Mass Shootings/Guns Thread

Sharpshooter

Just now, canucklehead53 said:

CFF is pretty much self regulated compare to CDC (and CDC had its own issues with what was allowed)

if comments made in poor taste are not addressed then things get worse…this goes for both sides (from the peanut gallery) 

ignoring is a good suggestion but only works so often. 

Usually a better idea to ignore something rather than getting into a back and forth. Just a suggestion. 

7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hear ya, but ignore it. If it doesn’t jive with you, move on bud. Do you really need the drama? 

Just chatting my dude.  
I could have picked my word differently. Fair enough.  
But I’m not interested in being a part of the echo chamber that happens in most of the Off Topic threads.  
Who wants to sit around patting each other on the back all day?  
I enjoy a convo with opposite views.  

Im also comfy in uncomfortable talks.  
It’s a great way to learn and grow.  
It’s one of the great things to me about this board. 
Main board is for everyone on the same page.  
Let’s see our differences here IMO

Also, we see worse than “that post was stupid” here every day.  
Let’s not act like I just punched a baby.  
Attack the post, not the person.  
I feel I did that

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Usually a better idea to ignore something rather than getting into a back and forth. Just a suggestion. 

What’s the point?   
and this isn’t me arguing?   
What fun is agreeing with everything all the time?   What do you learn talking to people that think the same as you all day?   

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

What’s the point?   
and this isn’t me arguing?   
What fun is agreeing with everything all the time?   What do you learn talking to people that think the same as you all day?   

Some people are not worth the time or effort to argue with.  Usually displaced from reality with a blind hatred for things.  I enjoy banter with people than give an intellectual response.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I agree, but let’s not ignore the reason why I said the post was stupid.  (Also, I said the post, not Rup). 
I think the whole ‘he likes guns, he must have a tiny pistol’ is fucking ridiculous.  
Sure, it’s small, but I don’t even own my own guns.  Hahahah

In all seriousness tho, it’s hard to not to shit talk someone that insists on including stuff like that, meant to troll the conversation.   

For the record, I didn't equate it with owning a gun....(go back and read what I actually said) It was a reference to people who took umbrage at the suggestion that people who like to target shoot should be content with storing their guns at the range....

Anyway, I think this particular back and forth has run it's course. If you still think my comment is "stupid", carry on...

3 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

For the record, I didn't equate it with owning a gun....(go back and read what I actually said) It was a reference to people who took umbrage at the suggestion that people who like to target shoot should be content with storing their guns at the range....

Anyway, I think this particular back and forth has run it's course. If you still think my comment is "stupid", carry on...

Like I said, there are ranges you can store your guns at.   
It’s not some new great idea.  
They are around and they are fucking rad.  
Just like pew pews. 

10 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’d love to hit that guy with a fucking tomato.   
What a goof

I respect the Americans for their pursuit of liberty.  The gun issue seems so straightforward, with fewer guns in play, fewer mass shootings.  Accepting that mass shooting as a fact of life when the solution is tangible might be one of the most perplexing positions.  If you were a republican and said we will control guns your probably not losing the gun vote as the alternative is still more left wing than you are.

13 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

One of the many reasons I SMH when I hear Americans call the US, "the greatest country in the world"....:classic_rolleyes:

The only thing they're the "greatest" at, is spending on their military..... and as a wise man once said:

458482493_1066201484857694_1284804681908002714_n.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I've brought this up many times on CDC....no reason at all that it couldn't be done.

Of course, the gun lovers that I was arguing with hated the idea.....I guess it wouldn't allow them to measure their dick size, if they couldn't keep it with them all the time....

More to the point is that scene from the Simpson's.

Barney is sitting at the bar, drunk, complaining that alcohol is not giving him that self of sense esteem.

Then he grabs a handgun and states, there it is. 

Powerful statement behind that scene.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hear ya, but ignore it. If it doesn’t jive with you, move on bud. Do you really need the drama? 

Sounds good.

Heffy is back to 'vermin' comment and shoot the guy or excution is warranted. Rarely gets corrected. 

I know soo many dudes with gun collections.

There is only one, a co-worker, that is at the range on the regular. He competes in pistol comps or something. My niece-in-law likes to hunt once a year but she never hits the range.

Why do people collect so much? why do so many 'stockpile' ammo? when they hardly use them. Anyone that has gun friends...I bet this rings true.

Speaking of ranges, i had a good chat with a range master a few years ago. He had tons of horror stories about what arsenals that some real morons have out there. I know gun laws are better in Canada than the states. We have to keep it up and even tighten up. Once we become like the states there is no going back.

When ghost guns become more of a thing, we could be really fooked. 

Guns that are not used for targets, hunting or farms etc should be very, very, closely regulated.

• Cheers 1

Had lunch with my Dad today- he was saying that the shooter's Dad gave him the Ar-15- AFTER being talked to by the FBI/cops about their concerns regarding his kid.

To me that makes him at least an accessory to murder.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, Gurn said:

Had lunch with my Dad today- he was saying that the shooter's Dad gave him the Ar-15- AFTER being talked to by the FBI/cops about their concerns regarding his kid.

To me that makes him at least an accessory to murder.

Two days after the shooting, Colt appeared in court on Friday morning ... he faces the maximum penalty for 4 felony murder charges -- a life sentence without the possibility of parole.

Colt's dad Colin has also been arrested and charged with murder ... and he's facing 4 charges of involuntary manslaughter, 2 counts of second-degree murder and 8 counts of cruelty to children.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

This is a perfect example of the common sense regulations that are needed, but the pro-gun lobby continually block...

There's now way someone who is out on bail should be able to purchase a firearm or any kind. Nor should he or she be able to buy ammunition....

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Upvote 1

So many states don’t have common sense laws and states that do are flooded with guns from less regulated states. City like Chicago has zero gun shops but guns come through other towns and cities in Illinois where laws are different. Most guns are owned by super gun owners, a group of 7.7m people that own half of entire gun arsenal in the nation. Law abiding citizens, hunters, people that need guns for protection etc.  are often lumped with criminals and those that are irresponsible with their weapons. If anything is to change, it has to be done on the federal level and while GOP has any power, that  will not happen.

Edited by CBH1926