[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (NJD Available!)

Gator

2 hours ago, Gator said:

image.thumb.png.ce2927b3e2cd06378f2fbbc2baabccb9.png

Going to be a very close finish. Make sure you get your vote in before midnight tomorrow!

Current vote is 72.72% in favor of change. 75%+ needed for rule change to take effect

What's the broccoli supposed to mean?  

Philadelphia Flyers opening night roster:

Forwards:

Juraj Slafkovsky -Mika Zibanejad- Charlie Coyle

Alex Iafallo- Pavel Zacha - Jason Dickinson

Miles Wood- Lars Eller- Kaapo Kakko

Michael Amadio- Blake Lizotte- Luke Kunin

Jimmy Vesey

Defencemen:

Miro Heiskanen - Neal Pionk

Brendan Dillon  - Brett Kulak

Adam Pelech - Nick Seeler

Kevin Bahl  

Goalies:

1.Tristan Jarry

2.Alex Nedeljkovic

52 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Minnesota sends Ylonen down to the minors, and places Grundstrom and Maroon on the main roster.

@Optimist Prime can confirm but I believe Ylonen requires waivers. He is 24 and has 111 NHL games and our CBA rules are below for waiver exemptions.

Skaters:

22 or younger - 150gp

23-24 - 100gp

25-26 - 50gp

8 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He does, but isn't there a big waiver purge or something come up soon? I thought we just sent them down then everyone who needed to go through  waivers did on the 2nd

League news in Discord says waivers are mandatory effective September 21st.........unless the date got extended. I'm sure OP will be able to confirm if it is different.

12 hours ago, JohnnyEhGiver said:

Buffalo Sabres Waivers: 

Send to AHL: Thomas Bordeleau -Injury

(No IR) (Waivers exempt)

Send to AHL: John Gibson -Appendicitis (No IR) (Waivers)

Call up NHL: Seamus Casey 

Call up NHL: Kevin Lankinen

Amplifying this somewhat obscure waivers post: John Gibson is now on waivers and will be until this time tomorrow.

Please post waiver notices clearly in their own post with no preamble or post script to allow for maximum fairness going forward folks, thank you. I know this was not done on purpose, but some folks may miss the intention.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Minnesota sends Ylonen down to the minors, and places Grundstrom and Maroon on the main roster.

31 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

@Optimist Prime can confirm but I believe Ylonen requires waivers. He is 24 and has 111 NHL games and our CBA rules are below for waiver exemptions.

Skaters:

22 or younger - 150gp

23-24 - 100gp

25-26 - 50gp

25 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

He does, but isn't there a big waiver purge or something come up soon? I thought we just sent them down then everyone who needed to go through  waivers did on the 2nd

Jesse Ylonen does have 111 regular season NHL games under his belt, and our threshold for a 24 year old (Oct 03, 1999) is 100: therefore yes he will need to be put on waivers if you still want to send him down. 

image.jpeg.8a76ee10a0b56c955f0b5277e93cc5b4.jpeg

@Herberts Vasiljevs Florida player Spender Martin has cleared waivers and will be assigned to the minor league affiliate as directed.

Florida player Cal Clutterbuck has cleared waivers and will be assigned to the minor league affiliate as directed.

image.jpeg.8a76ee10a0b56c955f0b5277e93cc5b4.jpeg

The Columbus Blue Jackets have CLAIMED  Florida's waived player Uvis Balinskis

Columbus was 32nd in the waiver wire claim order, however there were no other competing claims. CBJ remains 32nd on the waiver order until reset Oct 1st.

@SuperPete40  @Herberts Vasiljevs

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

League news in Discord says waivers are mandatory effective September 21st.........unless the date got extended. I'm sure OP will be able to confirm if it is different.

I guess I don't understand that "big waive" that keeps getting talked about then. 

48 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Jesse Ylonen does have 111 regular season NHL games under his belt, and our threshold for a 24 year old (Oct 03, 1999) is 100: therefore yes he will need to be put on waivers if you still want to send him down. 

Yup, I'll waive him for assignment to the minors. I should have 2 players being added to my roster shortly, Gator just hasn't got there yet.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I guess I don't understand that "big waive" that keeps getting talked about then. 

Yup, I'll waive him for assignment to the minors. I should have 2 players being added to my roster shortly, Gator just hasn't got there yet.

The "Big Waive" is for all players not on the NHL roster. Anyone that is eligible for waivers on the AHL team will be placed on waivers and anyone can put in a claim. They must pass waivers to remain on your AHL roster.

Edited by Rick Blight

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

The "Big Wave" is for all players not on the NHL roster. Anyone that is eligible for waivers on the AHL team will be placed on waivers and anyone can put in a claim. They must pass waivers to remain on your AHL roster.

So they would have to pass waivers now, and then again for the big waive?

1 hour ago, Brettzky said:

So they would have to pass waivers now, and then again for the big waive?

I don't believe so based on the CBA noted below but @Optimist Prime is handling the waivers rule so he has the final say.

4.5 Waivers

If a player gets placed on waivers all teams will have a 24 hour window to put in a claim. To put in a claim send "Optimist Prime” a waiver claim message on CFF. If nobody puts in a claim the player can be sent to the AHL, and will become waiver exempt for 30 days. For a player to become eligible for waivers they must meet 1 of the following requirements.

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Like 1