[Signing] Canucks Sign Kiefer Sherwood (2 years x $1.5 Million)

Posted (edited)

Hmmmm...What other "special things" did they say are brewing Keifer?

Did Allvin or Rutherford let you in on their master plan?..... C'mon Kid spill the beans! 

At any point, did you hear the words "Crosby" or "TDL"? ..... perhaps even in the same sentence? 

Inquiring minds wanna know.  LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix

4 hours ago, JamesB said:

Personally, I would prefer a nice house in Vancouver to a mansion in Edmonton or Tampa.

But, that said, high taxes definitely hurt Vancouver in the free agent market.

I've lived all across Canada and abroad. I find if you're in your house it doesn't really matter that much what the outside looks like. It's how you live your life that matters most. There is beauty everywhere. I would think if you're rich things are nice wherever unless you like to live it up on the town. Then obviously big markets like New York or California probably have a lot more to offer.

We played against Nashville during the playoffs and for some reason I didn't even notice him at all. But good to hear that he is an agitator...love those types of players to stir the pot and pissed the other team off so we can get a power player!! We need a Alex Burrow replacement haha!!!

6 hours ago, Déjà Vu said:

fair enough, but pray he can help EP40, that was the main issue in the playoffs, and what i wanted rectified this comming FA

The problem in the playoffs was Pettersson’s inability to help anyone else, in fact, his inability to help anyone after January. Eleven + million dollar players are supposed to make his line mates look good, not the other way round, or else the wrong guy is getting the big bucks.

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

The problem in the playoffs was Pettersson’s inability to help anyone else, in fact, his inability to help anyone after January. Eleven + million dollar players are supposed to make his line mates look good, not the other way round, or else the wrong guy is getting the big bucks.

Fans banging on this drum. I get it. I'd like to see if he disappears just like he did last year, then something is definitely wrong. Might have signed a bad contract. But I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's too good, and too talented to just disappear like he did this past season. As a fan, I'm hoping he rises to the occasion, and does better this coming season, as he now has experience moving forward. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I've lived all across Canada and abroad. I find if you're in your house it doesn't really matter that much what the outside looks like. It's how you live your life that matters most. There is beauty everywhere. I would think if you're rich things are nice wherever unless you like to live it up on the town. Then obviously big markets like New York or California probably have a lot more to offer.

Yes,but there you are nobody.Here you are somebody or ass hole.

• Upvote 1

After having some time to sit and stew about this signing. Still love it. Lol. I think that's why this has the fewest pages of the bigger name signings. Smith and Patera are whatever, no offence by they likely don't suit up much for the big club barring insane bad injury luck. There's nothing to hate with Sherwood. He's gonna make it hard on the opposing team's defenders on the forecheck. We were ass on the forecheck in the playoffs.

The biggest take away is we are still going to be hard to play against even with Zads on the way out. Forbert, Desharnais, and Sherwood are tough cookies. The biggest question mark will be what kind of level can our 2nd line play at. I love the 3rd line, I love the top line, especially if Heinen ends up there. And the 4th line with Podz maybe Suter and Sherwood looks good all around. Team looks solid. Credit where it's due. I am harder on management than most, but can't really hate the work done as of now. We'll see how they look throughout the year but I am optimistic.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

After having some time to sit and stew about this signing. Still love it. Lol. I think that's why this has the fewest pages of the bigger name signings. Smith and Patera are whatever, no offence by they likely don't suit up much for the big club barring insane bad injury luck. There's nothing to hate with Sherwood. He's gonna make it hard on the opposing team's defenders on the forecheck. We were ass on the forecheck in the playoffs.

The biggest take away is we are still going to be hard to play against even with Zads on the way out. Forbert, Desharnais, and Sherwood are tough cookies. The biggest question mark will be what kind of level can our 2nd line play at. I love the 3rd line, I love the top line, especially if Heinen ends up there. And the 4th line with Podz maybe Suter and Sherwood looks good all around. Team looks solid. Credit where it's due. I am harder on management than most, but can't really hate the work done as of now. We'll see how they look throughout the year but I am optimistic.

Agreed. End of the day, teams only win if they have young guys step up. IMHO, mgmt has created solid depth (energy, upside, youth, flexibility, etc) and now it is on the core and young Canucks to step up...internal growth has to happen for the team to win. No UFA will do that.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Love this signing even more, this guy is a culture carrier, and these guys bring it, in the room and out on the ice. Shrewd piece of work by PA et al, very pleased with today's acquisitions

2 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Does he use a Sherwood stick? 😂 

As long as it's not the 5030 stick, as popular as it was, I used to break them every game back in the day, so I can imagine how the pro's went through them haha

Edited by Sophomore Jinx
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Crimson JH said:

Does he use a Sherwood stick? 😂 

1 minute ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

As long as it's not the 5030 stick, as popular as it was, I used to break them every game back in the day, so I can imagine how the pro's went through them haha

I think the more important question is: do any of the other players use Sherwood sticks?  If so, it could get messy when he breaks his stick and the trainer grabs the first "Sherwood" he sees (instead of checking the fine print)... :classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

Love this signing even more, this guy is a culture carrier, and these guys bring it, in the room and out on the ice. Shrewd piece of work by PA et al, very pleased with today's acquisitions

Although the only thing that is slightly concerning was that he wasn't a full time NHLer until this past season. But otherwise very shrewd. 

7 minutes ago, NHLer said:

Although the only thing that is slightly concerning was that he wasn't a full time NHLer until this past season. But otherwise very shrewd. 

If anything, I think that is a positive, coz he fought to get there, and has more potential to climb, and perhaps more to prove....whereas others who have shown their "best hands" for years may not be as motivated or hungry, and may stall or even regress in their performance...and he's still much better than Lafferty, who signed for $2M 😍

• Upvote 1