[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

Agent Logo3.png

Just wanted to give everybody a quick update on where Rick's Agency is with their UFA clients.

• All players with multiple offers are either signed or in Phase 2/3
  • Those in Phase 3 are expected to sign contracts tomorrow
  • Those in Phase 2 are expected to be elevated to Phase 3 tomorrow and then would expect to be signed in the following 24-48 hours.

That leaves us with the players that have only received 1 offer to date. We need to get these players signed very soon as the season will be on us very quickly. As a result, you may see some of these players agreeing to their offers without going through Phases 2&3. However, this will be very dependent on the offer being acceptable to our client as we will not accept offers that do not approach fair market value. If you have interest in these players we would urge you to present your offers ASAP before they are gone.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

Agent Logo3.png

Just wanted to give everybody a quick update on where Rick's Agency is with their UFA clients.

• All players with multiple offers are either signed or in Phase 2/3
  • Those in Phase 3 are expected to sign contracts tomorrow
  • Those in Phase 2 are expected to be elevated to Phase 3 tomorrow and then would expect to be signed in the following 24-48 hours.

That leaves us with the players that have only received 1 offer to date. We need to get these players signed very soon as the season will be on us very quickly. As a result, you may see some of these players agreeing to their offers without going through Phases 2&3. However, this will be very dependent on the offer being acceptable to our client as we will not accept offers that do not approach fair market value. If you have interest in these players we would urge you to present your offers ASAP before they are gone.

Just want to point out that certainly at least at the fringes of lineups, there are teams waiting to see what prospects make NHL clubs before filling out rosters. I know for Seattle I'm still waiting to see what happens with Ohgren and Kovalenko, although I'm expecting both will make it. Can be a tricky balancing act between the big league cap and minor league budgets.

2 hours ago, MatchesMalone said:

Just want to point out that certainly at least at the fringes of lineups, there are teams waiting to see what prospects make NHL clubs before filling out rosters. I know for Seattle I'm still waiting to see what happens with Ohgren and Kovalenko, although I'm expecting both will make it. Can be a tricky balancing act between the big league cap and minor league budgets.

Understood and I have had to keep a spot open as well hoping that a prospect will grab that final spot. The opposite side of the coin is GM's telling me they want decisions on their offers to determine if they have to move on to plan "B" or not. 

Us GM's have difficult decisions to make.....that's why they pay us the big bucks!🙄

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

JEG: Contract announcement-

Client - Zac Funk 

Team - Toronto Maple Leafs image.jpeg.346445b296ca2f0b232fcc06a734458e.jpeg

Contract - 3 years at 1M avv (3M)

Client statement- 

Over the last couple WHL seasons Zac has continued to develop his game. As an overaged WHL player Zac put up the second most points in the league last season. Zac is hoping to crack the NHL/GFL this season but will more likely be used as a call up. Zac has had to prove doubters wrong his entire hockey career to get to this point and  plans on doing just the same on his current contract with the leafs. 

image.jpeg.d806d886f4d07a3f354245413c2cdd73.jpeg

• Cheers 1

JEG Agency update: 

image.jpeg.bec74e4f7e1de4169663103823481360.jpeg

Final Phase:

Jalen Chatfield
Chris Tanev 

*Both will be signed in the next 48 hours. Waiting on final offers.

Phase 3: 

Ben Gleason
Justin Schultz    

Kevin Shattenkirk    

Ethan Bear

*All of the players in Phase 3 have received 1 offer if no other offers are present by 730pm pacific time on Thursday the 26th all offers will be accepted. 

Phase 2:

Sam Lafferty

Patrick Maroon    

Maxim Groshev    

Ilya Lyubushkin    

Nick Seeler    

*Phase 2 players have been messaged.

Notable free agents available:

John Klingberg    

Jared Tinordi    

Pheonix Copley    

Robert Bortuzzo    

Samuel Blais    

Tyson Barrie    

Steven Lorentz

Marc-Edouard Vlasic    

Kevin Lankinen

JEG: Contract announcement-

Client - Jalen Chatfield

Team - Colorado Avalanche image.jpeg.82a32fb37a9a514ea5716cc4c7dee75f.jpeg

Contract - 4 years at 3.25M avv (13M)

Client statement- 

Jalen was extremely excited about joining a team as competitive as Colorado.  Jalen is eager to contribute to Colorado and aims to help the Aves push for a deeper playoff run this upcoming season. Jalen is ready to embrace the opportunity to play alongside talented teammates. 

image.jpeg.d806d886f4d07a3f354245413c2cdd73.jpeg