The 2024-25 Canucks

KesLord

September is officially upon us. The kids are back in school, vacation time is over, and Vancouver Canucks training camp is just two weeks away from kicking off in Penticton

As a result, Canucks players are back on the ice, and unlike in years’ past, they’ve been using the ice at Rogers Arena rather than a local rink such as 8 Rinks in Burnaby or out at UBC. These skates were closed to media and the public as the players prepared for camp, but today, the players hit the ice out at UBC with P!nk in concert at Rogers Arena tomorrow. Sportsnet 650’s Brendan Batchelor chronicled the skates over on Twitter. Here are the main updates.
As expected, Thatcher Demko didn’t skate with the group. CHEK TV’s Rick Dhaliwal reported earlier this week that Demko is skating, which is a good sign, but when the Canucks’ starting netminder will actually be ready to return to full practices remains to be seen. There was some positive goaltending news from the day, however, as Arturs Silovs was one of three goaltenders — Jiri Patera and Nikita Tolopilo the others — on the ice with new Canucks goaltending coach Marko Torenius.

Silovs was held off of Latvia’s Olympic qualifying roster with what the team called knee inflammation, but Silovs was set to visit with Canucks medical staff yesterday to get his knee examined. The fact he’s on the ice today is certainly a good sign.
The Canucks’ new skills and skating coach Jason Krog is running the informal skate. Krog has run informal skates for the players in the past, even when he wasn’t a member of the Canucks’ organization.
Here’s a list of the 17 skaters who attended today, according to Batchelor:
Höglander, Friedman, Karlsson, Åman, Bains, Hronek, Juulsen, Soucy, Sprong, Miller, Boeser, Pettersson, DeBrusk, Heinen, Myers, Wolanin, Forbort.
Canucks training camp gets underway on Thursday, September 19th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Like 1

I'm on a roll here....

ALSO of note and great celebration! I am going to the home opener AND the game on October 11th!!

Because my friends are just the very best. Happy birthday TO ME!!

• Cheers 2