[Speculation] Stan Bowman Linked to Oilers' Vacant GM Position

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe Graham James can coach the AHL team.

He’s hosting the Oilers rookie camp after party in his hotel room 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 2

16 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

When I heard that Bowman and Quenville are being reinstated I was like Edmonton is gonna go for Bowman and I was right. I called it. Absolutely disgusting classless organization.

Yup.  Wonder how those who were defending the Oilers and their character issues are going to spin this one.  @Dumb Nuck, got an explanation for this one?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Yup.  Wonder how those who were defending the Oilers and their character issues are going to spin this one.  @Dumb Nuck, got an explanation for this one?

Don't be an ass, I preferred the Oilers over the panthers after my team was eliminated, I mean your team state is the home of Trump and you knew it while they were playing, I had no idea about Bowman when I was cheering for the Oilers. To be honest, at this point I do not know of Bowmans involvement in what happened nor what's true about the Oilers wanting to sign him but I will look into both, but if the worst is confirmed I will join the Oilers hating bandwagon. I am also disgusted by your implications, but not surprised, that's just who you are.

9 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Don't be an ass, I preferred the Oilers over the panthers after my team was eliminated, I mean your team state is the home of Trump and you knew it while they were playing, I had no idea about Bowman when I was cheering for the Oilers. To be honest, at this point I do not know of Bowmans involvement in what happened nor what's true about the Oilers wanting to sign him but I will look into both, but if the worst is confirmed I will join the Oilers hating bandwagon. I am also disgusted by your implications, but not surprised, that's just who you are.

After looking into it a bit I would be extremely disappointed if the Oilers even considered him for the position and they would immediately move to the #1 spot on my most hated list. Still doesn't change what I think of you however.

This would be an absolute PR disaster if true. I can't imagine the OIlers fan base would sit well with the decision, unless they care about a cup more than being a decent human being.

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

After looking into it a bit I would be extremely disappointed if the Oilers even considered him for the position and they would immediately move to the #1 spot on my most hated list. Still doesn't change what I think of you however.

My apologies, that's fair and I respect that you'll change your mind on the organization based on this.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Wing said:

This would be an absolute PR disaster if true. I can't imagine the OIlers fan base would sit well with the decision, unless they care about a cup more than being a decent human being.

Personally I like to look into things I hear and I could not find any positive feedback from any Oilers fans if this hiring was true, on a whole they seem to be quite disgusted by the thought. I still have hope that this is just a huge BS story because I find it hard to believe anyone would actually hire him. If it turns out to be true I will feel sad for their fans, no one deserves that and shame on you management.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

So should people hate German sports teams because of Hitler? Don't bring politics into sports. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Pears said:

So should people hate German sports teams because of Hitler? Don't bring politics into sports. 

Anyone who voted for the Austrian painter has been dead for a while.

On the other hand, Florida shit bags continue to support Trump.

Politics have been present in sports forever, great example would be 1936 games in Berlin.

• ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, Attila Umbrus said:

Watch them fire Knobloch and hire Quenville too

Dynamic duo side by side again…that’s sooo Oilers…

Mcdonky would say "I wanna win" like that would excuse it.

• ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, Reg said:

The Oilers have started a trend. Katz. Nicholson. Keith. Kane. Perry. Bowman?  How f'ing pathetic. 

Big difference between Bowman and the rest of them.