The 2024-25 Canucks

KesLord

On 7/4/2024 at 7:14 AM, Boudrias said:

I share your concern with the d-core. I will not be surprised to see RT experiment with Hronek and Hughes split. I can see a Hronek - Soucy pair but do not know who goes to 1RD. So much tell in the pre-season this year. 

Debrusk and Hogs on Petey's wings. This could be an explosive line. Both wingers could be + 30 goal scorers. If Mik had scored on a quarter of his looks last season the ozone game would have looked totally different. Petey lost confidence and was 2nd guessing his game but I put some of that on Mik's lack of scoring. There will be a lot more compete in camp and in pre-season so we could see some surprises up front and on the back end. 

Petey needs wingers that is priority 1,2,3. He is way to talented and have invested to much money with him playing along side a half dozen or more mediocre wingers through the season. 

He is our McDavid/Mathews/Mackinnon, etc. Yes Debrusk would fit better with miller and brock, but we we MUST give Petey consistent productive winger(s). In a perfect world another tweek to the defence would be great, but as is its still winnable. Having Petey not being able to do what he is capable to due to lack of talent on his line is not winable, nor acceptable. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/4/2024 at 4:07 AM, DexM94 said:

I really want to try Joshua at C. 

that allows us to explore a Suter trade and free up 1.6 more, which, along with the 2.5M from the IR, give us 4.1 M to sign the top 6 winger we need.

let say :

XXX Miller Boeser

DeBrusk Petey Hoglander
Heinen Joshua Garland
Sherwood Blueger Podkozlin
PdG

Meanwhile, It s time to invest into our 10th overall pick and put him in a place he could show what he can do…

Podkolzin Miller Boeser

DeBrusk Petey Hoglander

Heinen Joshua Garland

Sherwood Blueger PdG 

Aman

Suter traded.

You would trade Suter and keep PDG????Change sport bro

2 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Tommy working on things early I see..

Fun to do lines even early. Just put this in the Debrusk thread, but if we made lines by rank in position:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petey - Gnarly

Hogs - Blueger - Heinen

Podz - Suter - Sherwood

6 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

No way should we trade Suter. He is that player that could win the unsung hero award, and at his price tag he is an absolute steal. Don't just look at his point total, look at all the other intangibles he does as well. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

thanks for the advice. let see : 

regular season 

Suter 67 14 15 29 1038(TOI). Point / Minutes on ice : 0.0279, for 1.600.000$, on a line with MILLER and BOESER

PdG 51 5 5 10 617(TOI). Point / Minutes on ice : 0.016 for 775.000$, on a line with AMAN and whoever is on 4th line

Suter is paid 2.06 more than PdG, but produce 1.18 more, while be on the FIRST LINE and PdG on the FOURTH.

In Playoffs, its even more obvious 
image.png.4ca998f46fd74d9997ccc853eb9647bf.png

P/TOI in Playoffs : 

Suter: 0.016 with Fisrt line assignement

PdG : 0.017 with Fourth line assignement

in this playoffs, PdG=Suter. 

Now, don't get me wrong : I can see Suter performs very well on the fourth line. But if you want to create cap space, you trade Suter first. 

do i still need to change sport ? 

Edited by DexM94

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vancan said:

No way should we trade Suter. He is that player that could win the unsung hero award, and at his price tag he is an absolute steal. Don't just look at his point total, look at all the other intangibles he does as well. 

not agree, i counted way too much times he missed at close range that have costed us some key goals.
he s a miscast in the first line. 
he could do wonders on the fourth where he belongs, and this was for this assignement he was signed

Edited by DexM94

1 hour ago, DexM94 said:

not agree, i counted way too much times he missed at close range that have costed us some key goals.
he s a miscast in the first line. 
he could do wonders on the fourth where he belongs, and this was for this assignement he was signed

He was signed and announced by management as the teams 3rd line C as well as someone they can move around the lineup.

He is a battler and contributing a great deal on Miller's line. People just like to focus on the misses and chances that didn't go in completely ignoring he was extremely well positioned to get and create those chances.

Hope he gets an extension after this season.

2 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

ignoring he was extremely well positioned to get and create those chances.

wow, we should clap him to be what or where is suppose to be ? and finally misses ? 
sorry, i hope he'll let his place, i'm not happy by this signing at all. Blueger and him is one too much. and i prefer Blueger.  

8 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Fun to do lines even early. Just put this in the Debrusk thread, but if we made lines by rank in position:

DeBrusk - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Petey - Gnarly

Hogs - Blueger - Heinen

Podz - Suter - Sherwood

That first line of yours could conceivably be the best in the league. Awesome.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DexM94 said:

thanks for the advice. let see : 

regular season 

Suter 67 14 15 29 1038(TOI). Point / Minutes on ice : 0.0279, for 1.600.000$, on a line with MILLER and BOESER

PdG 51 5 5 10 617(TOI). Point / Minutes on ice : 0.016 for 775.000$, on a line with AMAN and whoever is on 4th line

Suter is paid 2.06 more than PdG, but produce 1.18 more, while be on the FIRST LINE and PdG on the FOURTH.

In Playoffs, its even more obvious 
image.png.4ca998f46fd74d9997ccc853eb9647bf.png

P/TOI in Playoffs : 

Suter: 0.016 with Fisrt line assignement

PdG : 0.017 with Fourth line assignement

in this playoffs, PdG=Suter. 

Now, don't get me wrong : I can see Suter performs very well on the fourth line. But if you want to create cap space, you trade Suter first. 

do i still need to change sport ? 

You want to create cap space????Garland.Nice numbers game thou.PDG is AHl player.Nothing more.What is that you want to do?Clear money,or win something????

Edited by Lemon Face

6 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

You want to create cap space????Garland.Nice numbers game thou.PDG is AHl player.Nothing more.What is that you want to do?Clear money,or win something????

Please stop trading Garland like the last off-season. 
You win games with Garland’s profil. 

if you replace Garland you create a hole elsewhere in the roster, which is not the case with the ultra replaceable Suter. And that free up 1.6M and not the useless 775K with PDG. 

2 hours ago, DexM94 said:

Please stop trading Garland like the last off-season. 
You win games with Garland’s profil. 

if you replace Garland you create a hole elsewhere in the roster, which is not the case with the ultra replaceable Suter. And that free up 1.6M and not the useless 775K with PDG. 

With Garland gone you got 5 mill cap space,instead of Suter 1.6 mill.I an using your logic.You want to trade good player to save 800 000????/That is the difference between Suter and PDG financially.I badly want to understand you, but cant.Sorry.BTW Garland is not magic man.There are young talented cheep players waiting in line.5 mil on third line is no bueno amigo.

5 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

With Garland gone you got 5 mill cap space,instead of Suter 1.6 mill.I an using your logic.You want to trade good player to save 800 000????/That is the difference between Suter and PDG financially.I badly want to understand you, but cant.Sorry.BTW Garland is not magic man.There are young talented cheep players waiting in line.5 mil on third line is no bueno amigo.

You have to fill some spot with league minimum. 
if you want to save some cap pieces here and there to make a significant amount, Suter is the prime target.

Well, we re not agree, that’s fair, we all want our team to succeed. I don t think Suter will be traded, but I hope at least he will go down to the 4th line and become a pricey 4C, but a really good one. 
but if we can grab a real top 6, I will let him go in the second. 

33 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

You have to fill some spot with league minimum. 
if you want to save some cap pieces here and there to make a significant amount, Suter is the prime target.

Well, we re not agree, that’s fair, we all want our team to succeed. I don t think Suter will be traded, but I hope at least he will go down to the 4th line and become a pricey 4C, but a really good one. 
but if we can grab a real top 6, I will let him go in the second. 

Getting another top 6 is another story.All bets are off.

2 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

You still on that Alf?  We need Garland.  

Garland for Nescas. Canes owner gets the cheaper (after Nescas gets his next contract) player. And, yes, Garlsnd is a good player. But Nescas has a higher ceiling. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Garland for Nescas. Canes owner gets the cheaper (after Nescas gets his next contract) player. And, yes, Garlsnd is a good player. But Nescas has a higher ceiling. 

Necas-Petey-Lekkerimaki

Miller-DeBrusk-Boeser

That's worth moving Garland+ for.

• Like 1

How things have changed from only 2-3 years ago

2021/22 vs 2024/25

Coaches Green and Boudreau vs Coach Tocchet

A/Coaches Baumgartner, Shaw and King vs A/Coaches Foote, Gonchar and Yogi

Gone  -  New Since

Horvat  -  DeBrusk

Pearson  -  Joshua

Motte  -  Heinen