[Signing] Canucks sign Heinen

I’d be pretty certain that Lekkerimaki will be with the team next year.  Whether it’s out of camp or at Xmas,  I don’t see them not giving him a chance in his D3 season.  I get he may not be fully developed or have his 200ft game rounded out,  but he will be a legit scoring threat for us.  

If he can do that,  our forward group could be scary good and as deep as I can remember. 

Stoked on these forward signings.  Our group is gonna suck to play against.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, BCNate said:

I’d be pretty certain that Lekkerimaki will be with the team next year.  Whether it’s out of camp or at Xmas,  I don’t see them not giving him a chance in his D3 season.  I get he may not be fully developed or have his 200ft game rounded out,  but he will be a legit scoring threat for us.  

If he can do that,  our forward group could be scary good and as deep as I can remember. 

Stoked on these forward signings.  Our group is gonna suck to play against.

He hasn't really played a full season in the AHL. Could definitely see him doing that. 

Tocchet would need to see enough of a 200' game or he'd be in the doghouse. 

Unless he scores at a pace that makes him look past it but he'd have to be tearing up the AHL probably before that. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He hasn't really played a full season in the AHL. Could definitely see him doing that. 

Tocchet would need to see enough of a 200' game or he'd be in the doghouse. 

Unless he scores at a pace that makes him look past it but he'd have to be tearing up the AHL probably before that. 

Sending him down to Abby is the right move. He probably needs a year there before even being considered to be on the roster. If he surprises at training camp, though, well, stranger things have happened. I'd be ecstatic if he made the team right out of camp, but I'm not expecting that to happen. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Sending him down to Abby is the right move. He probably needs a year there before even being considered to be on the roster. If he surprises at training camp, though, well, stranger things have happened. I'd be ecstatic if he made the team right out of camp, but I'm not expecting that to happen. 

Same. With Tocchet he'd have to really impress.

If he does top 6 looks nice. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Thanks God he is on our team now.  Petey and Huggy don't need to be worried anymore...

Jeez when was this game? 

Petey's skating looked terrible there... I hope that was second half where he might have been injured otherwise that's not a good look

Edited by CanucksJay

18 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Honestly, I think Allvin and Rutherford is set on the forward lines. 

DeBrusk is going to play with Petey and Höglander, or Miller and Brock. 

Bottom six I think is pretty much set as well. 

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

Debrusk - Petey - Höglander 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

PDG - Aman/Suter - Podkolzin/Karlsson?

Defense for now is: 

Hughes - Hronek

Soucy - Myers (this is a bad idea to be playing him in a top four role)

Desharnais - Forbort? (this pairing looks really slow)

I think it will be more like:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Pete-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Desharnais

Forbort-Myers

Friedman, Juulsen

I can't imagine they'd have two big, slow defender in Desharnais and Forbort in a pairing together, it's likely they are split. I think when we're desperate in the 3rd they rejoin Soucy-Myers and limit the use of the third pairing. 

• Like 1

I love these 2 bruins fwd we just signed, both can play on all 3 fwd lines and pkers, I can really see them doing well with play drivers like Miller, Petey and on the 3rd line with Garland.  2 quality players for the price of lindholm, Debrusk himself may outplay Lindholm during this contract.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Pete-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Desharnais

Forbort-Myers

Friedman, Juulsen

I can't imagine they'd have two big, slow defender in Desharnais and Forbort in a pairing together, it's likely they are split. I think when we're desperate in the 3rd they rejoin Soucy-Myers and limit the use of the third pairing. 

Well balance team that our top 3 LW can change on any lines, all pker and forecheckers with good speed to retrieve pucks.  This is going to be a special year save the cap for when season starts or midway will get a top 4 dman that's young alittle cheaper with a few years terms.  I think LD is the position we need with Willander maybe 1 year away our defense can look very good.

Hughes Hronek

Top 4   Myers

Soucy Willander/Mcward

43 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Pete-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Desharnais

Forbort-Myers

Friedman, Juulsen

I like our depth and size on D.  I am pretty certain that the next piece we add will be a puck mover for the 2nd pair, that may come after opening day though.  Having Forbort, Desharnais, Friedman, Juulsen as our 6-9 D looks very good, I'd imagine they tag off quite a bit, as I'm sure all can play well for shorter stretches of games.

53 minutes ago, AK-19 said:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Debrusk-Pete-Hoglander

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin

Aman

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-Desharnais

Forbort-Myers

Friedman, Juulsen

Terrified of Desharnais playing top-4 minutes for us. 

We have some cap room, i have to hope the plan is to shake a top-4 RD loose somewhere

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

2.2M for a 17 goal scoring PKer is a steal in today's NHL and you know he's going to end up playing most of the year on our top line and drop 20+. I always liked him, thought he scored big goals and had good wheels so happy with the pickup.

You can tell management wanted us to flesh out our wingers this off-season. I would have stuck to our guns of good center and defensive depth over wingers but here we are.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

2.2M for a 17 goal scoring PKer is a steal in today's NHL and you know he's going to end up playing most of the year on our top line and drop 20+. I always liked him, thought he scored big goals and had good wheels so happy with the pickup.

You can tell management wanted us to flesh out our wingers this off-season. I would have stuck to our guns of good center and defensive depth over wingers but here we are.

Its going to be an impressive 4 line attack

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Jeez when was this game? 

Petey's skating looked terrible there... I hope that was second half where he might have been injured otherwise that's not a good look

This game was Feb 8, 2024. A few days after our All-Stars departed Toronto.

It is nice to have Heinen's shorthanded prowess on our team now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

20 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Terrified of Desharnais playing top-4 minutes for us. 

We have some cap room, i have to hope the plan is to shake a top-4 RD loose somewhere

I would think a Trade for a Top 4 LHD will occur between now and Xmas. I say LHD as that should be cheaper than RHD, and we seem to have a few promising RHD is the system.

Desharnais is NOT a top 4 Dman, and the ripple effect of not having that #2 LHD  is felt through the lineup. You trade for one, and all of a sudden Soucy can move back to the 3rd pair with Des and Myers can play up. If the the player they nab is a better skill player than Zad (maybe not as physical though), we are probably better off with Forbort, Des, and Juulsen being able to splice in.

• Like 1