[proposal] Sign Roslovic and Boqvist

I think this would be an opportune time to buy low, while meeting team needs with both Roslovic and Boqvist.

Roslovic is RH center man that is 6’1, 198lb. At 27 years old he had 31 points in 59 games last season, and 8 points in 16 games in the playoffs. Getting another right-handed Center gives us so many more options. He could slot in between Garland and Joshua for a dominant 3rd line.

Boqvist is a RH offensive defenseman that is 23 years old. Had 10 points in 35 games this year. But could be a great option as the 6th/7th dman as he still has some upside.

We have too many RHDs for it to make sense to get Boqvist. Hronek, Myers, Desharnais, Juulsen, and Friedman. Roslovic is certainly intriguing. 

Heinen Miller Boeser

Debrusk Pete Hoglander

Joshua Roslovic Garland

Suter Blueger Sherwood

Podkolzin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AK-19 said:

We have too many RHDs for it to make sense to get Boqvist. Hronek, Myers, Desharnais, Juulsen, and Friedman. Roslovic is certainly intriguing. 

Heinen Miller Boeser

Debrusk Pete Hoglander

Joshua Roslovic Garland

Suter Blueger Sherwood

Podkolzin

I agree with both. That lineup looks deadly 

On 7/2/2024 at 10:54 AM, Petey O said:

Boqvist is terrible at fundamental defense and is one of the softest players in the league. Hard no.

Not disagreeing with anything that you said, its probably bang on. However, he's a skilled RD young defenseman who was a high 1st round pick a few years ago. IF we could sign him for 850k -  900k on a 1 year, show me deal and have Foote and Gonchar spend some time with him, it doesn't specifically hurt us. If he can't make it in our top 8 defensemen in camp, he gets waived and either claimed or sent to Abbotsford. If he winds up in Abbotsford, it gives us a year to work with him and see if his career can be turned around. If that fails, we don't qualify him next season and move on.

If he gets injured in camp, he gives us more LTIR that we can manipulate.

IMO, really low risk, possibility for really good reward.

I'm kind of surprised no one has done that yet, but he might be holding out for something closer to 2 million and it might take him a little more time to figure out that there's a reason that Columbus bought him out. No one would take a chance on him at 2.6 million.

• Like 1

Boqvist is still pretty young! His injury history has been pretty unfortunate which could be a factor in his slow development. I’d take a gamble in his low risk high reward! Also hope we’re looking at Sprong if he’s signing a Pius Suter type contract!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1