[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

3 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

NYR Roster & Admin Moves;

RETAIN Front Office Budgets as per last year, no changes.

ASSIGN to IR TJ Oshie 

TSN Forward T.J. Oshie will be placed on long-term injured reserve for the 2024-2025 season.

Recall G Spencer Knight

Recall F Matthew Poitras

Recall D Tristan Luneau

With thanks @Gator

Player Relations $40,000,000
Player Development $0
Medical/Training $20,000,000
Minors Budget $20,000,000
Scouting Department $0

Just FYI, I am seeing you only had 80m last year, so you might want to see where your missing 20m went and how you want to spend it.

@Canuck Surfer

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

Player Development $0
Scouting Department $0

Just FYI, I am seeing you only had 80m last year, so you might want to see where your missing 20m went and how you want to spend it.

@Canuck Surfer

I believe last years budgets did only allow for $80m if im not mistaken

• ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

NYR Roster & Admin Moves;

RETAIN Front Office Budgets as per last year, no changes.

ASSIGN to IR TJ Oshie 

TSN Forward T.J. Oshie will be placed on long-term injured reserve for the 2024-2025 season.

Recall G Spencer Knight

Recall F Matthew Poitras

Recall D Tristan Luneau

With thanks @Gator

Front office got a bit of a rework this year. Might want to go over the budget part of the CBA right quick and come back to me with new budgets. Also get $100m to use this year rather than $80m

• Thanks 1

Agent Logo3.png

We will be taking the following players to Phase 3 of negotiations today. Any last minute bidders can still make an offer but it will be a "blind" offer as we hope to get these players under contract within the next 24 hours.

• Maxim Tsyplakov
  • Mikael Backlund

Agent Logo3.png

We will be taking the following players to Phase 3 of negotiations today. Any last minute bidders can still make an offer but it will be a "blind" offer as we hope to get these players under contract within the next 24 hours.

• Casey DeSmith
  • Dylan DeMelo
  • Tyler Johnson

42 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Agent Logo3.png

We have a UFA signing to announce.

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed Mikael Backlund to a 2 year contract with an AAV of $5.875M and a NMC for year one.

I am happy for the Hawks today. I wanted Mikael to retire on my club real bad, but I couldn't pay him what he was worth and made the choice to claim PLD with the oodles of leftover cap i had rather than 'maybe' win the Backlund sweepstakes. In the end, that is exactly why I didn't win him, haha. My max was over 4m, but certainly not over 5. 
At least this way I can probably run more than the league minimum 20 guys this year too. I think you saved me from my self, @chris12345, in signing Mikael for the last two years of his career. I mean he may play more, but I was pencilling him for retirement three seasons from now, roughly. Maybe after this two year deal he has left in Calgary. 
I don't normally make it a point to comment on players i DON'T win in free agency, but Mikael Backlund is a special player in that he is a cousin of mine. Grats on picking up one of the most loyal players in the NHL. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

38 minutes ago, Optimist Prime said:

I am happy for the Hawks today. I wanted Mikael to retire on my club real bad, but I couldn't pay him what he was worth and made the choice to claim PLD with the oodles of leftover cap i had rather than 'maybe' win the Backlund sweepstakes. In the end, that is exactly why I didn't win him, haha. My max was over 4m, but certainly not over 5. 
At least this way I can probably run more than the league minimum 20 guys this year too. I think you saved me from my self, @chris12345, in signing Mikael for the last two years of his career. I mean he may play more, but I was pencilling him for retirement three seasons from now, roughly. Maybe after this two year deal he has left in Calgary. 
I don't normally make it a point to comment on players i DON'T win in free agency, but Mikael Backlund is a special player in that he is a cousin of mine. Grats on picking up one of the most loyal players in the NHL. 

Thanks!

I didn't know he is your cousin that's awesome! Would have been a good signing!

I guess my strategy is pretty obvious. Release PLD and use the money short term, free up cap long term haha!

• Like 1

image.jpeg.8a76ee10a0b56c955f0b5277e93cc5b4.jpeg

Vancouver Canucks player Kevin Hayes has cleared waivers and will be assigned to the minor league affiliate as directed. 

Dallas Stars player Boris Katchouk has cleared waivers and will be assigned to the minor league affiliate as directed. 

• Sad 1

On 9/22/2024 at 8:51 AM, Optimist Prime said:
Player Development $0
Scouting Department $0

On 9/22/2024 at 9:14 AM, Gator said:

Front office got a bit of a rework this year. Might want to go over the budget part of the CBA right quick and come back to me with new budgets. Also get $100m to use this year rather than $80m

Thanks to both of you!

2024/25 New York Rangers updated Front Office budget;

$40 Mill Player Relations

$40 Mill Medical - Training

$20 Mill Minors Budget

Spending the extra $20 Mill on Medical.

On 7/23/2024 at 10:02 AM, MeanSeanBean said:

Minnesota Wild press release

The Minnesota Wild are thrilled to announce the new captain of the Wild, Elias Pettersson. First we would like to thank Mitchell Marner for his tireless months of dedication and restless commitment before the trade last year.

We are extraordinary lucky here in Minnesota that both our assistant captains have the leadership qualities that could easily make them a captain on other NHL teams. Dylan Larkin stepped up in a big way after Marner was traded to fill the leadership void, while Jared Spurgeon was a staple in the dressing room even being injured through the majority of the year.

While either of these players could have taken the step forward in their career at this time, we have decided to elevate a newer acquisition to the team. After joining the franchise, Elias player did everything and more to cement himself as one of the most important young players in the entire league. It's not easy to follow legends in our league such as Minnesota's former captains Mikko Koivu and Jared Spurgeon, but we are confident this young man was the right choice to lead the Wild as this teams 3rd captain in franchise history.

here is a quote from GM Meanseanbean

“We’re thrilled, this is a significant milestone here for the team and change in leadership and identity of the team. This is not just a reflection on Elias’ exceptional talent, it’s a reflection of him off the ice and his leadership qualities.”

AGM Definitelyacanucksfan has this to say,

“You know you’ve made a great decision with how excited the guys are because it could have easily been one of them, and Petey knows that. I was impressed when I came in with Pettersson and his love of the game and how he mixes with everybody."

“He’ll say uncomfortable things that have to be said and he’s not afraid to say something to us — that was important. He has all the qualities and is still learning, which is great, because he’s going to need support from all of us.”

Pettersson had this to say about becoming the 3rd captain in franchise history,

“This means a great deal to me — especially in Minnesota,” said Pettersson. “I know how important hockey is to the city, and to be the captain is an incredible honour and something I never even dreamed of. I’m never going to be the loudest guy in the room, but a guy who can be a leader through work ethic. And as time goes by, I’ll learn more about myself.

“I feel really confident with the management here and coaching staff. And having Larky, Sprug and Mo here with me, means more than they could know. I’m going to keep learning. This is just the beginning for me. I’m hoping to be a great leader and I think I will be.

The future is bright here in Minnesota, things are about to get... Wild

Ice Hockey Reaction GIF by NHL

@Gatorbumping this

• Like 1

REMINDER

Please don't forget to submit your captain's before October 1st 4:00pm pst or you will not be eligible for your captaincy bonus at the end of the year. 

If you don't announce them it will be assumed you are going with same captain's from last year/None. So if your captain's are same as last year and are appearing as such on your team sheets you do not have to announce it.