NHL reinstates living garbage ex-Blackhawks

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

I'm not surprised they'd sneak the news in on the busiest day of the year.

But I am surprised they'd bring them back at all. It's not like it was McDavid who was suspended, and bringing him back means a lot more revenue (not that that would be ok, but at least makes financial sense).

These abominations wouldn't bring in more revenue -- if anything they'll provide a net loss from turning off fans from the game.

Hopefully teams snub them, but if nothing else someone will probably take a flyer on Q eventually. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hopefully teams snub them, but if nothing else someone will probably take a flyer on Q eventually. 

I agree that's likely what happens sadly. Bowman's moves towards the end of his tenure were quite bad, that no team would likely want him in a GM role. He might be considered for another role in management though.

Q probably comes back to some desperate team in similar fashion to CBJ hiring Babcock, and it'll blow up in their faces.

Edited by Master Mind

3 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I agree that's likely what happens sadly. Bowman's moves towards the end of his tenure were quite bad, that no team would likely want him in a GM role. He might be considered for another role in management though.

Q probably comes back to some desperate team in similar fashion to CBJ hiring Babcock, and it'll blow up in their faces.

Maybe as an advisor or something, but I guess he's still quite young for a management guy so never say never.. 

Yeaaaaah, I wish Q would have just fucked off into retirement. Like he's almost 66, he's made his money, he's won his cups.. just go. 

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe as an advisor or something, but I guess he's still quite young for a management guy so never say never.. 

Yeaaaaah, I wish Q would have just fucked off into retirement. Like he's almost 66, he's made his money, he's won his cups.. just go. 

The respectful thing to do would be to ride off into the sunset with all that success under your belt.

Too bad we know he's anything but respectful.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

The respectful thing to do would be to ride off into the sunset with all that success under your belt.

Too bad we know he's anything but respectful.

Yeaaaaah, he's already had a lot of time in hockey. Just enjoy your millions, spend time with your family, travel, take up golf or something.. 

Posted (edited)

So far the only team with a head coach candidacy (CBJ) is not touching Quenville.

Edmonton may just be desperate enough for Bowman. 

Edited by DSVII
  • Cheers 1

21 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Quenneville to Columbus asap and they become a championship calbre team in 2 seasons

first Babcock, now Quenville

not sure Columbus ownership will go for that

• Cheers 1

On 7/1/2024 at 5:25 PM, Warhippy said:

Quenneville to Columbus asap and they become a championship calbre team in 2 seasons

lol.  The same people thought Babcock was going to do that to Toronto.   Maybe it's just circumstances more than the coaching in some cases. 

21 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This is simply inexcusable. All of these sexual assault supporters belong in prison for criminal negligence, not employed in the NHL.  Should have been a lifetime ban.

A rare instance where I agree with your lifetime ban and I do hope no team hires any of them. I did do some digging and seems Oiler fans are just as, if not more disgusted with the possibility of Bowman being hired, if fact there is a petition started by Oiler fans to prevent him from being hired. I think the team would lose a lot of fans if they hired him. Stupid move by the league reinstating them and any team stupid enough to hire any of them deserves the fallout they’ll get from it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 7/2/2024 at 7:52 PM, King Heffy said:

I can't even find the words to properly express my disgust right now.

And the disgust will die down and everyone will still support the league.

I think if Q gets hired (and he will) the thing to do is boo him and start a negative chant at the games when he comes to town. It might catch on. 

4 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

And the disgust will die down and everyone will still support the league.

I think if Q gets hired (and he will) the thing to do is boo him and start a negative chant at the games when he comes to town. It might catch on. 

I'll personally buy tickets behind the bench and make sure he knows exactly how much of a piece of shit he is.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'll personally buy tickets behind the bench and make sure he knows exactly how much of a piece of shit he is.

Sounds like you could lead a vigilante group at the arena .