Canucks Cap Projections to 2026/27

HKSR

So the dust has settled.  What does our cap situation look like moving into OEL's worst buyout years? 

They look fantastic.  Really well done by PA/JR with these short term deals that maintain so much flexibility moving forward. 

It's very likely that Willander, Lekkerimaki, Raty, etc make their appearance in 2 years time.  Leaves us a LOT of cap space to re-sign Boeser, as well as Demko in 3 years. 

If this core group clicks, we will be very competitive for several more years.

image.thumb.png.b54e42484eccbd286c102fac8cd312e3.png

• Thanks 3

Funny thing is I was looking at this recently.

Couple things I noticed where

1) the Canucks will be in a great position to re-sign Hughes in 3 years with OEL buyout cost dropping 2.6 million

2) Boeser is going to be in the range of 8-9 million if he scores 40 again or more. It will depend on what his assist total is if he is at the 80-90 point range 8-9 mill for sure. He is younger then Miller and the Cap will be much Higher then when Miller signed.

3) You have Demko at 9 I like that Number but if they have deep runs into the Playoffs with him in net that could easily drive his number to 10 million.

If the Cap goes up the next 3 years by 3 million each year it will be at 97 million

11.6 for EP40

8.00 for Miller

8.5 for Boeser

10 for Demko

12 for Hughes

7.25 Hronak 

5.50 Debrusk

3.25 Joshua 

= 66.100 million for 8 players or 68% of the Cap.

29 mill for the remaining 15 players or 1.9333 mill per player. Hoglander is still not re-signed in this scenario nor de we have a 3rd or 4th defensemen. 

Conclusion 3 years from now Canucks will still be in Cap hell. The Canucks need to stop trading their 1st and 2nd round draft picks (we need cheap ELC to fill the roster). But the window is now so the future is going to be compromised. More so the 1 major thing that this UFA season showed is the Canucks are trading at least their 1st rounder to improve their defensive depth or top 6 forward group prior to or at the trade deadline.

11 hours ago, Tocchet.A.Hockey.God said:

Funny thing is I was looking at this recently.

Couple things I noticed where

1) the Canucks will be in a great position to re-sign Hughes in 3 years with OEL buyout cost dropping 2.6 million

2) Boeser is going to be in the range of 8-9 million if he scores 40 again or more. It will depend on what his assist total is if he is at the 80-90 point range 8-9 mill for sure. He is younger then Miller and the Cap will be much Higher then when Miller signed.

3) You have Demko at 9 I like that Number but if they have deep runs into the Playoffs with him in net that could easily drive his number to 10 million.

If the Cap goes up the next 3 years by 3 million each year it will be at 97 million

11.6 for EP40

8.00 for Miller

8.5 for Boeser

10 for Demko

12 for Hughes

7.25 Hronak 

5.50 Debrusk

3.25 Joshua 

= 66.100 million for 8 players or 68% of the Cap.

29 mill for the remaining 15 players or 1.9333 mill per player. Hoglander is still not re-signed in this scenario nor de we have a 3rd or 4th defensemen. 

Conclusion 3 years from now Canucks will still be in Cap hell. The Canucks need to stop trading their 1st and 2nd round draft picks (we need cheap ELC to fill the roster). But the window is now so the future is going to be compromised. More so the 1 major thing that this UFA season showed is the Canucks are trading at least their 1st rounder to improve their defensive depth or top 6 forward group prior to or at the trade deadline.

At the very least, Raty, Lekkerimaki, and Willander should be on the main roster by then.