(Signing) Canucks sign Vincent Desharnais

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

He'd still have to at least play at an acceptable level in his zone.  He has never shown any indication that he's capable of doing so.  He's another Pouliot/Larsen/Hunt/Del Zotto.

The guys you listed are tweeners Schultz is a puck moving dman. Not every defenseman has to be a bland stay at home guy 

15 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Happy.No bling-bling players.Deep deep team.Added size.Nothing to complain.We also kept majority of our guys.

Plus blue collar work ethic. That’s what RT wanted as the team identity. Have it in spades now. Good to see.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Pretty sure the CBA prohibits it...

.........doesn't preclude the possibility of players informally gathering themselves to practice though. :classic_ninja:  

(Just that coaches can't be there)

The coaches should send in there wives with specific instructions

win/win 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Spending this 2M on Vincent Desharnais and 3M on Myers was pretty silly when we could've signed Zadorov for 5M or Tanev 4.5M and used Juulsen who's better than Desharnais.

Loved all the signings before today and today other than Myers and Desharnais.

Edited by MoneyMiller
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

San Jose was bad, but Edmonton's was still far worse.

I can’t tell if you just know nothing about hockey, or if you just like making ridiculous statements. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I can’t tell if you just know nothing about hockey, or if you just like making ridiculous statements. 

He’s a troll. Makes ridiculous claims although he’s a big fan. Still a fuckin R Tard though with a lot of his claims. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Is that defense core worse than last year? 

Slightly.  But I thinkwe have more speed and scoring up front which makes the difference.  We have a more balanced roster now.  Last year, we had Zadorov and Cole at $6.75 million.  Now we have Forbort and Desharnais at $3.5 million.  We also have our backup goalie at under a million, so we saved almost $5 million which helped us to get DeBrusk, Heinen an re-sign Joshua and Blueger...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Slightly.  But I thinkwe have more speed and scoring up front which makes the difference.  We have a more balanced roster now.  Last year, we had Zadorov and Cole at $6.75 million.  Now we have Forbort and Desharnais at $3.5 million.  We also have our backup goalie at under a million, so we saved almost $5 million which helped us to get DeBrusk, Heinen an re-sign Joshua and Blueger...

Oilers weren’t good defensively because they have good defensemen. It’s their system that allowed them to shut teams down.

They were very aggressive in the neutral zone with their speed and never allowed the other team to gain the zone cleanly. That’s how we need to ply defense.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Guntrix said:

Not sure about this one.

2M on a giveaway machine who had trouble keeping his spot on a thin Oilers blue line. Size isn’t everything.

I'm neither excited, nor disappointed in this signing, but according to MoneyPuck advanced stats, Vinnie had 42 turnovers in 78 games last season. That's about 1/2 a turnover per game, averaging just under 16 minutes per game.

Hardly a "giveaway machine".....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Ya PK is pretty set, only worry is if Blueger got hurt for PK Cs

Aman did pretty good on the PK. He'll probably draw in if Blueger is out. But I'm hoping Aman has a big summer and makes the team this year. He has a lot of potential to be a 10G - 20P shut down guy

• Upvote 1

D core is huge, even Hronek is average sized. Quinn is really the only small guy on the back end, and he's quite an elusive skater. 

Be interesting to see what the coaching staff can do with the newcomers. 

At first glance Desharnais' contract maybe a tiny bit too rich but let's not forget he was a real beast against us in the playoffs. You would wanna see more of him than Juulsen for sure.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, old guy said:

Please, we need an eye-roll emoji🙄 on the response bar. Some of the stupid comments and whining here throughout the day are just f'king stupid. WTF did this exec team put together last year? Yet somehow there's a group of comical

intellectuals that know all of our additions better than the pro- (we do this for a living)- group. It's so very tiring. I'm quite excited to see how this group gels and learns to play off each other's strengths.😘

you're sounding like an old man....🫣 🤣

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, bh90 said:

From PAJRs own words. Defenseman don't make a good defense you need a good team defensive system and find players that fit that system.

If you look historically on what they did in Pitts and won a cup with, they have very "meg" dman other than Letang. Pretty much all the D that left that system ended up struggling.

Now in Van, Myers, Zadorov resurrected their careers.

I think the Canucks did a great job finding guys that they think will fit the system.

Coach wants guys to take the middle / net front and use their size/reach to change passing lanes. Forbot/Myers/Desharnais do that.

Ideally they can find another dman that can move the puck to push Forbot as #7 but I feel good if we start the season like this.

Desharnais/Juulsen should also give each other plenty of competition and wouldnt be surprised if they split the season. Competition is good.

Hronek/Hughes I think we need to try to split up at least early in the season to spread out the puck movement

Hughes - Desharnais

Soucy - Hronek

Forbot - Myers

I'm not sure if Desharnais is a top pairing defenseman. Could get eaten alive by other team's top players. And is Desharnais have good foot speed to keep up? 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Be interesting to see what the coaching staff can do with the newcomers. 

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Guess we'll see soon enough. 

Is Allvin done for the summer, though? Or is there some more tweaking to be done roster wise? 

19 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, I'm curious as well. Guess we'll see soon enough. 

Is Allvin done for the summer, though? Or is there some more tweaking to be done roster wise? 

we have a blatant hole in the top 6, and still some cap space.

no way Allvin is done.

5 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

we have a blatant hole in the top 6, and still some cap space.

no way Allvin is done.

I think the hole in the top 4 rd slot is more glaring than the hole in the top 6

• Vintage 1