[Signing] Stephenson to Seattle

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

That's a big contract for a 30 year old who never cracked 50 points, even on a stacked team.

Lolwut

His point totals the last three seasons were 64, 65, and 51

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Makes me.like the DeBrusk contract more

This.  I don't love the DeBrusk contract, but willing to give it an open mind once they start playing games.  At these terms and AAV, I'll take DeBrusk over Stephenson.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

He's an incredible defensive forward. Could be a good deal. Should get more Selke attention than he does.

8 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

I have a hard time seeing them below 3 teams in the Pacific.. 

Screenshot_20240701-110211.png

The kraken got much better today and in the central Nashville got waaaaay better.

If they fall out of the top 3, it's going to be tough to get a WC spot, imo.  That said, they can still make trades. 

16 minutes ago, stawns said:

The kraken got much better today and in the central Nashville got waaaaay better.

If they fall out of the top 3, it's going to be tough to get a WC spot, imo.  That said, they can still make trades. 

Maybe. Canucks didn't get worse by any means and won the division last season. I can see Edmonton and Vegas over Canucks next season but I see them top 3 at the very least.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Maybe. Canucks didn't get worse by any means and won the division last season. I can see Edmonton and Vegas over Canucks next season but I see them top 3 at the very least.

Right now, I think the Canucks roster is not as strong as last year

Edited by stawns
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

Right now, I think the Canucks roster is not as strong as last year

Yea as much as there's a lot of optimism that Debrusk will click on our top 6, losing Lindholm and Zadorov hurt. I'm saying this without knowing how our other depth signings will work out, but at least on paper I don't see us as a better team compare to yesterday. We have a bit of a cap room so let's see what PA and JR will do in December.