[Signing] Canucks sign Heinen

Just now, DexM94 said:

and i hope so, i really like both of them.

Me too. 

I remember last year, I was like what the hell is a teddy bleuger and a Pius Suter... 

All the low key signings last year worked out. 

Let's hope for the same this year. 

I like Heinen the best out of the signings 

I liked the competitive fire Sherwood played with (def RT type of guy) 

I liked forburt as a bottom pairing guy during his LA years. 

I have no idea how he is now. 

DeBrusk sounds like an enigma

4 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

22-23' : 79 gp 35g 37a 82p +15
a ppg+ player isn't a top tiers in this league? 

Not the way he plays. You cherry picked the one year of his career that he was convinced to play a 200ft game. 
You will notice what his +/- looks like every other season which is why you only posted the one. 
He is a complimentary goal scorer that no longer has the wheels he used to. He is soft and disengaged in all aspects of the game that aren’t shooting the puck. 
He can rip the puck still but would be a massive statement in the faith of our coaching staff to sign this guy. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Provost said:

They are solid players, they just need to be in the right spots in the lineup and not playing too high up.

Debrusk-Petterson-XX

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Bleuger-Garland

Sherwood-Suter-Podkolzin 

If you had a top line winger that doesn’t look too bad.  If you have Hoglander, or try to move another guy father up it starts looking rough.

Debrusk should ideally be on a 2nd line and Heinen on a 3rd line.  They have to take another step just to make it in these spots.

Our defence is worse unless we find another guy… maybe someone like Dumba is still on the board.

Debrusk while not a guarantee I feel like he has the potential to take a step playing with Pettersson, his good shot and really good skating should put him in a spot to score a

lot playing with Pettersson. 

looking at that lineup I feel like Hoglander is somewhat expendable and could be a trade piece to upgrade either on RW or defence. 

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

Debrusk while not a guarantee I feel like he has the potential to take a step playing with Pettersson, his good shot and really good skating should put him in a spot to score a

lot playing with Pettersson. 

looking at that lineup I feel like Hoglander is somewhat expendable and could be a trade piece to upgrade either on RW or defence. 

Ya, if there is another legit top line winger signed to go with Debrusk and Petterson I buy that line as having the chance to be good.  With Hoglander patrolling the other wing it just isn’t good enough in my books.

It seems inconceivable, but maybe in the secondary trade market Garland could actually move with a higher value after a good season.

Heinen is a 3rd liner for less money.  If you moved Garland+Hoglander and added a more talented guy like Necas that makes the roster stronger.

Debrusk-Petterson-Necas

Podkolzin -Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Heinen

Sherwood-Suter-Karlsson

PDG

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Ya, if there is another legit top line winger signed to go with Debrusk and Petterson I buy that line as having the chance to be good.  With Hoglander patrolling the other wing it just isn’t good enough in my books.

It seems inconceivable, but maybe in the secondary trade market Garland could actually move with a higher value after a good season.

Heinen is a 3rd liner for less money.  If you moved Garland+Hoglander and added a more talented guy like Necas that makes the roster stronger.

Debrusk-Petterson-Necas

Podkolzin -Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Heinen

Sherwood-Suter-Karlsson

PDG

Just a question... asked in the Sherwood thread as well

would the below be out of the question?

Would Garland and Joshua be good enough to flank Petey?

Joshua - Petey - Garland

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser

Heinen - Bluger - Hogs

Sherwood - Suter - Pods/ MDG 

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Debrusk-Petterson-Necas

Podkolzin -Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Heinen

Sherwood-Suter-Karlsson

PDG

We got Necas too today????

20 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

name the others ?

Garland, Hoglander, Petterson, miller, Boeser, debrusk. 

Heinen is middle six, so is Joshua. We could use one more winger but we’re not dying. 

22 minutes ago, Blue said:

Speed and 17 goals. This feels like a good sleeper pick. Like Suter and Bleuger last year 

He’s literally what we expected from mik at the proper price and a local kid

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

What are GMs thinking giving 30 year olds 7-8 year deals. Almost every player peaks and plateaus by 32. These deals are going to be buyout fodder in years to come. Is that why they are all so signing bonus heavy?

1 hour ago, Provost said:

No he can’t… Heinen has averaged 10-14 minutes a game in most of his career.  If he is in our top six, that is like putting Lafferty there.

Debrusk will probably go with Petterson but that isn’t adding a real top line guy.

The option was to either go all in on Guentzel (7 x $9.0) because he was the only top line free agent under 30.  Those over 30 got term.  Stamkos (34) got 4 years and Marchessault (33) got 5 years which is risky.  Or, to sign a middle of the road forward who puts up 20-25 goals.  As I see it, the options were Debrusk (27) or Toffoli (32) and to be able to do more with the rest of the line up.

I like the depth up front.  They're still light in the top 6 and short with the right side D but over all, I think Allvin did pretty good.

Just now, Pickly said:

Canucks need one more top 6 winger and another D. Wonder if they make a trade this summer to address it especially the winger. 

it's either that or they're going to have to have about 12 guys fight to the death for 7 forward spots. 

2 minutes ago, tas said:

it's either that or they're going to have to have about 12 guys fight to the death for 7 forward spots. 

No I think they’ll pursue a legit top 6 winger. They are in go for it now mode. Can’t have try outs for a top 6 role for a contending team. Necas would be a great candidate for Peteys wing but apparently his asking price is ludicrous. 

Just now, Pickly said:

No I think they’ll pursue a legit top 6 winger. They are in go for it now mode. Can’t have try outs for a top 6 role for a contending team. Necas would be a great candidate for Peteys wing but apparently his asking price is ludicrous. 

my point is that they have too many bodies. a couple guys have to go.