[Signing] Buchnevich signs 6x8M

4 minutes ago, PavelB said:

Is Brock going to get traded? 8 million is a lot to give...it's painful to even consider.

I think 8M will be the ceiling for Brock.. no more than JT.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

To think this guy will now get paid as much as JT Miller, it's a joke. Canucks are so lucky to have Miller for years to come at only $8!

I still think they should be trying to cap dump him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

I guarantee that Brock will take a discount he's mentioned multiple times how much he doesn't want to get traded and the team stuck by him, I think he will take that in to consideration.

I think they find a way to keep him, I wouldn't be shocked to see him come in at close to Miller's 8M, maybe a bit more.

Folks gotta remember that Miller signed his deal in September 2022, the cap outlook will be quite different when Brock's deal is up at the end of the season. 

8M simply won't be what it used to be in terms of cap percentage. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think so, particularly if he puts up 30-40 goals 

Brocks already at 6.65M though, so 8M really isn't that big a jump considering how the cap will keep rising 

I think folks are gonna have to get used to the numbers getting bigger at a much faster rate now that we're seeing cap jumps again, that's if this year's free agency is anything to go off of

I think I (we) need to condition our brains to look at these deals based on % of cap and not AAV anymore.  GMs and agents have been there for a while now I think.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I think I (we) need to condition our brains to look at these deals based on % of cap and not AAV anymore.  GMs and agents have been there for a while now I think.  

Probably, I think some folks just see the numbers and their brains are like "what the fuck" when the numbers just don't equate to the same cap percentage as the cap jumps. 

The dollars are just going to keep getting bigger for higher tier players as the cap rises, they always have. 

13 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I guarantee that Brock will take a discount he's mentioned multiple times how much he doesn't want to get traded and the team stuck by him, I think he will take that in to consideration.

There's no loyalty in business,  just ask this guy:

Game Over Sport GIF by Twitter

23 minutes ago, Esmond said:

I think 8M will be the ceiling for Brock.. no more than JT.

That's not really how it works in a rising CAP market,

It goes by market conditions and comparables at the time a new contract is signed.

JT signed his contract 2 years ago.  

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think they find a way to keep him, I wouldn't be shocked to see him come in at close to Miller's 8M, maybe a bit more.

Folks gotta remember that Miller signed his deal in September 2022, the cap outlook will be quite different when Brock's deal is up at the end of the season. 

8M simply won't be what it used to be in terms of cap percentage. 

Especially for 40 goal scorers...god forbid he closes in on 45-50 this season. 

I mean you REALLY wanna see it....you just don't wanna pay for it. LOL 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

Especially for 40 goal scorers...god forbid he closes in on 45-50 this season. 

I mean you REALLY wanna see it....you just don't wanna pay for it. LOL 

Basically, but on the other hand the cost of success is having to pay guys and I think most of us would prefer to make the playoffs regularly 

The downside is guys get paid based on individual and team success whether you win the cup or not, and good teams tend to lose talent, which is what we just saw from Carolina and Florida 

40 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

Brock gonna get paid.... 

Love Brock and hope he continues last year's results but I think Brock go bye bye then. Mgmt has set the bar now with a majority of their signings. I see a longer term deal at $7Mx5ish or they move on.