Mass Shootings/Guns Thread

Sharpshooter

29 minutes ago, stawns said:

None of it matters, they'll never waver and kids will go on getting killed at alarming rates

One of the many reasons I SMH when I hear Americans call the US, "the greatest country in the world"....:classic_rolleyes:

The only thing they're the "greatest" at, is spending on their military..... and as a wise man once said:

image.jpeg.862bb5853a64b5e8cfcb72a4dba8df64.jpeg

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

One of the many reasons I SMH when I hear Americans call the US, "the greatest country in the world"....:classic_rolleyes:

Perhaps it is their inability to find/ name other countries, that skews their viewpoint?

• ThereItIs 1

On 7/10/2024 at 1:36 PM, D.B Cooper said:

I was just about to say this exact thing.  

Guns are awesome.  
Not all guns are necessary and not everyone should have them. 
This vending machine is unnecessary access and is dumb af. 

Any gun meant for the killing of human beings should be outlawed, imo

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, stawns said:

Any gun meant for the killing of human beings should be outlawed, imo

Any gun can be used for killing a human. 
Same as a knife, hammer or rock.  
Anyone can go to a pawnshop, buy a sword, go outside and start chopping arms off. 

Like I said, I think guns are awesome.  
So much fun!  Pew pew pew!

I don’t think we need a huge regulation for what kind of guns can be owned, but I think getting one should be hard as fuck. 
Im not upset that I can’t just go buy a big machine gun. 
I don’t need it to hunt ducks or shoot targets, but they are fun as heck and I’d like too.  Haha (not ducks, just targets)

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Any gun can be used for killing a human. 
Same as a knife, hammer or rock.  
Anyone can go to a pawnshop, buy a sword, go outside and start chopping arms off. 

Like I said, I think guns are awesome.  
So much fun!  Pew pew pew!

I don’t think we need a huge regulation for what kind of guns can be owned, but I think getting one should be hard as fuck. 
Im not upset that I can’t just go buy a big machine gun. 
I don’t need it to hunt ducks or shoot targets, but they are fun as heck and I’d like too.  Haha (not ducks, just targets)

That's a bullshit rationalization imo.  There's no other reason for handguns and assault rifles, other than to kill human beings

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

10 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's a bullshit rationalization imo.  There's no other reason for handguns and assault rifles, other than to kill human beings

That’s your opinion.  
I would never shoot a human.  
Love shooting targets. 

Lots of fun things can be dangerous when used incorrectly or by the wrong person. 

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That’s your opinion.  
I would never shoot a human.  
Love shooting targets. 

Lots of fun things can be dangerous when used incorrectly or by the wrong person. 

There's probably holes in the idea, but I always wondered why we couldn't have gun ranges where the guns stay at the range.  That way people who like to target shoot still can.🤷‍♂️

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

There's probably holes in the idea, but I always wondered why we couldn't have gun ranges where the guns stay at the range.  That way people who like to target shoot still can.🤷‍♂️

I've brought this up many times on CDC....no reason at all that it couldn't be done.

Of course, the gun lovers that I was arguing with hated the idea.....I guess it wouldn't allow them to measure their dick size, if they couldn't keep it with them all the time....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I've brought this up many times on CDC....no reason at all that it couldn't be done.

Of course, the gun lovers that I was arguing with hated the idea.....I guess it wouldn't allow them to measure their dick size, if they couldn't keep it with them all the time....

They're still only designed for one purpose and one purpose only.   To kill humans.........obviously it'll never happen, but there's is zero need for those in society.

I've shot many a target, shot trap etc.........with a long gun designed for hunting

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

What a stupid comment.  

1 hour ago, stawns said:

They're still only designed for one purpose and one purpose only.   To kill humans.........obviously it'll never happen, but there's is zero need for those in society.

I've shot many a target, shot trap etc.........with a long gun designed for hunting

Exactly. Very few people need a firearm. Police, military, farmers, hunters, and some others. But the vast majority of gun owners use them like toys. Firearms aren’t toys. They are a tool. We need to change our thinking. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

What a stupid comment.  

Whatever you say....

I've been on CDC and CFF without resorting to calling anyone's comment "stupid". That's probably why I've lasted over 20 years.

Let's see if you can make the same claim, when this is all you've got....

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Whatever you say....

I've been on CDC and CFF without resorting to calling anyone's comment "stupid". That's probably why I've lasted over 20 years.

Let's see if you can make the same claim, when this is all you've got....

I’ve been here since 06 or 07.  
I’ll be fine.  
You might not have called a post stupid, but you have no problem making assumptions about a man’s penis size because they enjoy hunting or target shooting.  
Aren’t you the coolest fucking guy in town.  Hahah

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’ll be fine.  
You might not have called a post stupid, but you have no problem making assumptions about a man’s penis size because they enjoy hunting or target shooting.  

'04 for me... and no,I don't....

23 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

I’ll be fine.  

Disagree without being disagreeable/disrespectful bud. 

Folks are entitled to opinions, whether you agree with them or don’t. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Disagree without being disagreeable/disrespectful bud. 

Folks are entitled to opinions, whether you agree with them or don’t. 

I agree, but let’s not ignore the reason why I said the post was stupid.  (Also, I said the post, not Rup). 
I think the whole ‘he likes guns, he must have a tiny pistol’ is fucking ridiculous.  
Sure, it’s small, but I don’t even own my own guns.  Hahahah

In all seriousness tho, it’s hard to not to shit talk someone that insists on including stuff like that, meant to troll the conversation.    

• Cheers 1

The comments in this thread are appalling. CFF sure shows the dark side of humanity, where everyone is a keyboard warrior and willing to judge others based on their preferences. 

you might not see a need for someone to own an “assault style” (completely made up term) firearm or a handgun….well good for you. Don’t buy one then. But just because you don’t see a reason doesn’t mean someone else can’t see their own reasons for wanting to. There is an entire sport shooting community, collectors, and general enthusiasts….in fact there are tens of thousands of them in Canada (likely 100s of thousands) and guess what!? 99.9% of them are not criminals, they will never use them to harm another human being. They are constantly having their backgrounds ran. The process to possessing firearms in Canada is very intense. The vast majority of guns used in crimes are illegally obtained. 

stop judging people just because they are into things different than you and/or you are giving into the fear mongering. Why do we need guns? Why do we need fast cars (they kill - why not just Prius for everyone), why do we need high sugar foods (they cause poor health), why do we need hockey?! And so on. 

I say everyone needs to leave responsible gun owners alone. Stop attacking them and making it a political wedge issue that is blown out of proportion. 

• Like 1

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

I agree, but let’s not ignore the reason why I said the post was stupid.  (Also, I said the post, not Rup). 
I think the whole ‘he likes guns, he must have a tiny pistol’ is fucking ridiculous.  
Sure, it’s small, but I don’t even own my own guns.  Hahahah

In all seriousness tho, it’s hard to not to shit talk someone that insists on including stuff like that, meant to troll the conversation.    

I hear ya, but ignore it. If it doesn’t jive with you, move on bud. Do you really need the drama? 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hear ya, but ignore it. If it doesn’t jive with you, move on bud. Do you really need the drama? 

CFF is pretty much self regulated compare to CDC (and CDC had its own issues with what was allowed)

if comments made in poor taste are not addressed then things get worse…this goes for both sides (from the peanut gallery) 

ignoring is a good suggestion but only works so often.