(Signing) Canucks sign Vincent Desharnais

13 minutes ago, Wing said:

Now that I'm seeing the cost of other depth d signings around the league. I think 2M for this guy is a bit of an overpayment. Leafs got Hakanpaa for 1.5Mx2 who's also a big RD defenseman. Is Desharnais 500k better?

Desharnais is also 5 years younger so that matters (around here anyhow).  Hakanpaa's 32 years old or, in Canuck fan years, geriatric and ready for a walker and a retirement home.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Combover said:

Big strong  d group which is good 

downside 

wont be a lot of offence aside from hughes coming from the back end thou.

The ‘bet’ is that Hughes and Hronek bring the speed and offensive acumen. 

The rest, train wreck their opponents. 

This is the way. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

True before, true now. 

That’s what ‘extensions’ are about. 

:hurhur:

1 minute ago, R3aL said:

im looking forward to seeing it all come together in the ice now 

:hurhur:

Ok, I gotta stop this quoting stuff before I get banned.  :classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

The ‘bet’ is that Hughes and Hronek bring the speed and offensive acumen. 

The rest, train wreck their opponents. 

This is the way. 

You need speed on other pairings too, as well as puck moving so you don't get hemmed in your own zone every time certain pairings are out there. 

We will have to address this during the season.

53 minutes ago, Pickly said:

Myers was a so called turnover machine up until having competent coaching so let’s reserve judgment until we see what Foote and Tocchet can do with this guy. Maybe just maybe Zadorov didn’t want to re sign in Vancouver. Fans needs to get over the fact that just because it’s Vancouver is isn’t an entirely attractive market to play in. 

Agreed. Loved Zads, but he is now on his sixth team. Vancouver and four other teams couldn’t come to terms with NZ.

Maybe he’s just a player who’s looking for a bigger role then teams are willing to give him. How long before he chafes at the minutes that Montgomery is willing to play him in Beantown.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

To everyone crying about this signing (same crowd that hates every move) remember how awful Myers was before Foote and gonchar and how lost Z was before Foote and gonchar, why is our fan base such cry baby’s we have a good team that just added a 6 foot 7 dman to round up our bottom pair from a team that just went to the finals, if he didn’t get banged up he woulda played all of the finals 

That's what I'm saying, it's such a vancouver thing to whine and complain all the time about everything

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Our identity remains intact.  I'm happy about that. 

Gonchar and Foote could get this guys to stop turning pucks over I'll be super happy about it. Looking forward to what the coaching staff can do with this team next year.