[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (NJD Available!)

Gator

The name Texier appears twice in the entirety of last years thread:

NM777 made a post on Oct 9th 2023 that mentions him as his third line LWer to start the season.

NM777 made a post on Nov 7th 2023 that mentions him as the third line Center in an updated lineup post.

The GM doesn't mention Texier again in the rest of the thread. The next appearance of Texier's name is what Peteyboi just posted, from September 18th 2024 in this new season thread, where Gator has him listed as a Qualified RFA. Ergo: nowhere in the official records did NM777 qualify the player.

At this point the commissioner just needs to make a determination. 

For myself, as an agent from June and July, I apologize profusely for the errors the league managers made in this case. I am happy in a way that it is just one guy out of 1500 players we have managed to manage the records for. hehe. small outlyer, but I get the feelings involved in the situation for sure. 

Dunno if this is significant or not, from Gator on June 30th:

FREE AGENCY UPDATE

All UFAs/RFAs have been moved to the free agents tab. The RFAs highlighted red are qualified, the ones that aren't have not been qualified and will become UFAs if not qualified before midnight tonight. (NJD & CBJ RFAs may be an exception here. More news to come tomorrow)

10 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

The name Texier appears twice in the entirety of last years thread:

NM777 made a post on Oct 9th 2023 that mentions him as his third line LWer to start the season.

NM777 made a post on Nov 7th 2023 that mentions him as the third line Center in an updated lineup post.

The GM doesn't mention Texier again in the rest of the thread. The next appearance of Texier's name is what Peteyboi just posted, from September 18th 2024 in this new season thread, where Gator has him listed as a Qualified RFA. Ergo: nowhere in the official records did NM777 qualify the player.

At this point the commissioner just needs to make a determination. 

For myself, as an agent from June and July, I apologize profusely for the errors the league managers made in this case. I am happy in a way that it is just one guy out of 1500 players we have managed to manage the records for. hehe. small outlyer, but I get the feelings involved in the situation for sure. 

You have nothing to be sorry about. I see you OP. I see the work you're doing to keep this league alive. Losing Tyler was really rough for the league, but we're still floating.

2 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

You have nothing to be sorry about. I see you OP. I see the work you're doing to keep this league alive. Losing Tyler was really rough for the league, but we're still floating.

Lots of great folks have stepped up, and Gator is flying now with his new computer set up. I kind of hope that old laptop was given the Office Space printer treatment, hehe:

• Haha 1
  • chaos 1

For future reference everyone can see what players are currently not signed and available via Fantrax. I would encourage everyone to become familiar with this as it is a GM responsibility to know who is available to be signed as a UFA.

To access, go to "players", select "All available players" and you will see a list as per below. You will see which NHL team holds their rights and you will see "FA" (free agent in GFL) under the status column. Hope this helps

image.png.ab71e765e8918a80e5838c11a9e76e8c.png

Edited by Rick Blight
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

58 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Lots of great folks have stepped up, and Gator is flying now with his new computer set up. I kind of hope that old laptop was given the Office Space printer treatment, hehe:

If no1 bites on $100 it will be getting a wild send off 🤣

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Viking said:

I don’t think that’s possible is it? I just traded for his rights from Anaheim…

On 9/18/2024 at 4:42 PM, Gator said:

REMAINING QUALIFIED RFAs

Alexandre Texier - ANA - @NMHockey

Filip Zadina - NJD - Vacant

Jusso Valimaki - NJD - Vacant

Wade Allison - PHI - @MrCanada

Filip Hallander - SEA - Vacant

Kole Lind - VAN - @Gator

4 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

image.png

We have a UFA signing to announce.

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Alexandre Texier to a 2 year contract with an AAV of $1.0M

Alright so what seems to have happened was a qualified RFA that ANA didn't negotiate a contract with.

Qualified RFAs were not supposed to be given a chance at an offersheet until the 22nd, so I didnt add them to the agents sheet. This is my bad due to poor organization. Final blimp on the 1st rough season we'll call it. 

Technically this would be an accepted offersheet, but assuming @JohnnyEhGiver didn't know that, I will give him a chance to keep the offersheet, or just disregard it.

If he keeps the offersheet @Viking will have a timeframe (listed in cba) to match the offersheet or accept compensation (if applicable)

I dont really see any other way to rule it, and apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused.. Things really should be a lot smoother this year and beyond. Im learning this commish thing like some of you are learning this GM thing haha 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gator said:

Alright so what seems to have happened was a qualified RFA that ANA didn't negotiate a contract with.

Qualified RFAs were not supposed to be given a chance at an offersheet until the 22nd, so I didnt add them to the agents sheet. This is my bad due to poor organization. Final blimp on the 1st rough season we'll call it. 

Technically this would be an accepted offersheet, but assuming @JohnnyEhGiver didn't know that, I will give him a chance to keep the offersheet, or just disregard it.

If he keeps the offersheet @Viking will have a timeframe (listed in cba) to match the offersheet or accept compensation (if applicable)

I dont really see any other way to rule it, and apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused.. Things really should be a lot smoother this year and beyond. Im learning this commish thing like some of you are learning this GM thing haha 

this seems fair imo

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Gator said:

@Gator

So all i can do is match a 1 year deal, but then could be slapped having to pay Texier alot more vs what my plan was to offer a 3-4 year deal once the trade was official and I knew what Agent to submit contract offer to.

I submitted the trade before any signing was announced, so imo(I have bias but i would agree with anyone in my spot) I should have the opportunity to sign Texier to a contract of my choosing, not have to match a 1yr offer sheet then be saddled with possibly paying the player much more as early as January 2025. 

I don't think that leaves me in a fair situation.

I can figure out some kind of compensation of a trade with the GM who signed Texier to make things kind of right so he doesn't lose out completely.

Would have been nice if this got caught especially after that Cole Sillinger signing, which at least for me caught me completely off guard....considering is a very young player who just finished his ELC I would have never thought he was a UFA otherwise I would have targeted him over other FA choices i did.

Anyways let me know!

Think also having Texier listed on Anaheim's spreadsheet all this time as an RFA has to account for something. That is where i look for all player stuff and for it to get missed for months is very unfortunate, but that kind of stuff happens and we need to resolve it so everyone is okay with it

1 hour ago, PeteyBOI said:

this seems fair imo

Seems fair for the GM who signed Texier to get some compensation.

Where I have been discussing a trade for 10-14 days with Anaheim GM AND it always had Texier involved otherwise I wouldn't have made a trade without an NHL F coming back.

I will give a meh prospect to the other GM, but I want the ability to negotiate my own deal with Texier, that only seems fair...to me anyway!

5 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

image.png

We have a UFA signing to announce.

The Buffalo Sabres have signed Alexandre Texier to a 2 year contract with an AAV of $1.0M

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Gator

So all i can do is match a 1 year deal, but then could be slapped having to pay Texier alot more vs what my plan was to offer a 3-4 year deal once the trade was official and I knew what Agent to submit contract offer to.

I should have the opportunity to sign Texier to a contract of my choosing, not have to match a 1yr offer sheet then be saddled with possibly paying the player much more as early as January 2025. 

You have been given the chance to match that 2 year term @ 1m AAV for the player... not sure why you are still arguing. If you choose to match it, you get the player for two years at 1 million, that is better than ANY deal anyone would make if the player was still UFA right now. 
fail russell peters GIF

8 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Gator

I submitted the trade before any signing was announced, so imo(I have bias but i would agree with anyone in my spot) I should have the opportunity to sign Texier to a contract of my choosing, not have to match a 1yr offer sheet then be saddled with possibly paying the player much more as early as January 2025. 

I can figure out some kind of compensation of a trade with the GM who signed Texier to make things kind of right so he doesn't lose out completely.

Would have been nice if this got caught especially after that Cole Sillinger signing, which at least for me caught me completely off guard....considering is a very young player who just finished his ELC I would have never thought he was a UFA otherwise I would have targeted him over other FA choices i did.

Anyways let me know!

Think also having Texier listed on Anaheim's spreadsheet all this time as an RFA has to account for something. That is where i look for all player stuff and for it to get missed for months is very unfortunate, but that kind of stuff happens and we need to resolve it so everyone is okay with it

Sillinger wasn't a UFA, I traded for his rights in July after he was qualified by his GM and then signed him to a bridge deal.