his old ways an loses it on Jake after watching his soft, inconsistent play......suppose anything is possible.

I think he will end up playing with Petey.  Not unrealistic to think he can put up 25-30 goals with him.  He likes to go to the dirty areas.

As a side note: this will make those saturday nights where we are hinged with Singh and Debrusk as play by play guys more palatable. lol..

Why is it that we had to pay Debrusk 5.5 mill for 7 years when we only had to pay Heinen 2.25 mill for two years when they were both around .5 ppg last season? I understand that Debrusk is a bit younger and has put up more points over his career, but other than the year before last he's never really put up legit top 6 numbers. 

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Maybe,  or JT returns to his old ways an loses it on Jake after watching his soft, inconsistent play......suppose anything is possible.

I think between Miller and Tocc, Debrusk is about to take a huge step in his game

19 goals and 40 points. 5.5m. I agree with others, he seems more like a fit with miller and boes more than pettersson. 

I will keep my critisms reserved. Im sure i will love this guy by november. 

In a sense, he might be a better fit in our roster than lindholm ever was.

If the dude does mesh with petey and becomes his winger and doubles his point production then this contract would be amazing. 

Just now, JayDangles said:

$5.5m for a streaky guy who still pots 25 goals is a great deal. Put him with Petey or Miller and he can go over 30 goals. That would be a steal

Our pro scouting has been great, so until I see different I like the depth from today.

We are still light one d man but it's only July 1. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

Reunite Petey and Brock?

I'm not opposed to trying to go back to one hugely powerful line to take the other teams heat. Like the sedins and burrows.

Woukd be nice to have a Miller, Boeser and Debrusk line as a #1 line that gets all the attention. Then maybe Petey, Heinen and Hogz. Let them find some chemistry, and then look for a trade for a better winger if it's not working

• ThereItIs 1