[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (NJD Available!)

Gator

14 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

the BIG WAIVE caused all waiver eligible players in the minors to be forced to waive, regardless of having cleared waivers in the last 30 days or not. It is a once a year process to ensure that no one is hoarding NHL talent in the minors and therefore all face the big waive. So while DeSmith cleared your waive on Sept 30th at 4:58pm, he was picked up on waivers during the big waive. This is an across the board move to help clubs that are desperate for NHL Talent, and prevent the league from tipping to a position where some clubs have a massive amount of depth while other clubs can't meet the bare minimums with NHL guys. Sorry you lost DeSmith though. Hope that helps explain it. For the rest of the year, everyone that clears waivers is waiver free for 30 days, but there is no way to shield a player from the 'Big Waive' purge held early October every year, if they are in the minors and require waivers. 

That's unfortunate and doesn't make much sense to me. Why tell me DeSmith cleared when he really didn't? Otherwise I might've gone after another goalie knowing there was a chance I could still lose DeSmith. What has been done is done, I guess. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

That's unfortunate and doesn't make much sense to me. Why tell me DeSmith cleared when he really didn't? Otherwise I might've gone after another goalie knowing there was a chance I could still lose DeSmith. What has been done is done, I guess. 

He was clearly listed in the BIG WAIVE announcement two days after he cleared your first waivers. I don't know what to say other than sorry you didn't see that post, or the several prior where I clearly stated anyone in the minors who was waiver eligible would be in the big waive. I know I provided my due diligence in making the notifications. Have a good day, it is a small loss for you, when all is said and done, and everyone was subject to the same rules.

• Cheers 1

Seattle Kraken Opening Night Roster

Andre Burakovski - Rikard Rakell-Lawson Crouse

Gabriel Villardi-Matias Macelli-Mathieu Joseph

Joel Kiviranta-Jesper Boqvist-Joey Anderson

Nick Foligno-Christian Fischer-Tyler Johnson

Erik Karlsson-Jackson LaCombe

Connor Clifton-Carson Soucy

Dante Fabro- Travis Hamonic

Laurent Broissoit

Cayden Primeau

30 minutes ago, NM777 said:

@Gator

ANA Budget 2024/2025

Player Relations: 25 Million

Player Development: 20 Million

Medical/Training: 20 Million

Minors Budget: 15 Million

Scouting Department: 20 Million

hehehe, it is not just you, like five people already tried to put a number into Scouting that was neither 10 nor 60 million, but You should change your budget quickly because you put ten million into Scouting that has absolutely no effect at all: better used maybe on PR or something else...

There is just ZERO, TEN MILLION or SIXETY MILLION as the available options for Scouting Department. This was changed in the offseason. Everyone should probably read the CBA again to refresh with it and the changes. Cheers

@NM777

6.6 Scouting Department

Investing money into your scouting department will increase your odds of landing talent on draft day. Depending on how much you invest you will be awarded a free draft pick. This pick is untradeable, and is made at the end of the round during the break. These picks come with fast 5 minute time limits. If you miss the pick you can't make it up until the other GMs make their picks. You must make it up before the beginning of the following round or you will not be allowed to make it up until the completion of the draft.

1st RD pick: $60m

5th RD pick: $10m

5 minutes ago, NM777 said:

Anaheim Ducks place a claim on 

F Kevin Stenlund.

@Gator

There are new rules for waivers this year. The below is from the CBA.

4.5 Waivers

If a player gets placed on waivers all teams will have a 24 hour window to put in a claim. To put in a claim send "Optimist Prime” a waiver claim message on CFF. If nobody puts in a claim the player can be sent to the AHL, and will become waiver exempt for 30 days. For a player to become eligible for waivers they must meet 1 of the following requirements.

1 hour ago, NM777 said:

Anaheim Ducks are placing a claim on

F Eric Robinson.

@Gator

1 hour ago, NM777 said:

Anaheim Ducks place a claim on 

F Kevin Stenlund.

@Gator

1 hour ago, Rick Blight said:

There are new rules for waivers this year. The below is from the CBA.

4.5 Waivers

If a player gets placed on waivers all teams will have a 24 hour window to put in a claim. To put in a claim send "Optimist Prime” a waiver claim message on CFF. If nobody puts in a claim the player can be sent to the AHL, and will become waiver exempt for 30 days. For a player to become eligible for waivers they must meet 1 of the following requirements.

I will record these as NM777 is having a hard enough time already with his Front Office Budgets... 

ANA Budget 2024/2025

Player Relations: 45 Million

Player Development: 20 Million

Medical/Training: 20 Million

Minors Budget: 15 Million

Scouting Department: 0

@NM777 The max you can spend on Player Relations is 40million so now you are wasting 5million on that that could say maybe be put towards your Minors Budget for example. 

I will record your claims this time from teh thread but in future please send forum mail to me with your claim privately: this is for recording time stamp purposes and to keep your claim quiet until the 24 hour period is over: every time a player is publicly claimed it tells other players he is a wanted asset, and reduces your chances to win him. Just sayin. Have a great night, but again if i were you I would read the CBA, in particular the whole bit on Front Office Budgets and move that 5m to somewhere it will do some good. Cheers. I know it is a steep learning curve, by this time next year we will all be pros. 

29 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

image.png

We have a UFA signing to announce.

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Alexandre Texier to a 2 year contract with an AAV of $1.0M

I don’t think that’s possible is it? I just traded for his rights from Anaheim…

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

I don’t think that’s possible is it? I just traded for his rights from Anaheim…

Funny enough I was looking for him yesterday and saw he was an RFA in Anaheim too after searching each team. I nearly messaged an agent but was going to wait a bit longer to see if he was going UFA or what.okce insane he was on a team. He wasn't on any agent list, so I'd be surprised if he was a UFA as well.

Edited by MeanSeanBean
  • Cheers 1