(Signing) Canucks sign Vincent Desharnais

Just now, c00kies said:

You need speed on other pairings too, as well as puck moving so you don't get hemmed in your own zone every time certain pairings are out there. 

We will have to address this during the season.

Juulsen, Myers, who can both be split on the bottom 4. 

Hughes/Hronek on the top line. 

The ‘speed’ is still there.

4 minutes ago, c00kies said:

You need speed on other pairings too, as well as puck moving so you don't get hemmed in your own zone every time certain pairings are out there. 

We will have to address this during the season.

It’s more about the ‘outs’ 

Can they fight for the puck and move it out up to the forwards? 

That’s the real test. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Desharnais is also 5 years younger so that matters (around here anyhow).  Hakanpaa's 32 years old or, in Canuck fan years, geriatric and ready for a walker and a retirement home.

PA has built some depth on the backend. There will be serious compete in the fall camp. I don't see Freidman or Juulson going anywhere so PA will have some defenders he can move in October. The Canuck war room today must have been a sight to see. I can imagine that Foote gave a thumbs up on the Desharnais signing. I don't take his play in Edmonton as the final commentary on his game. Oilers defense was often a gong show. Canucks have far more structure and he could flourish here. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

Not faster but better. Not many are faster than Mik but he isn't great.

Precisely. Speed is great but useless if it can't finish every once in a while.

It'll probably have to be a committee approach to offense with this lineup. But if Miller keeps Millering and if Petey gets some chemistry with Debrusk, look out. 

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

The way teams like to target Hughes, the more muscle on our team that can punish other teams skill players the better . I don’t want the see that 3rd pairing out against other teams top lines unless we have a 5 goal lead though, they could be a little slow.

#MeToo

The 3rd pair shouldn’t be out there but that’s the only way Hughes/Hronek gets a way out of the opposition’s best D-Line.

If the Nucks have a dependable and huge kind of Dcorps, then it’s all about giving the team a way to score.