(Signing) Canucks sign Vincent Desharnais

• Sharpshooter changed the title to Canucks [Signing] - Vincent Desharnais
1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Right now, we could go into the season without going into LTIR. That would help at the trade deadline.

Another solid signing.

Hopefully that’s what happens. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Missed out on Hakanpaa so overpaid a bit on Desharnais, big body RD, it's Meh signing, not someone I would have went after, there are better options still out there and probably for less money 

Edited by VanOriginal

Posted (edited)

Reading in between the lines, the coaches liked both our Loveable Giraffe and Big Zeke but preferred Myers play over Zeke's and especially at the contract hit between the two. 

Would be interesting to ask, if possible offers the record, Tic Toc, Foote and Gonchar which they would prefer in the pecking order if money was not a consideration.

Edited by Rocket-68

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I said days ago I bet we go for value signings, and it's happened.

I expected the unexpected, but not this.

I’m neither excited or upset about today. Big Z was tough but the signings were alright. I just know to not get too excited I guess. Last years offseason went well but we’ve had so many duds in the past it’s taken the energy out of me 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

As they need to. 

Most definitely. The backend was just fine last year but the forwards need to be faster and harder to play against come playoff time. I don’t mind this free agency at all. Desharnais could thrive with good coaching and sheltered 3rd pairing minutes. Plus he will hit and drop the gloves. 

• Cheers 3