Kiefer Sherwood | #44 | RW

Jess

Quick research notes:

- 29 years old and was a fringe NHLer until recently with the Predators

- Can probably expect 25-30 points in a bottom six role

- Average build

- Highest +/- of any Predator forward in the past two years with +21 total

- Is a winger, but has a surprisingly high career face-off percentage at 51.6% (64 career draws)

- Despite average size, hits constantly--highest hit frequency of any Predator forward over the past two years

- Relatively low block frequency

- Shockingly positive takeaway-to-giveaway ratio given his high hit frequency

- Also has good possession metrics at 50.5% Corsi with 48.9% OZ% over past two years

- Takes more penalties than he draws, but only by a little

- 5 major penalties last year, 4 fights

- Tiny bit of use on PK, but not a regular

- Used as a backup PP player, but not overly great results

- 0 career shootout attempts

I don't know Sherwood well, but the stats imply he's a puck possession machine who's not afraid to drop the gloves, despite being an average size. Likely a pain in the ass kind of player.

• Cheers 2

17 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Quick research notes:

- 29 years old and was a fringe NHLer until recently with the Predators

- Can probably expect 25-30 points in a bottom six role

- Average build

- Highest +/- of any Predator forward in the past two years with +21 total

- Is a winger, but has a surprisingly high career face-off percentage at 51.6% (64 career draws)

- Despite average size, hits constantly--highest hit frequency of any Predator forward over the past two years

- Relatively low block frequency

- Shockingly positive takeaway-to-giveaway ratio given his high hit frequency

- Also has good possession metrics at 50.5% Corsi with 48.9% OZ% over past two years

- Takes more penalties than he draws, but only by a little

- 5 major penalties last year, 4 fights

- Tiny bit of use on PK, but not a regular

- Used as a backup PP player, but not overly great results

- 0 career shootout attempts

I don't know Sherwood well, but the stats imply he's a puck possession machine who's not afraid to drop the gloves, despite being an average size. Likely a pain in the ass kind of player.

Sounds like our new Dorsett, La Pierre style player.... me like...

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Sounds like our new Dorsett, La Pierre style player.... me like...

Ignore the d-core for now and consider the bang bang of Joshua and Sherwood. The Canucks got a lot tougher yesterday. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Ignore the d-core for now and consider the bang bang of Joshua and Sherwood. The Canucks got a lot tougher yesterday. 

Definitely players not holding back from the dirty areas... Like the Heinen and DeBrusk as well...

We will have compete throughout the line up now... and yes definitely tougher...

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Makes me wonder if a Garland trade could be in the works

Joshua - Blueger - Sherwood

Heinen - Suter - Podkolzin

IMO, Garland's offensive potential is significantly higher than Sherwood's. Garland has top 6 potential in him and has shown that level in the past. Sherwood is, at best, a 3rd liner.

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Makes me wonder if a Garland trade could be in the works

Joshua - Blueger - Sherwood

Heinen - Suter - Podkolzin

Too 1 dimensional 5v5 maybe on the PK. I think they will balance it and have a skill guy and a forechecker on each line. 

Heinen Miller Brock

DeBrusk Pete Hog

Dak Blueger Garland

Sherwood Suter PDG 4th and PK

Possibly a Hoglander deal if Lekkerimaki starts tearing up the A

I am going to make a bold prediction and say that Sherwood will be to us what Tom Wilson is to the Capitals 

I think when playing with skill guys he will help create time and space and be able to find ways to produce offence 

I see him as the perfect winger for Pettersson with either Hoglander or Lekkerimaki on the other wing 

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Sherwood Petey Hoglander

Joshua Blueger Garland

Heinen Suter Podkolzin / Karlsson 

• Jess changed the title to Kiefer Sherwood | #44 | RW
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thoughts on signing with the Canucks .... (from Canucks Army)

“When they came calling, you know, maybe it was a little bit of a surprise at first, just from being so ingrained to hating them, but when you look at it from afar and do your research, it’s like I said, there’s a lot of stuff that’s pointing in the right direction, and I’m just excited to be part of it and just put my head down and get to work.”

On his early impressions from the group:

“I look at the pace and competitiveness going in, and I think it’s a hungry group. That’s a good sign, especially with a little taste last year… you get a little taste of that and being so close, and then you see the other team [Edmonton] that went as far as they did. So obviously the team, there’s a lot of good to build on. And, like I said, just the eagerness to start camp and get going.

“I mean, there’s a lot of a lot of high-end guys here. The team can hurt you in a lot of different ways, and I think a lot of guys had really good years last year. You know, I looked at just different things. The group has a lot of difference makers, so I’ll just try to fit in and just be hard to play against. Whether that’s putting it in the net or wearing other guys down, I think there’s a lot of good stuff starting here.”

• Like 1