[TRADE] Mathieu Joseph to St. Louis

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Wait what?  Was this considered a cap dump?  What is OTT doing??  35pts for $2.95M is more than fair for cap value.

Just now, HKSR said:

Wait what?  Was this considered a cap dump?  What is OTT doing??  35pts for $2.95M is more than fair for cap value.

Opening up space for Pinto?

Just now, Coconuts said:

Maybe... but that surprises me that there was no taker for Joseph without a sweetener. 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Maybe... but that surprises me that there was no taker for Joseph without a sweetener. 

Agreed, but it's probably a low pick 

Interesting moves by the Blues

Funnily enough Chychrun and Joseph I traded in NHL 24. The cap structure they have is kinda cheeks. So it makes sense to move both. Keeps Pinto around and lets you add other pieces. Although I thought Pinto asked for a trade and said he wasn't going to re-sign, but that might just be Robertson in Toronto that I for some reason also include Pinto in. Lol. Either way, it is weird that they needed to add. Joseph is a perfectly serviceable player at 2.9mil per. If we didn't sign Heinen this trade would have been great for us. More picks to give away later. I wonder how long they been working on a trade for him. I am guessing interest dried up after all of July 1st's action. We could have been interested if we didn't already sign Heinen for instance.

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Wasn't Pinto wanting a trade, and inviting an offer sheet? Maybe they're trading his rights for a player or 2 under contract.

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Wasn't Pinto wanting a trade, and inviting an offer sheet? Maybe they're trading his rights for a player or 2 under contract.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

• Elias Pettersson changed the title to [TRADE] Mathieu Joseph to St. Louis
2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed, but it's probably a low pick 

Interesting moves by the Blues

3rd round pick is pretty hefty for a player that played to his cap hit cost...

• Upvote 1