WILL ANY TEAMS TAKE A CHANCE ON CARTER HART MACLEOD OR EVEN DUBE

4 minutes ago, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR A PERFECT HUMAN BEING SEAN BEAN..

I heard a good quote the other day. Sure, these kids deserve a 2nd chance, but it doesn't have to be in the NHL. 

• Cheers 3

On 7/3/2024 at 8:35 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Other than Xhekaj and Pezzetta that is a soft list 

Anderson is soft?   Seemed like half the forum wanted him after they went to the final. 

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

No, I believe that they are suspended from the league until completion of the criminal proceeding. Once that completes, if they are cleared, they can apply to be allowed back.

And they won't "punish them" until the court proceedings are done.   None of them are suspended, just on paid leave.   Carter Hart is making close to 5 million this year. 

Edit:  The league truly has put their head in the sand in this one.     Suspended would have been a statement, then their wages would go to the assistance fund instead the best lawyers money can buy. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

And they won't "punish them" until the court proceedings are done.   None of them are suspended, just on paid leave.   Carter Hart is making close to 5 million this year. 

Edit:  The league truly has put their head in the sand in this one.     Suspended would have been a statement, then their wages would go to the assistance fund instead the best lawyers money can buy. 

Carter Hart shows as UFA. I think most if not all of these guys were not qualified. 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Carter Hart shows as UFA. I think most if not all of these guys were not qualified. 

This is his pay for 2023-2024.   He's one guy who was under contract.    And yes he's getting paid not suspended. 

IMG_0125.png

Here is Dube's, also got paid leave, not suspended.   Not even sure how they did their cap hits ... LTIR?  Can't. 

IMG_0126.png

Even Cal Foote was given a one year 800k deal.   McLeod 1.4 (one year 2023-2024).    Curious ... when did the story break and when did these guys get a one year deal ..  

No I don't think any of these guys will get a contract.   But the ones they were on, they got paid for.   Point is, they didn't get suspended.   Not great optics given the charges. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

On 7/5/2024 at 1:00 PM, VegasCanuck said:

No, I believe that they are suspended from the league until completion of the criminal proceeding. Once that completes, if they are cleared, they can apply to be allowed back.

they are not suspended from the league.. those that still have a contract will continue to get paid.. they just aren't "allowed" to play

• Cheers 2

Who would touch any of those guys unless found innocent? Seems like a "Jeopardy" question. I'll take "how do I cause a category 5 P.R. shitstorm" for $1500, Alex.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

This is his pay for 2023-2024.   He's one guy who was under contract.    And yes he's getting paid not suspended. 

IMG_0125.png

Here is Dube's, also got paid leave, not suspended.   Not even sure how they did their cap hits ... LTIR?  Can't. 

IMG_0126.png

Even Cal Foote was given a one year 800k deal.   McLeod 1.4 (one year 2023-2024).    Curious ... when did the story break and when did these guys get a one year deal ..  

No I don't think any of these guys will get a contract.   But the ones they were on, they got paid for.   Point is, they didn't get suspended.   Not great optics given the charges. 

Yeah, his contract ended at midnight June 30th this year, he’s now a UFA as he was not qualified

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

they are not suspended from the league.. those that still have a contract will continue to get paid.. they just aren't "allowed" to play

Correct, but I don’t believe that a single one of them was qualified and are now UFA’s as of July 1st

Like others have said 

The Edmonton scum bags  are  probably scouting them assessing if they meet the level of scumbag required to be an Oil country coiler. 

kanes betting on it 

Perry already check out there moms Gigity 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 6:16 PM, IBatch said:

IMG_0125.png

IMG_0126.png

All of those contracts were signed prior to the players being charged. They were all charged in January this year. They were all put on paid leave by the NHL and so they all got paid until June 30. 

All 4 players playing in the NHL were either RFA or UFA as of July 1. None of them were re-signed so all are UFA’s right now. 

I think the reason why the league didn’t suspend them is because all of their contracts were expiring anyways so no point in having their lawyers come at the league with potential lawsuits. 

Now the teams can just legally blackball them until the trial is over. 

Dillon Dube has officially signed a contract in the KHL. The others could follow him. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson

On 7/5/2024 at 7:07 PM, HOCKEYGOD77 said:

YOU SOUND LIKE YOUR A PERFECT HUMAN BEING SEAN BEAN..

8wgzid.jpg

... But really I disagree with your comment on these kids needing a break. 🧐

Especially if they are found somehow involved in this. 

Edited by iinatcc
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Some Russian team tried signing both Dube & Hart last week.. Apparently due to a court order the 5 Predators (Not of Nashville decent) are forbidden from playing on the same team as each other. I guess the judge was concerned of future hotel room meet-ups.. Those Russian chicks don't play around though, a lot of them carry vodka bottles and switchblades.. 
Either way.. The Russian team choice Dube.