[Signing] Tampa signs Atkinson

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Wow... $900k?  That could pay off for them.  All he really needs to do is hit about 15 to 20 points and it'll be worth it lol

Bargain shopping to fill out their lineup 

5.7M left for 4 roster spots 

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Bargain shopping to fill out their lineup 

5.7M left for 4 roster spots 

Even with Guentzel, I gotta think TBL is a weaker team now.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Even with Guentzel, I gotta think TBL is a weaker team now.

Their forward depth is pretty lousy, and I'm not sure they can count on Paul to hit 46 points again. After Kucherov, Guentzel, Point, Cirelli, and Hagel there's a big drop off. 

Geekie was a good get but he's proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level, maybe he makes their depth look better sooner than later but there's no guarantee he's a top six forward next season. 

Moser was a solid get too, but Hedman ain't getting any younger and Hedman, Cernak, McDonagh, and Moser probably isn't as top tier as it might once have been. McDonagh is 35, Hedman will be 34 in December. 

It just seems like Tampa's trying to fight the inevitable. 

7 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Their forward depth is pretty lousy, and I'm not sure they can count on Paul to hit 46 points again. After Kucherov, Guentzel, Point, Cirelli, and Hagel there's a big drop off. 

Geekie was a good get but he's proven absolutely nothing at the NHL level, maybe he makes their depth look better sooner than later but there's no guarantee he's a top six forward next season. 

Moser was a solid get too, but Hedman ain't getting any younger and Hedman, Cernak, McDonagh, and Moser probably isn't as top tier as it might once have been. McDonagh is 35, Hedman will be 34 in December. 

That's totally what it feels like.  I guess they can't mail it in when Kucherov is still among the top players in the world right now. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

losing sergachev gonna hurt them

I do think JG is a stammer upgrade now and for the duration of the stamps contract signed but Geekie is going to have to be a big hit for them to make this trade not suck as Sergachev is a tough guy to replace and like you said, Hedman isn't getting younger.

• Cheers 1