[Signing] Canucks Sign Kiefer Sherwood (2 years x $1.5 Million)

6 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Really excited to see this guy play. Everything you read sounds like a much needed spark plug in the bottom 6.

Lafferty was a great skater with size & he chipped in his share of goals but his intensity waivered big time. Hopefully Sherwood is an upgrade. 

His Hits total certainly suggests so... Liked his interview on Canucks.com... All about the team, intensity and working hard... swerved a few traps set up as well...

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Does he kill penalties too?  I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere.

Last year was the most time he's ever played on the PK in a single season, but he only averaged 20 seconds per game on the PK. Wouldn't be surprised if he sees more time on the PK here.

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

If anything, I think that is a positive, coz he fought to get there, and has more potential to climb, and perhaps more to prove....whereas others who have shown their "best hands" for years may not be as motivated or hungry, and may stall or even regress in their performance...and he's still much better than Lafferty, who signed for $2M 😍

Not sure what Chicago saw in Lafferty for 2m he was a 1-1.5 player max and for Sherwood he should of been the one having 2m a year this guy is a steal at 1.5.

Now we have 3 guys dishing over 200 hits per year along side with JT Miller and Joshua. This will be fun to watch like everyone is saying!! We much needed this to bring more energy and hits into the game!! Garland and Hoggy used to do this but it is tough to do this on a consistent basis standing under 5ft 8inches. 

On 7/1/2024 at 12:37 PM, Northern_Nuck said:

He’s an agitator, but if we have him and Garland we better add toughness lol. 

On 7/1/2024 at 12:35 PM, Drakrami said:

That's good, we need some grittiness to our 4th line. No more just Aman, Di Giuseppe. With that said, I didnt notice Sherwood in our playoff series. 

Hughes certainly did! he's an animal.....

19 hours ago, HKSR said:

Joshua with 245 hits last season.

Sherwood with 234 hits.

JT Miller with 217.

All 3 in the top 25 most hits in the NHL last year.  I like.

Crazy that Josh did that while missing 1/4 season.

• Cheers 1

On 7/2/2024 at 3:32 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Upgrade on Aman

Totally!!! but too bad Sherwood doesn't play much C..... just saw his fight against Tage Thompson on Mar. 21, 2023... crazy man!!! Tage is so much bigger but Sherwood won the fight in seconds.... Sherwood reminds me of Dorsett but with even more skills!!!

I honestly think we are just 2 more pieces away from being a legit contender.... we need a Ryan Kesler type centre for our 3rd line plus a puck-moving RHD...... but how to find cap space for these??? that's for Ruthie and Allvin to figure out!!!!

• Cheers 1

Guarantee he’s tried with Petey. He’s a perfect winger for him. 

Debrusk-Pettersson-Sherwood

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Hoglander-Blueger-Podz/PDG

Sherwood and Hoglander can swap places. 

• Like 4

On 7/1/2024 at 9:36 AM, Déjà Vu said:

Jake DeBrusk Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

hes mainly a 20-25g scorer, with 2 season with 27 , dont think so

Other than Pasternak, the Bruins don't have the big goalscorers.  The season before, Jake was

2nd in scoring with 27g in 64 games.  I expect his offensive game will look even better alongside EP.

Besides, he had the best offensive #s on the Bruins in the playoffs and 2nd best the year before, so

he can elevate his game for the playoffs.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2024 at 3:49 AM, spook007 said:

He's a LW.... The RW will be Lekkerimakis (once he is ready)...

Well, Höglander is also LW. Who's playing RW beside Petey? 

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Other than Pasternak, the Bruins don't have the big goalscorers.  The season before, Jake was

2nd in scoring with 27g in 64 games.  I expect his offensive game will look even better alongside EP.

Besides, he had the best offensive #s on the Bruins in the playoffs and 2nd best the year before, so

he can elevate his game for the playoffs.

This is good news for the postseason. I am willing to bet that Debrusk is going to have a breakout season this upcoming year. Close to cracking 30 goals, twice, I think he finally breaks through this season with Petey as his centreman. Canucks had 1 40 goal scorer (Brock), 2 30 goal scorers (JT, Petey), 2 20 goal scorers (Höglander, Garland, and if Joshua didn't get injured, I think he gets to 20 goals as well), and then you have the tweener goal scorers -Suter, and Hughes (14, and 17 respectively). So the Canucks have more offensive pop. Debrusk will be surrounded by goal scorers all throughout the line up. So him scoring 30 goals is a very real possibility. 

The concern with him of course is, consistency. I'm curious, but how does a player work on that? And why hasn't Debrusk been able to become more consistent in his time in Boston?  

14 hours ago, RakuRaku said:

Totally!!! but too bad Sherwood doesn't play much C..... just saw his fight against Tage Thompson on Mar. 21, 2023... crazy man!!! Tage is so much bigger but Sherwood won the fight in seconds.... Sherwood reminds me of Dorsett but with even more skills!!!

I honestly think we are just 2 more pieces away from being a legit contender.... we need a Ryan Kesler type centre for our 3rd line plus a puck-moving RHD...... but how to find cap space for these??? that's for Ruthie and Allvin to figure out!!!!

We need these guys for the playoffs.  There's absolutely a safer environment for our stars.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1