[Speculation] Remaining Free Agents as of July 13

I don’t see Phil the Thrill on that list…

Just for fun:

Oldest player: Giordano

Youngest player: Boqvist

Most games played: Suter

Most points in a season: Wheeler (91)

Most goals in a season: Pacioretty (39)

Most cups: Tarasenko/Schultz (2)

Most wins: Jones (236)

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Kylington/ Boqvist/ Fleury (younger, buy-low guys with upside; OK for LD depth, AB or HF to spot Myers in case he returns to being awful and we're not stuck with just Desharnais or Jett Woo as our only options)

Tarasenko (might just be the only legit top-6 guy left, if we still want to add some up front - maybe we'll have to wait until he realizes there's no market for him then we can sign him for cheaper; I fear we'll take a step back still with losing Lindholm and if Petey/ DeBrusk don't gel, we might need some scoring depth still)

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Of that forwards list, any big RHS centre available for us???

Jack Roslovic fits the bill the closest.

I could see them kicking tires. Clearly center depth is important to this group.

I honestly hope they try this look at some point regardless if they sign Roslovic or not. I just can’t help but think that Debrusk and Miller would be money together.

Debrusk Miller Boeser 

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Heinen Roslovic Hoglander

Suter Blueger Sherwood 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I could see them kicking tires. Clearly center depth is important to this group.

I honestly hope they try this look at some point regardless if they sign Roslovic or not. I just can’t help but think that Debrusk and Miller would be money together.

Debrusk Miller Boeser 

Suter Blueger Sherwood 

Now, that looks more like a cup contender forward group!! Only issue is, we don't have any cap space to fit Roslovic.... 

You've to to believe Allvin will look to add another defenseman. Skating and puck moving chops seem to make the most sense.

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Debrusk Miller Boeser 

Suter Blueger Sherwood 

Heck of a line up.

Maybe JT Miller can convince a fellow Ohioan to join the team!?

He’s definitely holding out for better money and isn’t getting the offers he likes. Some contending team may nab him on a 1 year show me deal very easily.

Or go play in obscurity on a rebuilding team…those are his options basically.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RakuRaku said:

Now, that looks more like a cup contender forward group!! Only issue is, we don't have any cap space to fit Roslovic.... 

Depends what he wants. We’d have to sell him on a 1 year deal to build up his value so he can get a big payday at 28. It worked well for other guys here.

That being said we need to put the cap towards defense.

13 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've been calling for Sprong since before the TDL.  Underrated player IMO.  

13 hours ago, NHLer said:

Tochett player?

Interesting connection since he was drafted (2nd round) by JR/PA and then traded by them after never really being able to grab a roster spot there.  Wonder, if they still have the same impression of him or if they've changed their mind on him.

13 hours ago, HKSR said:

I've been calling for Sprong since before the TDL.  Underrated player IMO.  

Gavin Free Love GIF by Rooster Teeth

I think he would excel on this team, but I would have to imagine he signs for $3m - $4m per.

Whoever gets him, if they can utilize his speed and his elite hands while using his 200lb body in anything more than a bottom six role he could really produce.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Interesting connection since he was drafted (2nd round) by JR/PA and then traded by them after never really being able to grab a roster spot there.  Wonder, if they still have the same impression of him or if they've changed their mind on him.

I think it's more of a cap issue.  Sprong is worth $4M+ based on production.  If he came in at $3M, I think the Canucks would consider making a run at him.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think it's more of a cap issue.  Sprong is worth $4M+ based on production.  If he came in at $3M, I think the Canucks would consider making a run at him.

If they have 3 mil they need to be bringing in another D man that can move the puck.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Debrusk Miller Boeser 

Suter Blueger Sherwood 

Pettersson always end with junk second line players.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Pettersson always end with junk second line players.

Joshua and Garland are junk?

They were two of our most consistent forwards through the season. They would easily pot 20 with him. Big upgrade over Mikheyev and Hoglander that’s for sure.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Joshua and Garland are junk?

They were two of our most consistent forwards through the season. They would easily pot 20 with him. Big upgrade over Mikheyev and Hoglander that’s for sure.

Still third liners.He need at list one top 6 winger to be able to function.

1 hour ago, Lemon Face said:

Still third liners.He need at list one top 6 winger to be able to function.

garland is a top six winger. 

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

he's OK. He had a good year with Brian Dumoulin. I think it really depends on who he's with. 

I think he’d be fine with forbort on the bottom pair. 

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Debrusk Miller Boeser 

Suter Blueger Sherwood 

I dont think hes a strong face-off guy or a penalty killer though is he?

I think Debrusk is going to thrive with both Petey and miller and would have loved to see Joshua Petey Garland tried at least once last season!

Im thinking Sherwood is going to either steal Hoglanders top 6 spot shortly into the season or take Joshuas third line spot if he moves up with or without garland.

My ideal Line up right now before acquiring a potential RHC is:

Heinen-Miller-Boeser

Sherwood-Pettersson-Debrusk

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

Hoglander-Suter-Podkolzin

I dont think sherwood is going to start the year there though but I think he may finish it there starting on the fourth line and working his way up.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

If they have 3 mil they need to be bringing in another D man that can move the puck.

Especially considering injuries too

Soucy and Forbot most likely will miss time injured this year.