[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

FLORIDA-PANTHERS.thumb.jpg.3a7297583e6c34062ec1f8619eead2c0.jpg

Brad Marchand (A) - Elias Lindholm - Sam Reinhart (A)

Tyler Bertuzzi - Ross Colton - Alex Tuch (C)

Erik Haula - J.G Pageau - Simon Holmstrom

Yakov Trenin - Pius Suter - Keegan Kolesar

Morgan Barron - Cal Clutterbuck

Simon Edvinsson - Artyom Zub

Niko Mikkola - Cody Ceci

Jamie Oleksiak - Rasmus Ristolainen

Jack Johnson

Igor Shesterkin

Spencer Martin

IR: Jani Hakanpaa(?)

This is where we are at with things at the moment. There may be a couple of changes prior to the start of the season, but we are close!

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 2

Release: Ivan Prosvetov

- The Buffalo Sabres have released goaltender Ivan Prosvetov as he decided to go back to Russia and join the powerhouse HC CSKA Moscow. We wish Ivan the best of luck with his new found club and as a result Buffalo is in the Market for a backup goalie. Rumours have it that Buffalo would be willing to move a mid to late round ‘26 draft pick for teams that are looking to move a goalie before the forced waiver window opens. 

-https://sports.yahoo.com/former-colorado-eagle-ivan-prosvetov-123636458.html#:~:text=Former Colorado Eagles goalie Ivan,KHL%2C it was reported Thursday.

• chaos 1

On 9/1/2024 at 7:31 AM, Gator said:

Unfortunately no.. To be fair you did make the trade and in the trade call asked me to do a favor and not dish out the penalty points because you're new lol.. What you should have done was ask me about it prior to making the trade then make your decision based on my answer. I am very flexible with new GMs (where I can be), but doing favors like that isn't good for the league. If I give you slack here, I gotta cut someone slack there, and then the whole system becomes flawed. It's a new system for all of us, not just new GMs, so we're all adapting. 

I'm very open to making changes, but not based on early panic. It is a new system, and I'm not blind to the fact some things will need to be ironed out. There's a 95%+ chance the system will see some minor-major changes in each offseason over the next few years, but wouldn't expect anything to change until the offseason.

As for Wilson talks, you did offer less,  but it wasn't THAT much less, and you're a team coming off a 2nd place finish vs a bottom feeding team. You also had the better trade protection offered, and I believe more term (but can't remember that).. that was a very tough choice for sure, but feel I ultimately made the best decision for the player.. In future I highly suggest pulling out of offers in the future if you don't want a player. Also wouldn't recommend talking to competition about dollars being offered on free agents in midst of negotiations lol.

On 9/1/2024 at 7:31 AM, Gator said:

its a learning curve no doubt. In regards to walking from a contract, it is quite hard to be honest because all of a sudden I feel like out of the blue some of my guys got signed. Then, guys I put an offer in I hear nothing about then the freeze happens so going forward do NOT act like a Real NHL GM and be patient.

As for talking to you about a trade, Pesce I literally sent at midnight, very unlikely you were up and going to give me an answer but it is what it is. My team is going to fall way down from last year, probably making the old GM lose some sleep maybe...!?!?

Anyways new season is approaching, TB is open for business, but will have to wait till Feb. to trade any NMC/NTC players to avoid more penalty pts, unless the offer is worth taking the hit I suppose.

Im not even going to try and submit any other FA offers as I feel like there is a few of mine still lingering...but I got no clue who as i cleared my inbox also during the freeze.

On 8/27/2024 at 4:17 PM, Gator said:

2nd Wave Of Free Agency

For the 2nd wave of free agency (beginning September 15th) players will remain in phase 1 for atleast 5 days until September 20th. After that players agents can progress talks into phase 2. 

GMs cannot submit offersheets until September 22nd. This is to give GMs a chance to extend their RFAs before they get a chance to be offered contracts by other clubs. I kind of put RFA talks on the back burner when free agency opened up, and feel this is the right thing to do to give clubs a fair shot to extend their RFAs.

A player can decide to sign a deal while in phase 2. Players only enter phase 3 if the agent feels it would help the player get more $, or it's a close decision between 2+ clubs. Players with 1 offer will typically wait until they gather more interest, but if the agent feels they have a more than respectable offer they can enter phase 2 with just 1 offer.

When a player enters phase 2 they must wait a minimum of 24 hours before agreeing to a contract offer. As long as they heard back from all interested GMs, or gave them atleast 72 hours to respond.

When a player enters phase 3 they can sign a deal at any time. As long as they heard back from all interested GMs, or gave them atleast 72 hours to respond.

FREE AGENCY UPDATE

With the freeze set to be lifted less than 2 weeks from now, the 2nd wave of free agency is set to begin. There will be a 5 day window for GMs to get their initial offers in before players can enter phase 2.

We have a new agent coming in to help with the 2nd wave of free agency. @JohnnyEhGiver will be taking over my clients, and I will be shifting my focus to the RFAs. Anyone that submitted an offer to me will be continuing the negotiations with him. I will be tagging him in the messages in the coming days.

IMPORTANT

* If you are only interested in signing a player if you cant get another please state that in the negotiation. If thats not stated in the negotiation, the agent may agree to an offer you have made as it was deemed the winning bid.

* You can update your 2024-25 financial budgets when the freeze is lifted, but they won't be updated to your team sheets until October 1st. We will still be using last year's PR budget as we did during the 1st wave of free agency.

* Anyone with an RFA that hasn't accepted their qualifying offer can start sending me in their offers on the 15th. You do not need to worry about offersheets coming in until atleast the 22nd.

- GFL News update: 

IMG_6203.jpeg.39d4aabe6c08bdcf72b1d63d80bb40e0.jpeg

GFL recently introduced a new player agency service during the offseason. JEG agency service has now officially opened for business and is fielding offers. JEG is a brand new company now in their first year of operation but this shouldn’t scare away GM’s from presenting offers. As JEG runs on the finest services that google sheets has to offer. JEG’s main goal is to bring top value to our clients well leaving teams with the confidence that they found the right player for the job. At this time JEG will be representing the following players with more to be added as we get closer to the start of the 24/25 GFL season. 

Phase 1: 

Erik Johnson

Nick Seeler

Oscar Eklind

John Klingberg

Lias Andersson

AJ Greer

Ales Stezka

Andrew Cogliano

Arvid Holm

Ben Gleason

Ben Meyers

Christopher Tanev

Connor Mackey

Dylan Gambrell

Erik Kallgren

Ethan Bear

Filip Johansson

Gavin Bayreuther

Hardy Haman Aktell

Ilya Lyubushkin

Jalen Chatfield

James Hamblin

Jansen Harkins

Jared Tinordi

Jaroslav Halak

Jiri Smejkal

Justin Schultz

Kevin Shattenkirk

Kevin Stenlund

Kieffer Bellows

Lassi Thomson

Lucas Johansen

Mattias Norlinder

Nikita Zaitsev

Patrick Maroon

Pheonix Copley

Reese Johnson

Robert Bortuzzo

Sam Lafferty

Samuel Blais

Shane Bowers

Tyler Motte

Tyson Barrie

William Lagesson

Yegor Zamula

Sam Gagner

Dillon Dube

Kyle Okposo

Jeff Carter

Cole Koepke

Vinni Letteri

Travis Boyd

Josh Bailey

Matt Tomkins

Jett Greaves

• Like 1

ANNOUNCEMENT

With the freeze set to end 1 week from today I am starting to get everything ready for the 2nd week of free agency. I have tagged new agent @JohnnyEhGiver in all my current UFA negotiations, and he will be taking over those talks for me. I will be focusing on RFAs, and updates when the freeze gets lifted.

You are now allowed to begin submitting offers to agents (both UFA and RFA). Please refer to the agents tab to see what agent is representing which client.

Agents will only start fielding offers for now. They will not be starting phase 2 for any player until atleast September 20th to give all GMs a fair chance to get an offer in.

If anyone has any questions please let me know. Good luck this season guys. Hope everyone's ready for wave 2 of free agency!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

ANNOUNCEMENT

Before the freeze is lifted I think it's only fair to let you guys know ahead of time there will potentially be a vote up soon that could allow for more flexibility for trading away players with trade Clauses. Specifics are currently being discussed with the exec group. 

This will only be a thing if we can get the vote up and completed before October 1st. If we can't iron out the specifics and have vote done by then we will wait until the offseason before making changes there.

I'm making yall aware just incase you guys make some early trades on the 15th that you wouldn't have made if you knew there was potential for a rule change giving more flexibility to moving out those clauses.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have on current trade discussion you currently have going on. This is imho for the betterment of the league as the restrictions on the clauses have been a heavily scrutinized thing since day 1. More details will hopefully be released in the coming days. Cheers

Edited by Gator
  • Cheers 1

image.jpeg.9978bea54711cef11fcb7aa59588a7a5.jpeg

Release: The Dallas Stars would like to release Egor Afanasyev, as he has  signed overseas.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-milwaukee-admirals-egor-afanasyev-190400495.html#:~:text=Former Milwaukee Admirals forwards Egor,is a two-year contract.

Spoiler

Former Milwaukee Admirals forward Egor Afanasyev  has signed contract with CSKA Moscow of the KHL, per NHL Rosters, The Hockey News' Lineup Site and KHL transactions.

Afanasyev's contract is reportedly three years.

Release: The Dallas Stars would like to release Dmitri Samorukov, as he has signed overseas.

https://triblive.com/sports/former-wilkes-barre-scranton-penguins-defenseman-dmitri-samorukov-signs-in-russia/#:~:text=Former Wilkes-Barre%2FScranton Penguins defenseman Dmitri Samorukov has signed,via a release on Thursday.

Spoiler

Former Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins defenseman Dmitri Samorukov has signed a three-year contract with HC CSKA Moscow of Russia’s Kontinental Hockey League (KHL).

That team announced the transaction via a release on Thursday.

image.jpeg.8a76ee10a0b56c955f0b5277e93cc5b4.jpeg

In preparation for the 24-25 season Waiver Wire activity I am making this post to introduce my new role administering the Waivers process.

~Waivers kicks in on September 15th 2024. 

~All players being waived must be posted in the game thread for time stamp purposes. 

~All waiver CLAIMS must be sent via forums private message to Optimist Prime, unless otherwise stated by Gator, for time stamp purposes.

~One waiver claim per private message: this is specifically to enforce time stamps as a precedence for making claims. If a GM wants to claim more than one player, send your top priority claim first to have the earlier time stamp. If you are successful in this first top priority claim your team will drop to the bottom of the waiver list, impacting your second claim. I am not going to decipher messages like "We wanna claim McJebus but only if we don't get Dr Dre who is our second target after Sidney the Kidney Stone. If we get all three that is awesome". ONE PLAYER PER forum private message, a new message entirely for any other claims. Your claims will be processed in order of time received. 

Spoiler contains excerpts regarding WAIVERS from the Official CBA, which shall overrule any discrepancies. 

Spoiler

4.1 Roster Moves

All roster moves must be made in the thread as their own post and must be clearly phrased. Not doing this may cause it to not get processed. 

EXAMPLE 1:

WAIVERS: Vancouver places X on waivers

4.5 Waivers

If a player gets placed on waivers all teams will have a 24 hour window to put in a claim. To put in a claim send "Optimist Prime” a waiver claim message on CFF. If nobody puts in a claim the player can be sent to the AHL, and will become waiver exempt for 30 days. For a player to become eligible for waivers they must meet 1 of the following requirements.

Skaters:

22 or younger - 150gp

23-24 - 100gp

25-26 - 50gp

Goalies:

22 or younger - 80gp

23-24 - 65gp

25-26 - 30gp

Every month this list will reset in reverse order of standings according to fantrax at the time. Every time a team successfully claims a player they are put at the bottom of the list.

If a player that has been claimed on waivers in the last 30 days gets put back onto waivers, the original team will have the option to reclaim the player and put them directly into their AHL system if no other team places a claim. However, if another team puts in a claim, they will get the player. Unless the original team is higher on the waiver list and is willing to put player on their NHL roster.

On OCT 1st of every year ALL waiver eligible players in a teams AHL system will be automatically placed on waivers. This is to prevent GMs from storing NHL level talent in their AHL system.

4.6 Unconditional Waivers 

Only differences between waivers and unconditional waivers is the player can be bought out if they clear unconditional waivers, and they are on waivers for 48 hours instead of 24.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

ACTIVITY CHECK/LEAGUE VOTE ON DISCORD

Anyone that isnt on discord much should head over and place their vote on a potential rule change regarding trade clauses. This will ultimately give teams more flexibility when it comes to moving players with clauses, but will come with consequences. 23+ out of 30 (75%+) need to vote year for it to pass. Voting ends by end of the month. This is also being treated as an activity check as we come out of the summer freeze in 2 days!

Screenshot_20240913_182627_Discord.thumb.jpg.6df1ec3ed2e5470ac549d2330d874d31.jpg

• Cheers 1

ATTENTION

Any clients listed under @PeteyBOI is currently not fielding offers. If I can't find a temp agent by end of tomorrow I will likely be taking g them on.

For now only send offers to the other 2 agents, and then and RFA will be handled by myself. You can begin sending them in now. 

Sorry for any inconvenience. Cheers!

56 minutes ago, Gator said:

It is with great sadness that GFL announces the termination of the contract for the late Johnny Gaudreau. Words cannot express how saddened we are by the tragic news. Johnny wasn't just a great hockey player. He was a great husband, father, brother, son, and an overall great human. Very sad to see the decision made by 1 selfish person take 2 lives, and negatively impact many others.

Please let this be a lesson to not make that selfish decision. It's not just your life in danger. There is always a better option than getting behind the wheel drunk. Don't be selfish.

RIP Johnny Hockey. You and your brother will be greatly missed by the hockey community!

Celebrate Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

The Chicago Blackhawks pass on their deeepest condolences.

Image of

CALGARY FLAMES FRONT OFFICE BUDGET 2024/25 SEASON

• Player Relations Department.......................$40 M
  • Player Development.....................................$0.00
  • Medical/Training Facility..............................$30 M
  • Minors Budget..............................................$30 M
  • Scouting Department...................................$0.00

@Gator

@Gator

Tampa Bay Lightning Front office Budget: 2024/25 Season: 100m

Player Relations Deptartment: 40m

Player Development: 10m

Medical/Training Facility: 20m

Minors Budget: 20m

Scouting Department: 10m

@Gator Tampa Bay Calls up from the minors: JJ Peterka, JJ will play a big role on the revamped TBL team for the upcoming season.

Edited by Viking