Philadelphia Mass Looting

Sabrefan1

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

How do you know how I execute? Stop. I hold them accountable when they F up and reward them when they excel. They’re 11 and 15. We all take turns cleaning and making dinner. The 15 year old has a job. The 11 year old does chores. I’m in Texas for 2 weeks and I’m home for 2 weeks. They can’t wait for me to come home. I give them stability. Their mom lets them do whatever they want. Explain that? Kids love structure. Responsibility builds their confidence. My job isn’t to coddle them, it’s to prepare them for being on their own. Kids today are coddled. When they grow up they don’t know how to handle the real world. 

None of that has bearing on what he said. He is in education. He deals with more kids than you and has seen it over decades. 

Happy to hear you are raising your kids well. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, stawns said:

jusy sayin........it's me and my colleagues that deal with the mess of that kind of "structure"

Thanks again for the selective stereotyping. A teacher’s favourite weapon. The results of this this new zero accountability education system are showing their results on the streets. 
if you discipline a student and their parents call you and make excuses for their kid with hostility. Do you apologize and retract? What if they blame you? What do you think of that kind of engagement? 
if my kids teacher’s discipline my kids I support the teacher. Even if in the back of my mind I think the teacher is wrong because they need to respect authority. They’re going to run into dickhead bosses. They need to develop their own coping skills on how to deal with a teachers discipline. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

None of that has bearing on what he said. He is in education. He deals with more kids than you and has seen it over decades. 

Happy to hear you are raising your kids well. 

There is structure and there is tyranny. Teachers should know the difference. Telling me I’m abusing me kids is crossing the line. 

1 minute ago, LaBamba said:

Thanks again for the selective stereotyping. A teacher’s favourite weapon. The results of this this new zero accountability education system are showing their results on the streets. 
if you discipline a student and their parents call you and make excuses for their kid with hostility. Do you apologize and retract? What if they blame you? What do you think of that kind of engagement? 
if my kids teacher’s discipline my kids I support the teacher. Even if in the back of my mind I think the teacher is wrong because they need to respect authority. They’re going to run into dickhead bosses. They need to develop their own coping skills on how to deal with a teachers discipline. 

what, you don't like  being stereotyped and treated differently because of it?

Welcome to the community of marginalized people.......sucks, don't it?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

what, you don't like  being stereotyped and treated differently because of it?

Welcome to the community of marginalized people.......sucks, don't it?

Answer my question. How do you like parents calling you out for doing your job? Passing the accountability on to you when their kid is acting a fool? 
I don’t even want to hear about it. If my kid F’s up in your classroom, jump their ass.  Do your job. 

Just now, LaBamba said:

Answer my question. How do you like parents calling you out for doing your job? Passing the accountability on to you when their kid is acting a fool? 
I don’t even want to hear about it. If my kid F’s up in your classroom, jump their ass.  Do your job. 

I hope your kids respond better to lessons than you do

• ThereItIs 1

13 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

There would still be murders but it would be significantly less.  

No, it wouldn't.

https://www.amnestyusa.org/updates/a-clear-scientific-consensus-that-the-death-penalty-does-not-deter/

"Scientists agree, by an overwhelming majority, that the death penalty has no deterrent effect.  They felt the same way over ten years ago, and nothing has changed since then.  States without the death penalty continue to have significantly lower murder rates than those that retain capital punishment.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

We got corporal punishment at school and at home when I lived in England. Violent country that little island. 

I excelled and became the lovely person you are talking to , my bro had struggles, lots of scraps and anger. 

So I give your idea 50%. 

haha, a passing grade?

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

I hope your kids respond better to lessons than you do

You know what? Don’t answer the question. I know teachers have no authority in today’s society. You can’t even fail anyone. Lol. There is absolutely no reason to take you seriously in todays day and age. There is a kid in my daughters school that identifies as a moth, “moth” is 16. Keep encouraging “moth” to be a moth. Good job. 

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Wow, I’m in awe of your eloquence. Hey, I’m not telling anyone I don’t stereotype. I’m a stereotyping MF 

You're so much smarter than that.

i really enjoy reading your stuff, except the odd insults you throw here and there ...but we're all human.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I may have missed something.

but if you're asking how teachers like parents blaming them for their kids being awful little humans, I don't know a single teacher who appreciates it.  Many parents do not take hands in the raising of their kids past school age and allow education centres to then become defacto babysitting centres where the parents only raise an eye when the kid tells them something they learned that goes against their confirmed biases.

Paren'ts do this a great deal and it's infuriating.  I struggle to see in regards to accountability how parents and now even the government in some US states is passing the blame on to teachers for the behavioural failures of a child

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

You're so much smarter than that.

i really enjoy reading your stuff, except the odd insults you throw here and there ...but we're all human.

We all do. If you have a funny feeling walking down Hastings, that feeling conditioned your to think homeless people are going to rob you. It’s a primal instinct we humans use as a survival tool. So yes, we are all human. 

Just now, LaBamba said:

We all do. If you have a funny feeling walking down Hastings, that feeling conditioned your to think homeless people are going to rob you. It’s a primal instinct we humans use as a survival tool. So yes, we are all human. 

I hear you.

I dont have that concern often. I lived in Van for over 20years.

I'm also very confident.

Im the guy that things that go bump in the night worry about. 

Just now, Warhippy said:

I may have missed something.

but if you're asking how teachers like parents blaming them for their kids being awful little humans, I don't know a single teacher who appreciates it.  Many parents do not take hands in the raising of their kids past school age and allow education centres to then become defacto babysitting centres where the parents only raise an eye when the kid tells them something they learned that goes against their confirmed biases.

Paren'ts do this a great deal and it's infuriating.  I struggle to see in regards to accountability how parents and now even the government in some US states is passing the blame on to teachers for the behavioural failures of a child

All I was trying to explain is that accountability starts as a child and we are screwing up from the start. Our kids have no self coping with authority. 

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You know what? Don’t answer the question. I know teachers have no authority in today’s society. You can’t even fail anyone. Lol. There is absolutely no reason to take you seriously in todays day and age. There is a kid in my daughters school that identifies as a moth, “moth” is 16. Keep encouraging “moth” to be a moth. Good job. 

perhaps if we got to spend more time educating and less time time untangling the mess created by kids who get "structure and accountability" at home, we'd have a more educated society.

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

perhaps if we got to spend more time educating and less time time untangling the mess created by kids who get "structure and accountability" at home, we'd have a more educated society.

Well my kid is on the honour roll, so obviously I’m doing something wrong.
I just want to apologize in advance for giving my kids responsibilities and structure. I’m sorry for supporting the teachers and coaches authority. I know my tyranny will inevitably put them on the streets and put a strain on our society. I should have made more excuses and let them feel amazing regardless of their behaviour. Good job “moth” 

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Well my kid is on the honour roll, so obviously I’m doing something wrong.
I just want to apologize in advance for giving my kids responsibilities and structure. I’m sorry for supporting the teachers and coaches authority. I know my tyranny will inevitably put them on the streets and put a strain on our society. I should have made more excuses and let them feel amazing regardless of their behaviour. Good job “moth” 

All the well adjusted kids are on the honour roll.  Attaching self worth to achievement always works out, no?

Edited by stawns

And you would know this from your extensive time spent on the school system?

I leave the education up to the teachers. I did not go to university for 4 years to learn how to educate students. This is not my area of expertise. I support their curriculum regardless of my beliefs. In another thread you applauded me for excepting the inclusion of transgenderism. I am a mod conservative. I get aggressive how I articulate a point at times for my own entertainment. I assure you I do not abuse my kids. I am very involved and supportive. I do not rule with an Iron fist. I do hold them accountable when they make mistakes. You should appreciate my respect for you and your authority. I would never criticize your teaching methods the way you criticize my parenting. All kids and parents have different dynamics. Me and my kids excel with structure. The results are the only proof I need. 

59 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

All I was trying to explain is that accountability starts as a child and we are screwing up from the start. Our kids have no self coping with authority. 

I will 100% agree with this.  The generation raging about how milenials and now the younger groups are acting are the generation that failed in raising them though.  Unfortunately, for this generation they are latch key kids out of necessity whereas in the 80s and 90s it was mroe out of design.  Parents don't necessarily have the time anymore having to work 2+ jobs just to make ends meet.  The dual income family is now the quad income as most parents have 2 jobs and as such kids are being left alone more and more at home when they come home to raise themselves.

And what do they turn to fo fun and entertainment?  The internet and chat rooms and video games where the fear of accountability doesn't exist.

You will not hear me argue that this starts in child hood at all.  But the reasoning behind it is varied and not easy to always pin down.

20 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Yes, most are

Most well adjusted kids?

That's a load and you can't prove it.  I have seen some amazing grads lately but also have seen how many honour roll kids come from privileged lives and are generally awful people to their peers or those they perceive to be lesser than them or who are different.  These are kids with serious nervous tics and odd behaviours due to the pressures put on them to be successful at young ages.  Don't be a kid or a teenager, it's school; extra-curriculars, home work and then a job.  You're seeing 15 year olds essentially working 15 hour days and developing severe mental issues or social issues because of it.

To say most are well adjusted is a fallacy and much like many of your previous posts are opinion based only.

Before you jump in and ask me what do I know.  I actually shoot the grad images of local high schools and have for almost 6 years.  I deal with the valedictorians and the grads of 3 local high schools.  We're talking literally thousands of kids over the past 5 years and the "well adjusted ones" you speak of truly have some awful parents.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I leave the education up to the teachers. I did not go to university for 4 years to learn how to educate students. This is not my area of expertise. I support their curriculum regardless of my beliefs. In another thread you applauded me for excepting the inclusion of transgenderism. I am a mod conservative. I get aggressive how I articulate a point at times for my own entertainment. I assure you I do not abuse my kids. I am very involved and supportive. I do not rule with an Iron fist. I do hold them accountable when they make mistakes. You should appreciate my respect for you and your authority. I would never criticize your teaching methods the way you criticize my parenting. All kids and parents have different dynamics. Me and my kids excel with structure. The results are the only proof I need. 

I'm just messing with you and I'm sure your kids are star spangled awesome.