[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

1 hour ago, Gator said:

SIGNING

The Ottawa Senators have signed UFA Ryan Hartman to a contract.

Term: 4 years

AAV: $3,750,000

Lifestyleir GIF by Lifestyle International Realty

didnt know he was in stage 3, thought it was white or yellow. Nice deal for Team Ottawa!

EDIT: Showed 0 offers on Hartman on the agent sheet so not sure what happened 

Edited by Viking
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Viking said:

didnt know he was in stage 3, thought it was white or yellow. Nice deal for Team Ottawa!

EDIT: Showed 0 offers on Hartman on the agent sheet so not sure what happened 

They won't all necessarily go to phase 3. If there's no real tough decision to be made it will likely be done at the end of phase 2.

As for the color code on the sheet thats my bad. I did announce the players were heading to phase 2, but didn't update the spreadsheet. Caught me slacking a bit 😅.. That's me rushing things trying to get them done before the freeze lol

Hide Hiding GIF

• Cheers 1

Yeah, no one should sleep on ufa's even if not at stage 2 or 3 or even 1, if an offer comes in where FA has been open for 18 days already, some offers are good enough that a player may just sign it on the spot. Phases are the norm but not a hard rule. I think that needed clarification. The idea, year over year is to make your pitches earlybin July, players in demand will almost always go to phase three trying to capitalize on their popularity for the biggest bestest deal, but a guy on day 12 may just sign the good deal that is the first to come in if it is a good deal for him, to expand on the concept for better understanding. 

In the real NHL star players aren't waiting to hear from a GM on the 19th of July, they signed minutes after July 1st noon., so no one should be saying on July 19th they didn't have a chance to make an offer on a guy. Same goes for September 16th, in my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Yeah, no one should sleep on ufa's even if not at stage 2 or 3 or even 1, if an offer comes in where FA has been open for 18 days already, some offers are good enough that a player may just sign it on the spot. Phases are the norm but not a hard rule. I think that needed clarification. The idea, year over year is to make your pitches earlybin July, players in demand will almost always go to phase three trying to capitalize on their popularity for the biggest bestest deal, but a guy on day 12 may just sign the good deal that is the first to come in if it is a good deal for him, to expand on the concept for better understanding. 

In the real NHL star players aren't waiting to hear from a GM on the 19th of July, they signed minutes after July 1st noon., so no one should be saying on July 19th they didn't have a chance to make an offer on a guy. Same goes for September 16th, in my opinion.

As I newbie I missed that, now i know for next summer dont wait on an offer if you think there is no interest cause there might be! Or your offer is accepted quickly for a lower end guy like my TB signings of many players...Newbie antzy pants making loads of mistakes im sure. But I got no clue how fantasy works im building a team i Like on paper haha.

All in good fun, look forward to seeing how this upcoming season goes both for the Canucks and GFL!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

image.pngn

MEDIA ANNOUNCEMENT

Calgary Flames have formalized their leadership group for the 2024/25 season by appointing a Captain and two Alternates. Please join us in congratulating the following players in assuming these leadership roles.

1.  Captain - Mason McTavish
  2. Alternate Captain - Matthew Boldy
  3.  Alternate Captain - Brock Nelson

• Cheers 3

The Senators' roster is basically set (albeit a little thin around the edges) for next season:

Jason Robertson - John Tavares - J.T. Compher

Brandon Hagel - Joel Eriksson Ek - Kyle Palmieri

Jack Quinn - Wyatt Johnston - Ryan Hartman

Liam O'Brien - Mackenzie Entwistle - Jaret Anderson-Dolan

Gustav Forsling - Brent Burns

J.J. Moser - Shayne Gostisbehere

Mattias Samuelsson - Logan Stanley

Jeremy Swayman

Alex Lyons

We'll likely be rolling with 18 skaters this year. Mackie Samoskevich and Shakir Mukhamadullin will be available to fill in for injuries, but we've portioned out our cap for 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

If anyone would like to help relieve our cap strictures, and also pay a relatively moderate return, get in touch about Tavares, Burns, Palmieri.

Not gonna lie, that interim GM didn't do much for this team, but considering the cap constraints that Alex Lyon add at 900k was absolutely clutch.

Edited by MatchesMalone
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

The Senators' roster is basically set (albeit a little thin around the edges) for next season:

Jeremy Swayman

Alex Lyons

We'll likely be rolling with 18 skaters this year. Mackie Samoskevich and Shakir Mukhamadullin will be available to fill in for injuries, but we've portioned out our cap for 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

If anyone would like to help relieve our cap strictures, and also pay a relatively moderate return, get in touch about Tavares, Burns, Palmieri.

Not gonna lie, that interim GM didn't do much for this team, but considering the cap constraints that Alex Lyon add at 900k was absolutely clutch.

Yeah that GM was pretty MIA. Messaged him a few times and never even heard back. Glad you're back at the helm MM

11 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Jeremy Swayman

Alex Lyons

I could probably free up some cap for you, but I'm looking for them sweeteners in return 😆

Edit:  oops nevermind, different league lol!  Getting mixed up with my teams haha

Edited by HKSR

Rumour out of Vegas is Morgan Rielly might be looking for a new home with more room on a too pairing.

If you're a playoff team or a team on the upswing and you're looking for a top pairing dman get in touch!

We no longer require a top 4 dman in return, so we can focus on picks/prospects/youngsters at F or D

@Gator

The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to announce our leadership group for the upcoming season!!!

Captain: Matthew Tkachuk, is back once again to lead our team!!

Assistant Captain: Nico Hischier, is a hard working C who is very happy to have joined the Lightning roster!!

Assistant Captain: Sebastian Aho, a great teammate and locker room guy with great offensive skill!!

EDITED*** Thanks Matches, RickBlight and MeanSeanBean for the tips! I am still learning this league

Edited by Viking

23 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Gator

The Tampa Bay Lightning are proud to announce our leadership group for the upcoming season!!!

Captain: Matthew Tkachuk, is back once again to lead our team!!

Assistant Captain: Nico Hischier, is a hard working C who is very happy to have joined the Lightning roster!!

Assistant Captain: Nikita Zadorov, an outspoken character who is a great teammate and locker room guy!!

... You sure about that one?

25 minutes ago, Viking said:

what do you mean? I dont get your comment sorry.

Zaddy doesn't put up big numbers so the 5% won't help much in the end. A guy like Aho would probably provide more value as an A long term. 

• Cheers 1