[Tentative] Skinner to Edmonton

44 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

trying to outscore their problem? they were one of if not the best defensive teams in the playoff.. their problem was no scoring outside of their top 2. 

Maybe try playing some defence? Maybe I've gone mental.

7 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Maybe try playing some defence? Maybe I've gone mental.

you keep laughing about their defence but pretend they don't have the lowest high danger chance against per game of teams that played more than 6 games in the playoff and the best PK.. pretty impressive for a team that doesn't play "defence"

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

what repeat performance by skinner? u mean sub .900 goaltending in the playoff? oilers shown they can win even with skinner being trash

That was Skinner playing over his head.  The shooter tutor is an upgrade over the AHL trash Edmonton has in net.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

what repeat performance by skinner? u mean sub .900 goaltending in the playoff? oilers shown they can win even with skinner being trash

Yeah that was him at his best, he’s not likely repeating that and they have Delia and Pickard as a back up plan 😂

Arvi and Skinner are legit, so Edmonton has a strong top-9 forwards (much better than this recent playoff).

If their d and g hold up, they can go back to the Cup

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Prison. I'm a C/O.

Skinner is slang for pedo.

So obviously, when I hear that name, I cant help but think... 'yikes'

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. Thank you for doing what you do. It can't be easy. 

• Cheers 3

43 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

you keep laughing about their defence but pretend they don't have the lowest high danger chance against per game of teams that played more than 6 games in the playoff and the best PK.. pretty impressive for a team that doesn't play "defence"

Whose defence would you rather have? Edmonton's or ours? I figure this is a valid question.

1 hour ago, gwarrior said:

Whose defence would you rather have? Edmonton's or ours? I figure this is a valid question.

last playoff? prolly ours? right now i don't think we are that much ahead of them losing lindholm zadorov and cole. right now you are just assuming everything is perfect and every single player we brought in will fit like a glove and have chemistry up and down the lineup. not much changed in edmonton other than they added a skinner and avidsson for offense. if things works out? we are prolly around the same as last season defensively? if things works out for edmonton? then they are prolly even stronger offensively and spend 75% of the game in the other teams defensive zone instead of 2/3?

23 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

last playoff? prolly ours? right now i don't think we are that much ahead of them losing lindholm zadorov and cole. right now you are just assuming everything is perfect and every single player we brought in will fit like a glove and have chemistry up and down the lineup. not much changed in edmonton other than they added a skinner and avidsson for offense. if things works out? we are prolly around the same as last season defensively? if things works out for edmonton? then they are prolly even stronger offensively and spend 75% of the game in the other teams defensive zone instead of 2/3?

Exhale before you turn purple. It was a fucking joke about their defence.

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tocc probably wouldn’t.

Cant have another Kuzy situation.

Its clear what mould of player he wants.

Mmm, he'd be the only forward of that ilk up front, I think it could have worked.

Be nice to have another top six guy with Boeser, Miller, Pettersson, and DeBrusk. 

May be able to yet though, not a whole lot of cap left. 

Tarasenko, Sprong, Roslovic, Tatar, Atkinson, maybe Zadina or Yamamoto.. 

Few others, but it's slim pickings as far as remaining offensive players go. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Mmm, he'd be the only forward of that ilk up front, I think it could have worked.

Be nice to have another top six guy with Boeser, Miller, Pettersson, and DeBrusk. 

May be able to yet though, not a whole lot of cap left. 

Tarasenko, Sprong, Roslovic, Tatar, Atkinson, maybe Zadina or Yamamoto.. 

Few others, but it's slim pickings as far as remaining offensive players go. 

Tarasenko, Roslovic, and Atkinson are the only Toc players I see there.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Tarasenko, Roslovic, and Atkinson are the only Toc players I see there.

Roslovic would be fine, it's doubtful we can afford Tarasenko. 

With the players we signed, even Debrusk, it's clear defensively inept players aren't high on the list of players we're after. Skinner is a ghost defensively and is non existent on the forecheck. Say what you will about Debrusk, but like Boeser he was a late bloomer defensively. We can at least use Debrusk on the PK if need be. And I trust our secondary scoring in the form of the 3rd line. It's the 2nd line that worries me, and Skinner isn't that guy imo.

5 hours ago, Wing said:

Hate to say this but makes sense. Have a chance to finally play a playoff game and get to play with McDavid. 

Unless there's a thing as a Skinner Curse 🙈

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Skinner and Arvidsson are really nice secondary scoring. Defense if Broberg can step it up. Goaltender Skinner still sucks though, may be they can make a trade at TDL. 

Edited by Drakrami

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Prison. I'm a C/O.

Skinner is slang for pedo.

So obviously, when I hear that name, I cant help but think... 'yikes'

2 of my good buddies are C/O's also..although I think one of them doesn't do shit cause he's always posting crap on FB, Interesting stories when we all get together for beers nonetheless.

• Cheers 1