Jake DeBrusk | #74 | LW

Jess

I like the risk here with Debrusk. Yeah the term is significant, but he's shown he is a consistent 20 goal guy and twice has been on pace for over 30. 

Definitely gotta play the first 10-15 games with Petey. We really gotta get these two going together, because Petey desperately needs some solid wingers. I could see a Debrusk/Petey/Hoglander line being a strong offensive attacking line who can cover their defensive responsibilities well enough. 

• Cheers 1

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Joshua - Suter - Hoglander

Podkolzin - Blueger - Sherwood

Aman

Recently saw a rumour saying Hoglander could be the winger that is traded to upgrade the D, but rumours aren't usually true.  Hoglander is only making $1.1, not enough to bring back a quality D, and he's young and full of potential. My guess is they trade Garland's $4.95.

Hughes - Hronek

? - Myers

Soucy - Desharnais

Forbort - Juulsen

Brisebois - Friedman

19 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Heinen - Miller - Boeser

DeBrusk - Pettersson - Sprong

Joshua - Suter - Hoglander

Podkolzin - Blueger - Sherwood

Aman

Recently saw a rumour saying Hoglander could be the winger that is traded to upgrade the D, but rumours aren't usually true.  Hoglander is only making $1.1, not enough to bring back a quality D, and he's young and full of potential. My guess is they trade Garland's $4.95.

Hughes - Hronek

? - Myers

Soucy - Desharnais

Forbort - Juulsen

Brisebois - Friedman

Two smaller players who both drive play. Hogs 24 even strength goals could tell the tale. That and the CAP differential. Garland had such a good season last year and his market value is there. Combine that with his demonstrated ability for team building. It would hurt losing him but the need for another top 4 RD is high. 

Forward Jake DeBrusk on his previous trade requests from the Boston Bruins.

“Yeah well, I think I actually asked for one earlier. I asked for one the summer. Just with,  just with the kind of the way the team was shaping up when it came to just where I was looking where I could possibly play, the lineup and things like that, and kind of how the year ended.

And, you know, I got scratched in the playoffs and I just thought you know, it’s time for maybe just a fresh start for both sides. You know, obviously I’m speaking for myself, but that’s kind of my thoughts going in the summer.

There’s nothing against the city of Boston. I love Boston. Boston’s a great city. Got so many things going on. People always treated me so good there.

And, you know, at that point, I just, I just made the call just to try to get it moving forward. I didn’t think they’re taking it serious. And I thought that at that point, I was just waiting for my career. At that point. I was just like, you know, I think that I can add more than what is happening here. I didn’t see anything changing in a sense for my own game. My game was getting worse. I was thinking about 10 different things.

And you know, when it came out, it was very uncomfortable. It was very uncomfortable going to the rink the next day, I talked to the guys in the room, you know, and it was in, the guys that were there were the biggest reason why I got out of that situation, that side of things, you know, they had my back They were with me through it all.

And they’re all good with me, you know, they understood why, in the room, they knew it was just me trying to find a better fit for my career to have a longer NHL career and a better, you know, fair, far, chance at something.

And, you know, I, it was one of the things I didn’t want to play bad in this time either because I didn’t want to, I wanted them to get something back in return that was respectable as well. Because I know when you go public with something like that it just tanks your value. So it wasn’t anything against the team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2024 at 1:05 AM, Pure961089 said:

An Introduction into Jake DeBrusk and what kind of impact he can have

I love this guy's take on Debrusk. And how impact players rise up in the playoffs.

Debrusk was Boston's version of Vancouver's Boeser. Miller has a Brock, Petey needs a Jake.

I want this guy to talk about Cap space and contracts next LOL

• Like 1