[Signing] Canucks Sign Kiefer Sherwood (2 years x $1.5 Million)

7 hours ago, zduck14 said:

I think the perfect fit there would be Vatrano. Anaheim is a couple years away from playoff hockey and Vatrano is on a great but expiring contract. 

Debrusk-Petey-Vatrano

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland 

Heinen-Suter-Sherwood

Sprong

I actually think Hoglander is going to have a big year. He seemed to understand the defensive side of the game more and more last year which will earn the coaches trust giving him top 6 minutes. I could see 30 goals (only 6 more than last year) from him especially in a contract year.

You (still) have Sprong as the 13th forward 😂

He will be in the top 6, as for Hogz we'll have to see 

17 hours ago, Provost said:

The assortment of Baertschi’s (I forget what the actual joke saying about that was) will all get auditions.

We have a bunch of 3rd and 4th liners we hope can take a big step.

A contending lineup keeps them where they should be and not playing higher than they should except for injury relief.

Debrusk-Petterson-XX

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Sherwood-Blueger-Sprong/Hoglander

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-XX

Forbort-Myers

Juulsen-Desharnais

If we don’t intend on trading Garland and using a cheaper guy in his spot, then I really think we need to try him for a good stretch in the top six.

For me, we should start with:

Debrusk-Petterson-Boeser

Heinen-Miller-Garland

Joshua-Suter-Sprong

Sherwood-Blueger-Hoglander

PDG

Swap Garland and Sprong but otherwise I like those lines. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Swap Garland and Sprong but otherwise I like those lines. 

He has averaged under 12 minutes a game over his entire NHL career and that spans 9 years bouncing between the AHL and NHL.

An expectation of him suddenly becoming a top six player except in emergencies is optimistic to the point of fantasy in my books.

I hope the pro scouts have unearthed at least one guy with untapped potential… but until that is proven I will assume they are the players they have been their entire careers.  These aren’t rookies, they are journeymen who have had a lot of kicks at the can over many seasons.

I genuinely hope our stellar coaching staff can pull off miracles, that they all score 20+ goals and 50+ points giving us incredible depth, secondary scoring, and I am proven woefully wrong.

4 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

You (still) have Sprong as the 13th forward 😂

He will be in the top 6, as for Hogz we'll have to see 

Hogs defensive game is better than Sprongs which gives him the trust of the coaches. I like Sprong but if Hoglander puts up 30 goals (which I think he will) he's not coming out for Sprong. Not a chance any of those other top 6 guys are sitting out for Sprong... The 3rd line is too good to replace one of them with Sprong and the 4th line wingers are too valuable in a shutdown/pk role.

I think Sprong starts on the Petey line but if there's a guy like Vatrano available, then it's Sprongs spot that he would fill in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, zduck14 said:

Hogs defensive game is better than Sprongs which gives him the trust of the coaches. I like Sprong but if Hoglander puts up 30 goals (which I think he will) he's not coming out for Sprong. Not a chance any of those other top 6 guys are sitting out for Sprong... The 3rd line is too good to replace one of them with Sprong and the 4th line wingers are too valuable in a shutdown/pk role.

I think Sprong starts on the Petey line but if there's a guy like Vatrano available, then it's Sprongs spot that he would fill in my opinion. 

IMO the coach will trust Sprong's game more than he does Hogz', but we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out

9 hours ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

IMO the coach will trust Sprong's game more than he does Hogz', but we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out

That could be, yes. Either way, the fact that we're talking about potentially having a 20+ goal scorer as the 13th forward is insane depth though. Pretty exciting time to be a Canuck fan.