Seattle Kraken hire Jessica Campbell as assistant coach.

14 hours ago, Olli Juolevi said:

Personally I'd like to see the Canucks hire nothing but women on both the hockey and business side of things. Not overnight of course, but over time. Eventually we'll phase out the players and replace them with new ones closer to our vision. This could take a while given Petey's new extension, but we can get it done. As the league catches on, the game will adapt and we'll see some changes to how its played- ice melted, skaters going in laps around the rink all in the same direction. Keep the physicality though, we need it.

Why? Just because they're women? That's stupid and I'd bet everything I own that it would be a huge failure. Hire the best person for the job and leave race, sex, color or any other discrimination you can think of out of it.

No idea why this would cause anyone dismay. If you're qualified, you're qualified. I'm surprised a woman hasn't been an assistant coach before.

Not as though they don't know the game. They play it as hard as they're aloud to, but the skill to be a coach, or in this case an assistant coach

is gret.

• ThereItIs 1

Got to wonder though, will the players listen to her and respond? Will they go to her for help? I have my doubts. This feels more like a Kamala Harris feel-good publicity stunt.

I mean really, why did Harris become VP? Does anyone know what she does? They had four years to groom her to take over for Biden, and yet, the old fool is leading the democrats again. He can barely keep a thought in his head. He's the best they've got. How sad.

Anyway, good for Jessica Campbell. Bad for the Kraken IMO.  

• Wiener 1

Dan Bylsma is Seattle's new coach. New coaches get to hire assistants of their choice. Bylsma had a huge pool of potential candidates. He chose Jessica Campbell because he knew her and she was his assistant coach in Coachella Valley, a franchise that went to the AHL final two years in a row (and lost to Hershey both times). Sounds like a pretty good coaching team to me. 

7 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Got to wonder though, will the players listen to her and respond? Will they go to her for help? I have my doubts. This feels more like a Kamala Harris feel-good publicity stunt.

I mean really, why did Harris become VP? Does anyone know what she does? They had four years to groom her to take over for Biden, and yet, the old fool is leading the democrats again. He can barely keep a thought in his head. He's the best they've got. How sad.

Like with any coach of the players are having success then they will listen. If they aren’t having success they will time out. This lady is a skill’s coach. If players improve, or they see others improving, then she will be popular. 

On 7/3/2024 at 12:45 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well she is pretty easy on the eyes.🥸

Seriously though, seems like she's a fully qualified hire.

On 7/3/2024 at 6:36 PM, Petey O said:

Shecute

Yeah, there's gonna be a handful of the guys that won't be able to pay attention to what she says when she looks like this on the bench lol

image.thumb.jpeg.e934188ca789fecc62427616206ded52.jpeg

54 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah, there's gonna be a handful of the guys that won't be able to pay attention to what she says when she looks like this on the bench lol

image.thumb.jpeg.e934188ca789fecc62427616206ded52.jpeg

"HKSR you're up, get in there!"

"Sorry coach, I need a minute."

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

https://lfpress.com/sports/hockey/local-skating-coach-watches-with-pride-as-bo-horvat-surges-into-nhl-stardom

Seems that Bo Horvat had no issue listening to a woman coaching him.  We've also had women coach in the NFL and NBA without issue.

17 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Not a single word, EVER, about how good looking a gay player finds his coach to be.

Don't try to pretend there aren't any!

But a, a, a, a, girl? oh noes.

Or when a man coaches women.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1