Philadelphia Mass Looting

Sabrefan1

24 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

Hmm.  I just realized that the title to this thread may lead to people's brains reading mass "shooting" rather than mass "looting" since that's the more common occurrence in the US.

well, mine did… I was like oh god, how many deaths this time?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

America and Canada are turning into 3rd world trash countries.    Senseless crime, liberalization, homelessness, decriminalization, #defundthepolice, lax drug policies, etc., etc.  

Did you just read those things after watching sucker Carlson?

• Cheers 3

I heard Target is closing down some locations claiming this was the reason. However they are getting called out, saying they are just using it as an excuse to hide poor sales. 

Its sad for a couple reasons.

I agree with Bill Maher that we should Make Malls Great Again. It was the meeting place, town center, for a lot of us for decades but now that we have online shopping people are not forced to be around each other. This results in less understanding and acceptance of the different elements of our society. It helps breed the divide we see all over.

It could also lead to more big brother type security.How do you control large gatherings or groups? more cctv like England tries for their soccer hooligans? every inch of a country being recorded? ....i dunno, sad stuff indeed. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Did you just read those things after watching sucker Carlson?

Do you live in Vancouver?   If so, how can you *not* agree with what I'm saying? I lived in Vancouver last year and made frequent trips to Vancouver throughout the 90's and 00's.  Compare Vancouver to what it was 15-20 years ago.  

Want to see something even worse than Vancouver?  Take a trip down the I-5 down to Seattle. I was there in September 2022 to watch the Seahawks home opener against the Broncos.  Drug needles on the streets.  Homelessness, the city smelling like a combination of vape, weed, and human waste.  Open prostitution on street corners during the day and night.  Numerous examples of rude and aggressive customer service due to workers themselves being stressed over tough living conditions.

This is just personal observation.   How many times do we hear about someone getting shot and murdered in Vancouver now?   And now this crap in Philadelphia.   I'm proud that I live in another country now........a country that prioritizes having a strong military, strong police, and having a huge investment in technology and infrastructure.  No homelessness, drug use, etc, in sight. No vape aroma ruining the city. Young adults are very respectful here for the most part.  Little to no crime because people fear and respect the police.  Clean air.  Affordable rent.  Relatively low cost of living. LGBT issues, while respected and addressed, are not seen as the most important issue in the country.  

People that support Green technology do so because they genuinely want to see us address Global Warming.........as opposed to numerous "fake environmentalists" in North America that only pretend to support green initiatives because they see it as a vehicle for punishing rich and successful people (i.e.  "let dem big corporations pay for it!").  It's a collaborative effort over here.  50% of the cars here are battery operated now.  

Those thugs in Philadelphia that chose to loot all of those stores would have never even dared to do that here because they would have had the living shit kicked out of them by the State Police and would have rightfully so been tortured.

Compared to this, I absolutely stand by my comment.  America and Canada are turning into 3rd world country trash, and they'd better step up their games fast.   

Edited by Jeremy Hronek
  • Sad 1

I've got a solution.

All expensive display items have ink triggers like cash bags from banks in the movies. 

Also, give the cops some ink guns. Lace all these dummies with ink that doesn't come off for weeks. Look out for ink covered people and check the security footage to confirm the crime.

Done. 🙃

• Haha 2

The story as I read it was that there was a legitimate protest against the dismissal of murder charges against the police officer who shot and killed a driver.

The looters were opportunist crooks, who took advantage of the situation to line their pockets.

But don't let common sense stand in the way of a left vs right, "woke" vs. whatever TF you anti-woke people stand for, rant....:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by RupertKBD
  • Vintage 2

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Do you live in Vancouver?   If so, how can you *not* agree with what I'm saying? I lived in Vancouver last year and made frequent trips to Vancouver throughout the 90's and 00's.  Compare Vancouver to what it was 15-20 years ago.  

Want to see something even worse than Vancouver?  Take a trip down the I-5 down to Seattle. I was there in September 2022 to watch the Seahawks home opener against the Broncos.  Drug needles on the streets.  Homelessness, the city smelling like a combination of vape, weed, and human waste.  Open prostitution on street corners during the day and night.  Numerous examples of rude and aggressive customer service due to workers themselves being stressed over tough living conditions.

This is just personal observation.   How many times do we hear about someone getting shot and murdered in Vancouver now?   And now this crap in Philadelphia.   I'm proud that I live in another country now........a country that prioritizes having a strong military, strong police, and having a huge investment in technology and infrastructure.  No homelessness, drug use, etc, in sight. No vape aroma ruining the city. Young adults are very respectful here for the most part.  Little to no crime because people fear and respect the police.  Clean air.  Affordable rent.  Relatively low cost of living. LGBT issues, while respected and addressed, are not seen as the most important issue in the country.  

People that support Green technology do so because they genuinely want to see us address Global Warming.........as opposed to numerous "fake environmentalists" in North America that only pretend to support green initiatives because they see it as a vehicle for punishing rich and successful people (i.e.  "let dem big corporations pay for it!").  It's a collaborative effort over here.  50% of the cars here are battery operated now.  

Those thugs in Philadelphia that chose to loot all of those stores would have never even dared to do that here because they would have had the living shit kicked out of them by the State Police and would have rightfully so been tortured.

Compared to this, I absolutely stand by my comment.  America and Canada are turning into 3rd world country trash, and they'd better step up their games fast.   

The fact that you think gun violence is a work liberal problem is just asinine.  To top that off you think the problem with society is legal weed?? Are you being intentionally obtuse?? Or are you just a Freedumb supporter?  I haven’t met a smart one yet so I’m just playing the odds

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rook said:

The fact that you think gun violence is a work liberal problem is just asinine.  To top that off you think the problem with society is legal weed?? Are you being intentionally obtuse?? Or are you just a Freedumb supporter?  I haven’t met a smart one yet so I’m just playing the odds

I think gun violence is related to many things (both conservatism and liberalism are to blame).  Conservatives typically support the right to bear arms which often leads to school shootings, etc. Liberals typically tend to want a smaller police budget (which obviously gives way to more crime).  So no, I don't think gun violence is solely a liberal problem.  

And yes - I think legalizing weed was a colossal mistake because now that the envelope has been pushed, people will want to continue to push the envelope further. What's next?  Making Oxy over-the-counter?  Legalizing cocaine?   Less stringent rules, enforcement, and accountability.  Now we see people in Vancouver 'shooting up' on public transportation.   

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Holy hyperbole batman.  I'm not denying Canada has some things they need to work on, but we're still one of the top places to look very in the world and we have some of the happiest people.

Your claims of being like a third world country are beyond ridiculous.  That said, I don't disagree about giving lip service to addressing climate change etc and whatever is happening in Philly is a symptom of "trickle down economics"

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, Rook said:

legal weed??

Legal weed is very important.

Before it was legalised it had 70%support by Canadians.

It has opened up more medical reseach and has reduced a clog on the legal system.

It used to be called a gate-way drug but has also been used to get people off hard drugs, an opposite gate-way. A friend used to do a free ' shake' program out of dispenseries. It was intended for those that needed to ease their pain and hopefully prevent crime. Instead of going out to break into cars to get their fix, they would hopefully be relaxing from smoking the pot and working on their withdrawl from the heavy stuff. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, stawns said:

Holy hyperbole batman.  I'm not denying Canada has some things they need to work on, but we're still one of the top places to look very in the world and we have some of the happiest people.

How long do you think this is going to last with the way inflation is going?   A 1BR/1B is what now?  2200 per month in Vancouver?    

Even our much vaunted medical system.  No country invests more into their healthcare than Canada and yet while we're "pretty good," in this regard, the ROI doesn't justify the investment.  Scandanavian countries, Australia, etc., all have significantly better healthcare systems than Canada.  Anyways, I'm getting off track here.  My bottom line here is that both Canada and America needs to step up.  Big time.   People down there don't respect the police anymore and this needs to stop.  

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

What's next?  Making Oxy over-the-counter?  Legalizing cocaine?   Less stringent rules, enforcement, and accountability.

You'll never stop it in Vancouver. A port city where 1% of the cargo is inspected. 

New designer drugs are too small and potent too. Hard to stop smuggling when one pill of carfentanil can do so much. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

You'll never stop it in Vancouver. A port city where 1% of the cargo is inspected. 

New designer drugs are too small and potent too. Hard to stop smuggling when one pill of carfentanil can do so much. 

You can significantly curtail it by......

1) Increasing the police budget

2) Increasing the severity of punishment so that criminals *truly* fear the consequences IF they get caught.   

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I think gun violence is related to many things (both conservatism and liberalism are to blame).  Conservatives typically support the right to bear arms which often leads to school shootings, etc. Liberals typically tend to want a smaller police budget (which obviously gives way to more crime).  So no, I don't think gun violence is solely a liberal problem.  

And yes - I think legalizing weed was a colossal mistake because now that the envelope has been pushed, people will want to continue to push the envelope further. What's next?  Making Oxy over-the-counter?  Legalizing cocaine?   Less stringent rules, enforcement, and accountability.  Now we see people in Vancouver 'shooting up' on public transportation.   

Lol. Legalizing weed wasn’t a mistake at all.. that’s just silly to think so.. the tax dollars alone is good for things like budgets for policing etc.  On top of that it lowered the income for gangs that used to make bank on selling it.  Weed ain’t the devil bud.. it’s a better option that both cigarettes and booze which ironically have been legal for ages. Not to mention the medical benefits that go with weed.  They’ve been shooting up and smoking crack in public long before the legalization of pot. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Reading between the lines, you'll probably be able to figure it out if I continue to respond to posts in this thread.

Why though?

You've gone from being really proud to it being a secret.

That makes me wonder if your country doesn't have it all figured out.

I'm very proud of Canada, to this day. It is one of the most desirable countries to live in year after year, based on a quite a few different metrics. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

How long do you think this is going to last with the way inflation is going?   A 1BR/1B is what now?  2200 per month in Vancouver?    

Even our much vaunted medical system.  No country invests more into their healthcare than Canada and yet while we're "pretty good," in this regard, the ROI doesn't justify the investment.  Scandanavian countries, Australia, etc., all have significantly better healthcare systems than Canada.  Anyways, I'm getting off track here.  My bottom line here is that both Canada and America needs to step up.  Big time.   People down there don't respect the police anymore and this needs to stop.  

Inflation has been much worse, many times in our history.  Not saying it's fun, but it's not done new phenomenon.  We are on the cusp of a demographic change unlike anything humanity has ever seen before.......that's not going to be a smooth transition.  Once the boomers are gone, things will settle into a new reality

• Cheers 3