Richard

Hronek - Matheson

Kulikov - York

McNabb - Gustafsson

Martinez

Georgiez

Lindgren

1 hour ago, Brettzky said:

So they would have to pass waivers now, and then again for the big waive?

Yup, as of right now if anyone is placed on waivers, they would simply be stuck on waivers until the big waive is finished. Anyone who recently cleared waivers will also need to go thru waivers in the big waive, by rule, that is how the CBA is worded. Aint no thang though: if they cleared waivers alone they almost certainly will clear waivers while there are dozens of other options at the same time. 

11 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I don't believe so based on the CBA noted below but @Optimist Prime is handling the waivers rule so he has the final say.

4.5 Waivers

If a player gets placed on waivers all teams will have a 24 hour window to put in a claim. To put in a claim send "Optimist Prime” a waiver claim message on CFF. If nobody puts in a claim the player can be sent to the AHL, and will become waiver exempt for 30 days. For a player to become eligible for waivers they must meet 1 of the following requirements.

This bolded part of the rule is in effect every day after the big waive till the end of the season. There is no way to avoid the 'big waive' of any player who is waiver eligible and NOT on your main team from the Freeze tomorrow until the end of the big waive 24 hour period. The rule I am using to make this call is:

On OCT 1st of every year ALL waiver eligible players in a teams AHL system will be automatically placed on waivers. This is to prevent GMs from storing NHL level talent in their AHL system.

Of course, Gator has modified that date the other day. "Waiver Purge is going to be moved ahead by 1 day to Oct 2nd 12PM....There will be a roster freeze beginning Oct 1st 12pm and will end Oct 3rd 12 PM"

I don't see any reason to exempt any player for any reason from teh big waive. Those clearing waivers between now and 12 on the 2nd Oct will simply remain on waivers for the big waive too. Same rule for everyone, so nothing to worry about. 

image.jpeg.8a76ee10a0b56c955f0b5277e93cc5b4.jpeg

The New York Islanders have CLAIMED  Nashville's waived player Ryan Graves

NYI's were 11th in the waiver wire claim order, note there was another claim from the 29th seed. NYI drops to 32nd on the waiver order until reset Oct 1st.

@BigTramFan @Nucker67

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I guess I don't understand that "big waive" that keeps getting talked about then. 

Yup, I'll waive him for assignment to the minors. I should have 2 players being added to my roster shortly, Gator just hasn't got there yet.

Amplifying Jesse Ylonen is on WAIVERS ffor the purpose of being assigned to the minor league affiliate.

One of my (NYI) players (Taylor Hall) is currently on LTIR, does he automatically get moved to the main roster once he's reactivated (by the Blackhawks)?  Or do I need to request he be moved from LTIR to my main roster?

Edit - disregard

Edited by Nucker67

5 hours ago, Optimist Prime said:

Amplifying this somewhat obscure waivers post: John Gibson is now on waivers and will be until this time tomorrow.

Please post waiver notices clearly in their own post with no preamble or post script to allow for maximum fairness going forward folks, thank you. I know this was not done on purpose, but some folks may miss the intention.

My apologies. I thought I had made it clear but I can see how if someone just scrolled by reading headlines could have missed this waiver post. Will be clearer going forward. 🍻

• ThereItIs 1

On 9/29/2024 at 12:19 AM, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

FLORIDA-PANTHERS.thumb.jpg.3a7297583e6c34062ec1f8619eead2c0.jpg

*Edited September 29th 

Brad Marchand (A) - Elias Lindholm - Sam Reinhart (A)

Tyler Bertuzzi - Ross Colton - Alex Tuch (C)

Erik Haula - J.G Pageau - Simon Holmstrom

Yakov Trenin - Pius Suter - Keegan Kolesar

Morgan Barron 

Simon Edvinsson - Artyom Zub

Niko Mikkola - Cody Ceci

Jamie Oleksiak - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jack Johnson - Jani Hakanpaa

Igor Shesterkin

Kaapo Kahkonen

Cap space: $508,333

Consider this Florida's opening night roster @Gator @Optimist Prime. Thanks!

THE UTAH BOUNCE'S OPENING LINEUP:

C. Caufield - C. McDavid - E. Tolvanen

J. Farabee - S. Couturier - J. Neighbours

B. Saad - E. Malkin - A. Kaliyev

R Lomberg - S Monahan - P Di Giuseppe

V. Hedman - S. Girard

J. Bean - J. Lauzon

J . Brown - T Bjornfot

T. Demko

J. Quick

Beer Duty:

C. Glass

J. Brown

C. Jones

image.thumb.png.ed69721c583ad2eb19d5a68776167d62.png

GO BOUNCE GO!!!!

Edited by Bounce000

On 9/29/2024 at 4:38 PM, Gator said:

ROSTER FREEZE/WAIVER PURGE

Waiver purge is going to be moved ahead by 1 day October 2nd 12:00pm pst.

There will be a roster freeze beginning on October 1st 12:00pm pst, and that will end October 3rd 12:00pm pst

Bumping this incase anyone missed. Roster Freeze begins today to allow me some time to compile a list for the waiver purge that's happening tomorrow.

Any waiver eligible player that is on your AHL squad when the freeze comes into effect will be placed on waivers. Please make sure roster moves are made before the freeze comes into effect in 5.5 hours. Thanks

• Like 1

The Toronto Maple Leaf's Opening Night Roster

C.Keller - W.Karlsson - N.Mackinnon

D.Perron - J.Mcann - M.Granlund

W.Foegle - C.Sissons - E.Dadonov

Z.Girgensons - M.Appleton - C.Lazar

J.Gadjovich

M.Ekholm - M.Weegar

M.Pettersson - R.McDonagh

D.Savard - S.Perunovich

E.Johnson - T.Barrie

D.Kuemper