[Season 2] GFL 2024-25 (SEA & NJD Available!)

Gator

sean-bean-signs-an-autograph-for-a-fan-whilst-out-and-about-in-covent-DMAHN53.jpg.313ea5d61937fcfce2430cf0b9ac2b81.jpg

Boston has signed the following prospects to their ELC contracts.

Will Smith 2.25 million x 3 (925 base)

Sam Rinzel 1 million x 3 (900 base)

Sam Dickinson 1 million x 3 (900 base)

Quentin Musty 1 million x 3 (900 base)

Congratulations to all these fine young men and good luck in the NHL.

#wearewhitetree

#4gondor

#whataboutthelittleone

#doesmydickinsonsmellmustyorisitjustme

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

sean-bean-signs-an-autograph-for-a-fan-whilst-out-and-about-in-covent-DMAHN53.jpg.4f60f87f80ff82990e991d5f4594450f.jpg

The Philadelphia Flyers have signed the following players to their ELC contracts

Colby Barlow 1 million x 3 (900)

Adam Jiricek 1 million x 3 (900)

Congratulations!

#itisagift

#settingthebarlow

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 2

Ottawa could move Kyle Palmieri. Not willing to retain, but the ask would be pretty moderate. Looking for a 2nd round pick or similar prospect, or a middling younger top 9 forward

We'll also listen to offers on Tavares and Burns. Same premise - not willing to retain, happy to keep them for a run, wouldn't mind getting younger / cheaper.

image.png

FREE AGENCY SIGNING

Stefan Noesen has been signed to a contract by GM HKSR and looks forward to joining the Pittsburgh Penguins. Details of this contract are noted below.

• 3 year term with an AAV of $4.0M
  • Upvote 1

For those interested in acquiring a #1 defenseman - Morgan Rielly (#13 in D scoring last year) is available.

Would like to get a package including a top 4 dman back also on a playoff team.

Short of that, high end prospects and picks might do it as well.

Inquire within!

Posted (edited)

All signings and roster moves have been recorded to sheets up to this point. I have not yet recorded the signings to the team sheets (only signings tab) so it will not be reflected on your cap hit yet. Will be doing that tomorrow. Will also be getting to some contract talks as well. Thank you for your patience guys!

EDIT: Any trades in inbox will be done tomorrow as well.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • MillerTime 1

On 7/6/2024 at 11:59 PM, Gator said:

OFFER SHEET

CAR have signed RFA Philip Tomasino to an offer sheet. WPG has 7 days to match the offer. If WPG fails to match the offer they will receive the 2025 CAR 2nd as compensation.

Contract

3 x $3,500,000 aav

@Down By the River @arby18

@arby18 failed to match the offer sheet and will receive the 2025 CAR 2nd as compensation.

24 minutes ago, Gator said:

@arby18 failed to match the offer sheet and will receive the 2025 CAR 2nd as compensation.

I must've missed this offer sheet as I was travelling that day, but I signed Tomasino on June 30th to a one-year deal (it's in the old thread).

Edited by arby18

8 minutes ago, arby18 said:

I must've missed this offer sheet as I was travelling that day, but I signed Tomasino on June 30th to a one-year deal (it's in the old thread).

Can confirm, I just revisited my notes and shared them with Gator, in addition to this signing announcement in the old thread second to last page. 

I missed the connection on the offer sheet being for one of the 150 + deals I had signed on behalf of the league or I would have pointed it out instantly. 

Cheers all. 

P.O>

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

image.png

FREE AGENCY SIGNING

Kurtis MacDermid has been signed to a contract by GM Dion Phaneuf and looks forward to joining the San Jose Sharks. Details of this contract are noted below.

• 3 year term with an AAV of $975K
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

No rush, No pressure, but what's the deal with FA signings before the freeze. I have 5 or 6 offers in to different agents since around july 6-8. curious if we will get those deals done or if we will revisit in september.

21 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

No rush, No pressure, but what's the deal with FA signings before the freeze. I have 5 or 6 offers in to different agents since around july 6-8. curious if we will get those deals done or if we will revisit in september.

I can only speak to the players I represent but the intention is to have all players with EXISTING multiple offers signed prior to the freeze period. As an agent, it is more prudent for me to wait until I see multiple offers for my clients or a single offer that meets or exceeds what I see as fair market value.

If you have any outstanding questions with offers submitted to my agency, please PM me and we can discuss.

15 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I can only speak to the players I represent but the intention is to have all players with EXISTING multiple offers signed prior to the freeze period. As an agent, it is more prudent for me to wait until I see multiple offers for my clients or a single offer that meets or exceeds what I see as fair market value.

If you have any outstanding questions with offers submitted to my agency, please PM me and we can discuss.

I don't with you, you've be absolutely on it.  But this is an interesting thing you said here about multiple offers. it's possible FA's i reached out to were ones that just didn't have other offers yet. I'm focusing more on depth deals then trying to make big splashes.

59 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

I don't with you, you've be absolutely on it.  But this is an interesting thing you said here about multiple offers. it's possible FA's i reached out to were ones that just didn't have other offers yet. I'm focusing more on depth deals then trying to make big splashes.

Appreciate that position and I have been there myself as a GM.

However, as an agent, I am here to represent my client as well as I can and if that means we wait a little longer into the off-season then so be it. I cannot ask my client to sign contracts early in the off-season that I believe are below market value. I will say that as we get closer to the start of the season you will see more players with one offer sign in an expedient manner as the pressure to get a contract rises.

it is a good idea to keep an eye on the first tab of the free agents document: I think if your target only shows 1 offer, and you know it was yours, then likely you are going to hear back later in the summer about it, unless your offer is a fair to above good one. This way everyone knows if theirs is the only offer or not: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eexgT3NNZneNsY2seF4d8jlwmQZwj_oG-ZnSxnQMd-8/edit?usp=sharing

also it takes teh "i didn't know he was available that cheap'' out of the equation for other GM's. Everyone has fair knowledge, even if you don't know what exacctly the other GM's are offering, you know you have to bring your A game to the offer if there are multiples.

My signing for rittich went through correct? 

Want to make sure as he hasn't been updated on my sheet and I recall there being some discussion here. 

If not I need to start looking for another backup lol.

41 minutes ago, Rush said:

My signing for rittich went through correct? 

Want to make sure as he hasn't been updated on my sheet and I recall there being some discussion here. 

If not I need to start looking for another backup lol.

I don't think all the signings are done yet and on the list, I'm still missing a couple as well.