Charges were dropped, stop slandering 

Since when? As far as I know the court case resumes  Aug 13 

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Charges were dropped, stop slandering 

If you've got a source, provide it. As far as I know the legal process is ongoing. 

As of yesterday they're still awaiting trial.

https://globalnews.ca/news/10599359/nhl-players-accused-sexual-assault-free-agents/

Edited by Coconuts
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

why would any team even bother??? Just look at Jake Virtanen.... he's cleared of all allegations but no NHL teams would go near him.... well, other than the Oilers who love picking up iffy guys!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

why would any team even bother??? Just look at Jake Virtanen.... he's cleared of all allegations but no NHL teams would go near him.... well, other than the Oilers who love picking up iffy guys!!

If he could help a team win somebody probably would but he isn’t even first tier Euro league quality at this point. 
‘Montreal hits me as a team that wouldn’t care for instance. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

If he could help a team win somebody probably would but he isn’t even first tier Euro league quality at this point. 

He's too big for Montral to be interested 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He's too big for Montral to be interested 

Slafkovsky 6'3

Matheson 6'2

Armia 6'3

Savard 6'1

Guhle 6'3

Anderson. 6'3

Barron 6'2

Pezetta 6'1

Xhekaj 6'4

Dvorak 6'1

Dach 6'4

Mailloux 6'3

Reinbacher 6'3

That said. No, Montreal wouldn't be interested 

12 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

About McLeod. I thought about maybe the Canucks signing him. 

26 yo, RHD C. made a mistake in life. A huge one

But I'm not sure how he would be received in this market. Maybe in Edmonton, they're fine with doing shit like that. But if Mcleod is cleared of any wrongdoing, then I think hell yes, Allvin should be all over this. 

Wouldn't be worth the distraction and negative attention he'd bring to the team. These players are done. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Why Montreal? Because they drafted Mailloux?  That's a stupid comment.  First off, the entire management team responsible for drafting him are no longer with the team. Secondly, the management that is there worked with him and ensured he went through extensive counseling as well as did thier due diligence on him before ever signing him.

Finally. What he did (although reprehensible) wasn't nearly as serious as what thenorher players were discussing are/were acused of.  He shared an inappropriate picture of a legal age girl from a consensual sexual encounter.  

• Confused 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Let's not try to say taking explicit photos without consent and actual sexual assault and r*pe are even remotely comparable. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Pears said:

Let's not try to say taking explicit photos without consent and actual sexual assault and r*pe are even remotely comparable. 

In case was missed from the reposts, the comment was about Virtanen, not the team Canada 5. Don’t want to get into a position of defending Jake, I think the guy is a scumbag.  But what was he convicted of?

If he was a NHL quality PF we all hoped he would be, a team would absolutely take a chance on him. 
‘Sure I jokingly picked Montreal because of Mailloux but also because the French attitude towards sex is just different. That isn’t a judgement statement, just different. 
‘The team Canada 5 that is very different and the organized nature of that and the coverups amplified it.  (Oh and sharing explicit photos without consent is absolutely sexual assault)

Edited by DrJockitch

6 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Slafkovsky 6'3

Matheson 6'2

Armia 6'3

Savard 6'1

Guhle 6'3

Anderson. 6'3

Barron 6'2

Pezetta 6'1

Xhekaj 6'4

Dvorak 6'1

Dach 6'4

Mailloux 6'3

Reinbacher 6'3

That said. No, Montreal wouldn't be interested 

Other than Xhekaj and Pezzetta that is a soft list 

6 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Why Montreal? Because they drafted Mailloux?  That's a stupid comment.  First off, the entire management team responsible for drafting him are no longer with the team. Secondly, the management that is there worked with him and ensured he went through extensive counseling as well as did thier due diligence on him before ever signing him.

Finally. What he did (although reprehensible) wasn't nearly as serious as what thenorher players were discussing are/were acused of.  He shared an inappropriate picture of a legal age girl from a consensual sexual encounter.  

Well, as long as Habs fans are ok with it I guess it's all good.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Never say never. MacTavish killed a young woman while drunk. Spent a year (give or take) in prison having been found guilty of vehicular homicide. Oilers picked him up once he left prison and went on to have decent career picking up a few cups along the way before moving into coaching.

Do I personally think any one of these will ever play again in the NHL, probably not.

Edited by Rocket-68