Arshdeep Bains | #80 | LW

Jess

1 hour ago, WillisD said:

I hope Arshie gets some game play but doesn't sound like it. Such a great story. Never gives up. Way to go Arshdeep! We are all behind you. 

He'll get some games, Joshua is out for awhile

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Probably laff.,.........somewhere along the way Bains will get a game or two in

Bains reminds me a lot of Burrows. Once he gets an opportunity he might impress so much he sticks. Super high iq player with a natural compete. Add in some skill and decent size and that’s a player. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, AAA said:

Two losses in a row

Time for Bains to get a look? He can help out on PK as well

Maybe for one of PDG/ Lafferty/ Mikheyev?  Probably could at least keep up with them if not contribute more.

• Like 2

@spook007 and I were chatting about this the other day so I looked into it. My Ideal lineup with Bains while Dak is out.

Roll 4 lines.

Suter Miller Brock has been our most effective top line more effective than the lotto line. They have an 80% goals for ratio playing hard matchups with 12gf and only 3ga. 

Laff Pete Mik has been by a long shot the best combination with Pete 

PDG Blueger Garly I've always thought of frozen pizza as filler food in this case he's filling in for Dak. It's not as good as mommas cooking, but it'll do. 

Hog Lindy Bains  Hoglander is a snipe machine 2nd in the league in G/60 5v5. Bains is the purest playmaker we have in the system. Seems like a match made in heaven Lindholm is the perfect vet to mentor these 2. In my opinion, this lineup will dominate weaker opponents and punish any team that attempts line match against us. Now I know most of you are going to advocate for the Swede line and you're not wrong they are scoring at a high clip, but in reality Laff Pete Mik G%85.7 has been more effective than Hogs Pete Lindy G%71.4 I know it's a small sample size but I think there is greater benifit to spreading out the scoring especially when you look at how Mik has turned every other line he's been a part of into a black hole except when he's been paired with Pete Lafferty. 

image.thumb.png.9bf98c96999c76180f961dde7a7e03f8.png

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, Hammertime said:

@spook007 and I were chatting about this the other day so I looked into it. My Ideal lineup with Bains while Dak is out.

Roll 4 lines.

Suter Miller Brock has been our most effective top line more effective than the lotto line. They have an 80% goals for ratio playing hard matchups with 12gf and only 3ga. 

Laff Pete Mik has been by a long shot the best combination with Pete 

PDG Blueger Garly I've always thought of frozen pizza as filler food in this case he's filling in for Dak. It's not as good as mommas cooking, but it'll do. 

Hog Lindy Bains  Hoglander is a snipe machine 2nd in the league in G/60 5v5. Bains is the purest playmaker we have in the system. Seems like a match made in heaven Lindholm is the perfect vet to mentor these 2. In my opinion, this lineup will dominate weaker opponents and punish any team that attempts line match against us. Now I know most of you are going to advocate for the Swede line and you're not wrong they are scoring at a high clip, but in reality Laff Pete Mik G%85.7 has been more effective than Hogs Pete Lindy G%71.4 I know it's a small sample size but I think there is greater benifit to spreading out the scoring especially when you look at how Mik has turned every other line he's been a part of into a black hole except when he's been paired with Pete Lafferty. 

image.thumb.png.9bf98c96999c76180f961dde7a7e03f8.png

Interesting call. Can swap Suter for Lindholm, if we want to load up on the Miller line...

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I wasn't able to watch last night, was tied up in meetings. How did Bains look in his first game?

I thought he looked great.

Way better than I thought he would do.

Took a bad tripping penalty but other than that he didn’t look lost out there at all. He kept up with the pace. Made some nice behind the net passes to the front of the net. No one could finish his set ups. I feel like guys were generally surprised he was hitting on the tape in some busy areas. His passing/playmaking is something we don’t talk about much.

He’s good on the forecheck too. Was pissing Colorado players off lol.

He played so good against a top team I don’t wanna see him come out of the line up. I want to see more. And am curious is he had better linemates with more finish to their game he could have got some points.

I really want to see him with Miller and Boeser! Drop Sutr down to play with Blue and Gar. That’s a pesky 3rd line

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, GuyLafleur10 said:

He didn't look out of place and made a couple of good offensive plays.  Only thing I noticed that would concern me is his first few strides but once he gets going, he has good speed.  Small sample but hope he gets more chances with the big club.

His acceleration has always been a knock against him. I think the hope has been that it would improve after time with the development coaches. I missed the game, but sounds like he's left a good first impression and that his slower acceleration had minimal impact.

• Cheers 2

• Jess changed the title to Arshdeep Bains | #80 | LW

He made a lot of smart plays 

you can see why he is having success at ahl and why he was called up to nhl 

he was pretty calm out there 

majority of times he touched the puck he made the right decision 

simple smart plays 

a couple beauty plays behind AVS net and set of Bluegger x 2 plus that two on one he had where he tried to go pass then tapped the puck out of the air on to the goal 

he played over 13 min 

he was in Joshua’s spot 

he looked good there 

to really solidify a bottom 6 role he needs to work on his explosiveness and speed 

up his physicality a bit and I didn’t really see him to do anything awesome defensively but overall a great start and offensively you wonder if some day he could develop into a top 6 winger as the best part of his game from what I saw were his offensive instincts and his hands 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

He made a lot of smart plays 

you can see why he is having success at ahl and why he was called up to nhl 

he was pretty calm out there 

majority of times he touched the puck he made the right decision 

simple smart plays 

a couple beauty plays behind AVS net and set of Bluegger x 2 plus that two on one he had where he tried to go pass then tapped the puck out of the air on to the goal 

he played over 13 min 

he was in Joshua’s spot 

he looked good there 

to really solidify a bottom 6 role he needs to work on his explosiveness and speed 

up his physicality a bit and I didn’t really see him to do anything awesome defensively but overall a great start and offensively you wonder if some day he could develop into a top 6 winger as the best part of his game from what I saw were his offensive instincts and his hands 

Well, he was skating on Miller's wing in practice today, so it looks like he's getting top 6 mins tonight!

Thought his game after watching him with Flow and JTM vs the Kraken was pretty good. Bains be legit NHL caliber for sure. As far as I'm concerned, he's the definitive #1 forward depth guy from the farm over Karlsson. You could argue that Podz be that guy, but we all know that Podz was always in the plan to return full time with the big club.

Let the kid play, man!

• chaos 1