(Proposal) Ottawa- Vancouver

sign Besser 7x8mil and trade to Ottawa for Pinto and 2025 first.

make 6.65mil cap room

sign PInto 2.5 milx2

sign Daniel Sprong 3mil x2 

Pinto can be a second line c

and Sprong can be top w.

Posted (edited)

I can't see Ottawa having any interest in that for several reasons 

1) Boeser is 27. That deal would take him to 34 and likely wouldn't age well

2) This past season was likely an outlier for Boeser.  He scored at over 20% efficiency. He most likely won't be able to replicate that.  He'll still be a big contributer, but if you're basing his value on a 40 goal season it's not a strong foundation.  He's not a big playmaker. 

3) Ottawa's 1st is likely to be a top 10 pick, potentially top 5 or better.  It's incredibly valuable.

4) Pinto is a very good young player. He has significant value on his own. 

Edit : I see that Pinto just signed a 2 year $3.5m AAV deal.   So you can probably forget this altogether 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

2) This past season was likely an outlier for Boeser.  He scored at over 20% efficiency. He most likely won't be able to replicate that.  He'll still be a big contributer, but if you're basing his value on a 40 goal season it's not a strong foundation.  He's not a big playmaker. 

3) Ottawa's 1st is likely to be a top 10 pick, potentially top 5 or better.  It's incredibly valuable.

Edit : I see that Pinto just signed a 2 year $3.5m AAV deal.   So you can probably forget this altogether 

Brock's playmaking abilities gets overlooked.    No he's not a "big" playmaker, he's also not a Cy Young candidate either.    30/30 - 35/35  is a reasonable  expectation as far as his peak goes.    That puts him in legit top line territory over the next five years or so.    No it likely won't age well the final years of the deal, which goes the same for  most players.   60-70 points is a reasonable expectation, also expect he just had his career year.    What the Canucks decide to do with Brock is one of the next big decisions.   

• Cheers 1

As we still have cap issue, unload Besser, add a young Pinto like player cheap and add another D depth, would make this team more complete.

23 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

9 hours ago, IBatch said:

Brock's playmaking abilities gets overlooked.    No he's not a "big" playmaker, he's also not a Cy Young candidate either.    30/30 - 35/35  is a reasonable  expectation as far as his peak goes.    That puts him in legit top line territory over the next five years or so.    No it likely won't age well the final years of the deal, which goes the same for  most players.   60-70 points is a reasonable expectation, also expect he just had his career year.    What the Canucks decide to do with Brock is one of the next big decisions.   

Yup, I will be pleasantly shocked if Boeser puts up another 40 goal season.  Much more realistic is a 30 goal season and around 60 to 65 points.  That doesn't scream $8M to me, but some might argue otherwise.  Personally I think his next deal will be under $8M.  Something like $7.5M x 8.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yup, I will be pleasantly shocked if Boeser puts up another 40 goal season.  Much more realistic is a 30 goal season and around 60 to 65 points.  That doesn't scream $8M to me, but some might argue otherwise.  Personally I think his next deal will be under $8M.  Something like $7.5M x 8.

Guentzel got his contract.   Skinner got his.   Something in between is my guess.   So pretty much bang on.   Skinners last deal should be a bit of a lesson on former calder winner/finalist's who have a career year just before UFA.    Personally am 100% in Brock's corner.   Hope he follows up with a similar season, and also think what you said is fair. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/2/2024 at 12:26 PM, Tank said:

sign Besser 7x8mil and trade to Ottawa for Pinto and 2025 first.

make 6.65mil cap room

sign PInto 2.5 milx2

sign Daniel Sprong 3mil x2 

Pinto can be a second line c

and Sprong can be top w.

We already have Petey and Miller at centre, Pinto would be a 3C here.  We can't afford to take away Miler's wingman for a 3C and a 1st.  Makes no sense.  We are better off looking for a legit 3C who can get 30-35 points and play a great two way game.  Not sure Pinto is that guy.  I like Colton Sissons from Nashville.  He'd be a perfect right shot 3C on this team...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

17 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We already have Petey and Miller at centre, Pinto would be a 3C here.  We can't afford to take away Miler's wingman for a 3C and a 1st.  Makes no sense.  We are better off looking for a legit 3C who can get 30-35 points and play a great two way game.  Not sure Pinto is that guy.  I like Colton Sissons from Nashville.  He'd be a perfect right shot 3C on this team...

I don’t want to make this deal, but I really don’t like Petey as a center.

On 7/3/2024 at 3:10 PM, Tank said:

As we still have cap issue, unload Besser, add a young Pinto like player cheap and add another D depth, would make this team more complete.

Pinto + Zub would be ideal