Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Heinen Blueger Podkolzin

Defense, I'd like to see us add a legit 3LD:

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

??? Desharnais

Forbort Juulsen

• Like 2

I think Lekkerimäki makes the team and we end up trading Höglander and get a pick back and a veteran forward or Dman.  We have over $2.5 million in cap space, so if we trade Höglander that’s another million, so with $3.5 million we could get a significant player. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, BigTramFan said:

Forwards I would like to see this tried:

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Heinen Blueger Podkolzin

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

??? Desharnais

Forbort Juulsen

Intriguing forward group.  I'd probably swap Podkolzin and Sherwood, since I'd still want to see what we might have in Podz and Kiefer thrived in a 4th line role so he can do well on that defensive group, but I see the blend you're going for.  If Joshua and Garland catch fire with Petey that's an interesting, speedy two-way line with legit size to help Petey out, and Miller and DeBrusk together on the rush would be exciting to watch.

I think Haydn Fleury or Kylington for that 3 LD would be perfect.  Mobile but safe in Fleury, while Kylington has some depth offensive upside.
OPTIMALLY someone bumps Myers down a pair but I'm starting to wonder if we're stuck with what we have on RD (give Boqvist a shot?)

3 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Forwards I would like to see this tried:

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Pettersson Garland

Hoglander Suter Sherwood

Heinen Blueger Podkolzin

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

??? Desharnais

Forbort Juulsen

How is Forbort not a legit 3LD? In fact, I think he is underrated and will play well. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Intriguing forward group.  I'd probably swap Podkolzin and Sherwood, since I'd still want to see what we might have in Podz and Kiefer thrived in a 4th line role so he can do well on that defensive group, but I see the blend you're going for.  If Joshua and Garland catch fire with Petey that's an interesting, speedy two-way line with legit size to help Petey out, and Miller and DeBrusk together on the rush would be exciting to watch.

I think Haydn Fleury or Kylington for that 3 LD would be perfect.  Mobile but safe in Fleury, while Kylington has some depth offensive upside.
OPTIMALLY someone bumps Myers down a pair but I'm starting to wonder if we're stuck with what we have on RD (give Boqvist a shot?)

Good thoughts.

I just don't think Podz has the offensive pop to play 3rd line, whereas Sherwood had 27 pts last season and has some definite top-9 upside potential.

Would like to see Myers pushed down to the 3rd pair too, but given Desharnais, Juulsen, Friedman are all below Myers on the depth chart, can't see PA getting another RD.

Fleury would be my preference out of those suggestions for 3LD. I wonder whether Ryan Suter could be signed to a cheap 1-year contract. He could provide a real settling influence to Myers or Desharnais.

1 hour ago, Drakrami said:

How is Forbort not a legit 3LD? In fact, I think he is underrated and will play well. 

Yeah I guess he is. I'm not running down Forbort and I'm looking forward to his physicality.

But it's probably more the bottom 2 pairings overall that don't inspire me with confidence. I feel like Soucy plays a real solid defensive game that helps his partner to play better. He's likely paired with Myers on the second pairing and they are serviceable, but imo that isn't really a true talent second pairing. Ideally their minutes aren't as high as a typical 2nd pairing. We also don't want Hughes-Hronek playing 25 mins every night. So that all means our 3rd pairing is going to be relied on to play more minutes than a regular 3rd pairing and I'm not confident that Forbort-Desharnais will handle that. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. They are certainly going to hurt some people!

Ideally I'd like to add a calming presence like a Ryan Suter, which pushes Friedman out of the top 8 and provides some real experience and gives us excellent defensive depth.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think Lekkerimäki makes the team and we end up trading Höglander and get a pick back and a veteran forward or Dman.  We have over $2.5 million in cap space, so if we trade Höglander that’s another million, so with $3.5 million we could get a significant player. 

First off I agree that we will need to move on from one of Hogs or Podz this season.    

Believe we have 2.74 with full LTIR use but could be wrong.  

As for Hogs, he makes 1.1 so the most we save us 350k or so league min.   

Was thinking we could trade Suter.   His cap hit 1.6, would bump remaining funds up 850k.    To upgrade something.    Would mean Aman slots in, not the best scenario, but it maybe is enough to upgrade our center depth or defense.   A 3C or a Cole like replacement, bumping Forbet out. 

Also think Allvin should stop at this point.   Let the dust settle on UFA signings.    Some players who haven't signed, might have too big of an ask, later take what they can get.    Actually see Allvin making a trade too, and Hogs or Podz will be the guys involved. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Yeah I guess he is. I'm not running down Forbort and I'm looking forward to his physicality.

But it's probably more the bottom 2 pairings overall that don't inspire me with confidence. I feel like Soucy plays a real solid defensive game that helps his partner to play better. He's likely paired with Myers on the second pairing and they are serviceable, but imo that isn't really a true talent second pairing. Ideally their minutes aren't as high as a typical 2nd pairing. We also don't want Hughes-Hronek playing 25 mins every night. So that all means our 3rd pairing is going to be relied on to play more minutes than a regular 3rd pairing and I'm not confident that Forbort-Desharnais will handle that. I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised. They are certainly going to hurt some people!

Ideally I'd like to add a calming presence like a Ryan Suter, which pushes Friedman out of the top 8 and provides some real experience and gives us excellent defensive depth.

Agree with you.   It's a lot like last season, entering the season that is.   Last year we had 3 5's in Cole,  Myers and Soucy.   With Friedman and Juulsen. But we also had 6 legit NHL d's for the first time in a decade and well QH's.

Think that they might plan on splitting up QHs and Hronek.    QHs managed with Schenn, he should manage with Desharnais.    Soucy Hronek is a legit second pairing.    Forbet Myers a good third pairing.    This way, they can keep QHs and Hronek's around the same,  Soucy gets a bump and the third pairing no problems in the 16-18 minute range.  

It's either that or QH's and Hronek will be on the ice 27-30 minutes regularly. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

I'd like to see Soucy with either Desharnais or Hronek and keep Myers with Forbort as a shutdown pair.

10 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i'ld like them to try,

joshua miller boeser;

debrusk pettersson garland;

hoglander suter sherwood;

heinen blueger podkolzin.

Suter over Aman please.

Id like to see;

Bebrusk  Miller Boeser

Joshua EP Garland

Hoglander Bluegar Podz

Heinen  Suter Sherwood

OR

Heinen Miller Boeser

De-Brusk EP Hogs 

Joshua Bluegar Garland (why break up the band)

Sherwood Suter Podz 

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Suter over Aman please.

Id like to see;

Bebrusk  Miller Boeser

Joshua EP Garland

Hoglander Bluegar Podz

Heinen  Suter Sherwood

OR

Heinen Miller Boeser

De-Brusk EP Hogs 

Joshua Bluegar Garland (why break up the band)

Sherwood Suter Podz 

shannon says heinen is most effective in the bottom 6. suter has more scoring ability than blueger.

suter and hogs are better suited so far, on the bottom six. i have the 6 highest paid forwards on the top 2 lines.

chemistry will dictate how the lines go. imo petey needs a scorer and board battler with him, miller could use another physical winger/strong defensive

player on his wing. tocchet might go in a completely different direction.

• Cheers 1

Podz Miller Boeser

DeBrusk EP Hogz

Joshua Blueger Garland

Heinin Suter Sherwood

PDG Aman

Hughes Hronek

Soucy Myers

Forbert Desharnais

Juulsen

Demko

Silovs

I'm most excited to see how effective our PK should be next year.  Our top PK unit should be lights out. 

Blueger-Heinen

Forbort-Desharnais

Look at the PK ability of the guys we just acquired:

image.png.85fdcfe92fca3c7433bdbe3ba38dd37f.png

image.png.f64bd657878139117c425c319b0387c8.png

image.png.023e396cc0446e6c222ae45ca914afb3.png

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, IBatch said:

First off I agree that we will need to move on from one of Hogs or Podz this season.    

Believe we have 2.74 with full LTIR use but could be wrong.  

As for Hogs, he makes 1.1 so the most we save us 350k or so league min.   

Was thinking we could trade Suter.   His cap hit 1.6, would bump remaining funds up 850k.    To upgrade something.    Would mean Aman slots in, not the best scenario, but it maybe is enough to upgrade our center depth or defense.   A 3C or a Cole like replacement, bumping Forbet out. 

Also think Allvin should stop at this point.   Let the dust settle on UFA signings.    Some players who haven't signed, might have too big of an ask, later take what they can get.    Actually see Allvin making a trade too, and Hogs or Podz will be the guys involved. 

I agree with this. We could weaponize our cap space at training camp. 

One team that is over the cap right now is Nashville. They are over by almost $200k with only 21 players signed. I would target Colton Sissons. He makes almost $2.9 million. Trade Suter and a pick for Sissons and we have our right shot 3C/4C. Nashville gets under the cap and has enough to sign another player. Win/win for both teams. 

We’d still have $1.5 million left over in cap space. So we could upgrade the defence with the remaining money. If we move Freidman out we could get another LHD for up to $2 million. Again we could weaponize the cap space and make a trade. 

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

One team that is over the cap right now is Nashville. They are over by almost $200k with only 21 players signed. I would target Colton Sissons. He makes almost $2.9 million. Trade Suter and a pick for Sissons and we have our right shot 3C/4C. Nashville gets under the cap and has enough to sign another player. Win/win for both teams. 

We’d still have $1.5 million left over in cap space. So we could upgrade the defence with the remaining money. If we move Freidman out we could get another LHD for up to $2 million. Again we could weaponize the cap space and make a trade. 

As usual, you're thinking out of the box in a good way. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'm most excited to see how effective our PK should be next year.  Our top PK unit should be lights out. 

Blueger-Heinen

Forbort-Desharnais

In that case:

leo santa cruz boxing GIF by SHOWTIME Sports

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Blueger-Heinen

Forbort-Desharnais

It's almost like the current management know what they are doing...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks23 said:

Hoglander Petey DeBrusk

Heinen Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Suter Sherwood

love this combo. Pain in the ass the whole way through. 

Actually starting to feel like an identity, it's been a long time. 

15 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks23 said:

Hughes - Hronek

Myers. - Soucy

Forbort - Desharnais

Can't argue with the top pair.

I like Myers-Soucy, not sure they are better than a really good 3rd pairing tho.

Forbort- VD does feel like a bit of an experiment and they might get taken advantage of on puck movement.... but we don't know what Foote has planned either here. Will be really interesting to find out.

We have the backup plan of Forbort-Juulson so thats fine.

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

love this idea

• Cheers 1

I predict Cole Mcward steels a spot with Hughes in training camp. Hronek balances out the second pairing 

Starting Lineup 

Hoglander Pettersson Lekkerimaki 

Debrusk Miller Boeser

Joshua Scissons Garland 

Heinen Blueger Sherwood 

Podkolzin Karlsson

Hughes Mcward 

Soucy Hronek 

Forbert Myers

Desjarnais Juulsen 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1