[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

QUALIFYING OFFERS ACCEPTED

The following players have accepted their qualifying offers...

ANA - @NMHockey

Givani Smith - $852,500

Alex Barre-Boulet - $834,166

Peetro Seppala - $940,500

BOS - @Sludge

Vladislav Kolyachonok - $1,017,500

Maxence Guenette - $894,666

Max Jones - $1,424,500

CHI - @chris12345

Eetu Makiniemi - $852,500

Matt Villalta - $852,500

Jiri Patera - $852,500

COL - @Thrago

Tyler Angle - $1,017,500

CBJ - @SuperPete40

Brandon Coe - $1,017,500

Brandon Biro - $990,000

DAL - @Optimist Prime

Taylor Raddysh - $834,166

Boris Katchouk - $834,166

Matthew Phillips - $852,500

EDM - @Grinch

Lukas Reichel - $1,471,250

Mads Sogaard - $1,017,500

MTL - @Maninthebox

Oskar Steen - $880,000

Mac Hollowell - $880,000

NJD - Vacant

Brayden Tracey - $1,017,500

Cole McWard - $1,045,000

Jett Woo - $852,500

Clay Stevenson - $1,017,500

NYR - @Canuck Surfer

Jamieson Rees - $1,017,500

PHI - @MrCanada

Blake Lizotte - $1,842,500

SEA - Vacant

Matt Kiersted - $838,750

Mitchell Gibson - $1,017,500

TOR - @PeteyBOI

Kyle MacLean - $1,017,500

David Gustafsson - $852,500

Matej Blumel - $1,017,500

Erik Portillo - $962,500

Edited by Gator

Agent Logo3.png

We are two days away from moving some players into phase two and it will be a busy time for everyone as GM's try to finalize their rosters for the 2024/25 season. I know it is critical for GM's to know where they stand with their UFA offers and I will endeavor to keep you as updated as I can to help you determine if you are a competitive bidder or perhaps you should be looking at your next option. 

As of today, I have 52 offers on the table. In order to get us all through this process in a timely manner it will be critical that communications (both ways) are expedited as quickly as possible. I hope to be able to provide status updates on all players with multiple offers by the end of this week.

Those that have not yet submitted their offers for players of interest, please do so in order to not miss out on your targets.

Good luck to all for the upcoming season.

• Cheers 1

if a player gives a list of teams they would waive for and the team trades said player to one of those teams, my issue is why do we get negative morale for that...it was a team listed the player would accept a trade so should Not incur any negative points imo.

Approaching a player to expand his trade list if it means the player goes to a contender with a good role for the player that should also not affect morale imo. 

A NMC- in reality should have 0 teams listed as it is no movement-0 teams are given each year by the player for that clause in real life is it not?

If there was a panel of 3 or 5 people who would listen to a reason for a player to waive a clause in our league then they vote on saying yes go to X team from Y team then that could maybe work? That would allow both team GMs to state their reasoning for wanting to move/acquire a player with a clause. If you move a player with a NMC maybe you also forfeit a draft pick as a result of moving a NMC player...those forefeited picks could be used in the scouting department maybe?

On 7/1/2024 at 5:08 PM, Gator said:

Buyout window - September 23rd-30th @ 12:00am Pacific

Buy out window approaching.

This does not include the compliance buyouts. They can be done at any point of the offseason if you're able to use on. (New GMs first offseason)

2 hours ago, Viking said:

if a player gives a list of teams they would waive for and the team trades said player to one of those teams, my issue is why do we get negative morale for that...it was a team listed the player would accept a trade so should Not incur any negative points imo.

Approaching a player to expand his trade list if it means the player goes to a contender with a good role for the player that should also not affect morale imo. 

A NMC- in reality should have 0 teams listed as it is no movement-0 teams are given each year by the player for that clause in real life is it not?

If there was a panel of 3 or 5 people who would listen to a reason for a player to waive a clause in our league then they vote on saying yes go to X team from Y team then that could maybe work? That would allow both team GMs to state their reasoning for wanting to move/acquire a player with a clause. If you move a player with a NMC maybe you also forfeit a draft pick as a result of moving a NMC player...those forefeited picks could be used in the scouting department maybe?

Players become more willing to wave clauses towards the TDL.. Assuming they're given an opportunity to go from a basement dweller to a contender. This has been answered numerous times already. Though it may not be quite "realistic" it ties in very well with the morale system. I want teams to think twice before moving these clauses. There's a reason these players request these lists and its not to get moved around the continent lol.

I am looking at plenty of ways to loosen the restrictions on these players as evident by recent votes put up. Realism is great, and I would like to keep things for the most part as realistic as possible.. But like I said, it ties in very well with the morale system, and feel its going to be a lot better when actually tied into it later this year. I may look to change up the way clauses work with lists 2-3 years down the road, but until its given a fair shot to be used in the morale environment I wont be changing (drastically) trade clause system we have in place.. But I am willing to try and make the system more trader friendly. Best I can do for now

1 hour ago, chris12345 said:

The Chicago Blackhawks would like to place Pierre Luc Dubois on unconditional waivers for the purposes of buyout.

This will be the one time only new GM buyout.

@Optimist Prime

4.6 Unconditional Waivers 

Only differences between waivers and unconditional waivers is the player can be bought out if they clear unconditional waivers, and they are on waivers for 48 hours instead of 24.

If there are no claims, PLD will be bought out after 11:13 am on Friday Morning. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gator said:

ANA - @NMHockey

Givani Smith - $852,500

Alex Barre-Boulet - $834,166

Peetro Seppala - $940,500

BOS - @Sludge

Vladislav Kolyachonok - $1,017,500

Maxence Guenette - $894,666

Max Jones - $1,424,500

CHI - @chris12345

Eetu Makiniemi - $852,500

Matt Villalta - $852,500

Jiri Patera - $852,500

COL - @Thrago

Tyler Angle - $1,017,500

CBJ - @SuperPete40

Brandon Coe - $1,017,500

Brandon Biro - $990,000

DAL - @Optimist Prime

EDM - @Grinch

Lukas Reichel - $1,471,250

Mads Sogaard - $1,017,500

MTL - @Maninthebox

Oskar Steen - $880,000

Mac Hollowell - $880,000

NJD - Vacant

Brayden Tracey - $1,017,500

Cole McWard - $1,045,000

Jett Woo - $852,500

Clay Stevenson - $1,017,500

NYR - @Canuck Surfer

Jamieson Rees - $1,017,500

PHI - @MrCanada

Blake Lizotte - $1,842,500

SEA - Vacant

Matt Kiersted - $838,750

Mitchell Gibson - $1,017,500

TOR - @PeteyBOI

Kyle MacLean - $1,017,500

David Gustafsson - $852,500

Matej Blumel - $1,017,500

Erik Portillo - $962,500

REMAINING QUALIFIED RFAs

Alexandre Texier - ANA - @NMHockey

Filip Zadina - NJD - Vacant

Jusso Valimaki - NJD - Vacant

Wade Allison - PHI - @MrCanada

Filip Hallander - SEA - Vacant

Kole Lind - VAN - @Gator

Edited by Gator

5 minutes ago, Gator said:

REMAINING QUALIFIED RFAs

Alexandre Texier - ANA - @NMHockey

Alex Vlasic - CHI - @chris12345

Filip Zadina - NJD - Vacant

Jusso Valimaki - NJD - Vacant

Wade Allison - PHI - @MrCanada

Filip Hallander - SEA - Vacant

Kole Lind - VAN - @Gator

The Blackhawks believe they signed Alex on Monday at 11:19 am pst.

@Gator Please feel free to correct us if wrong.

4 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

The Blackhawks believe they signed Alex on Monday at 11:19 am pst.

@Gator Please feel free to correct us if wrong.

it is listed on the signings tab of the GFL document, just a snafu is all. 

9/16/24 RFA Extension CHI Chris12345 NA Alex Vlasic 3 $3,800,000 $11,400,000
  • Thanks 1

NOTICE

Seeking 1 temp GM from the Eastern Conference (thats done with their shopping) to sign some UFAs for the Vacant Seattle Kraken. 

Same thing for the Devils, but need a Western GM for the job.

If I cant find 1 I will become the temp GM for both teams after I am done with my free agent shopping. Would rather not have the player pool drop too much before they're able to put in offers though so hoping to snag a couple volunteers.

Don't pressured into it, but if you have free time and wouldn't mind doing it it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Gator said:

DAL - @Optimist Prime

I think there has  been an error somewhere. I have no recollection of making any qualifying offers to these three players. I dont show a record of it either. 
I DID however make Q.O.'s to RFA's Arturs Silovs, Quinton Byfield, and Egor Afanasyev which resulted in signing them. (Afanasyev has since signed long term in Russia and should by now be voided off my team sheet). Maybe I forgot to make a note when i did it and then forgot. I will search the old thread for their names and see what pops up.

AHA, i found it, and i was misremembering: We did qualify Katchouk and Phillips, lol but specifically did NOT qualify Taylor Raddysh. Sorry for the trouble. 

Dallas Stars, from the desk of the General Manager: 

Just making sure we have our RFA's qualified:

Quinton Byfield has an offer pending to his agent, and we certainly are qualifying him.

Arturs Silovs has an offer pending to his agent, and we certainly are qualifying him.

Egor Afanasyev has an offer pending to his agent, and we certainly are qualifying him.

We will qualify Boris Katchouk and Matthew Phillips as well. 

Taylor Raddysh has not been given a qualifying offer.

wow, i must have been braindead in late june... found Raddyshes QO too.

The Dallas Stars will Qualify Taylor Raddysh after all, when the dust settled, we decided we would like to retain his RFA rights over the summer to work out a deal.

So nevermind @Gator you are right and i fucked up my record keeping, hahaha. Thank you for the three players being signed to their Q.O>

Glad I upped my minor league budget to 40m rofl