Kiefer Sherwood | #44 | RW

Jess

17 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Man, I can't wait till Joshua is back!!!! Then we could have 2 guys running around hitting anything that moves!!!!

They should have an internal competition between them. Both wager $5K for most hits at season's end. :classic_smile:

Edited by Chickenspear

13 hours ago, Chickenspear said:

They should have an internal competition between them. Both wager $5K for most hits at season's end. :classic_smile:

They should have added that to their new contract. Get an extra $200K for being the top hitter on the team and get $400K bonus for being the top hitter in the NHL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RolexSub said:

They should have added that to their new contract. Get an extra $200K for being the top hitter on the team and get $400K bonus for being the top hitter in the NHL. 

That would be interesting for sure.

Although as much as I like hitting, I do appreciate quality over quantity sometimes. Hopefully we start seeing some bigger hits at key times to change the flow of the game.

Sherwood has been great though for sure

19 hours ago, JayDangles said:

That would be interesting for sure.

Although as much as I like hitting, I do appreciate quality over quantity sometimes. Hopefully we start seeing some bigger hits at key times to change the flow of the game.

Sherwood has been great though for sure

Sherwood's rate of hitting has to register with opposing d-men. When he is on the ice it has to speed up their decision making. That leds to mistakes. Sherwood not only makes the hits but recovers his share of pucks. Very excited to see him and Joshua in the lineup. Both have good speed and like to hit. 

• Like 1

Anyone see this?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-derek-dorsett-knows-agitating-effective-kiefer-sherwood-is-missing-link

That's a great endorsement from a much beloved Canuck who's career got cut short. I loved Derek Dorsett when he played for us. Can't have enough guys like him on your team!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sativika said:

Anyone see this?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-derek-dorsett-knows-agitating-effective-kiefer-sherwood-is-missing-link

That's a great endorsement from a much beloved Canuck who's career got cut short. I loved Derek Dorsett when he played for us. Can't have enough guys like him on your team!

You always need at least 1 guy that hits and agitates the other team to get them to take stupid penalties so you can capitalize on the PP. We have Garland and Hoggy that plays that way as well sometimes.